Portland trading Kent Bazemore to the Kings

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Finally. This shows that Divac & Walton see what has been happening at the SG position. He's known to be someone who can play D and hit open shots. My impression of him is a tough guy who is willing to do the dirty work. Not someone to get his own shot at the SG, but that isn't the priority for this team. If he lives up to his billing, he'll fit very nicely with the other parts on this team.

This is a good trade well done Vlade.

Got the corpses of Ariza out of here while gaining 2 2nd round picks which can be atleast an asset at draft night and we get Bazemore who is younger better than Ariza
The Kings probably aren’t going to keep Bazemore after this season, but I still like the trade overall.

This certainly isn’t a blockbuster trade, but this is a good interim move for the Kings that hopefully positions them well for the short and longer term future. Bazemore is a nice addition and clearly an upgrade over Ariza even if Kent isn’t likely to stick around next season. I personally hate to see Wenyen go, but he wasn’t being utilized very much so I understand the rationale involved. The 2nd-round picks in future years have value as assets.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
What's good is that James wasn't dealt. I don't see the downside with this at all. Gabriel just never did anything with the big club like James has. Swan didn't either. Now the choice isn't just Hield and his issues or Bogs and his injuries. This gives Walton more options, and it also sends a message about defense.

What's good is that James wasn't dealt. I don't see the downside with this at all. Gabriel just never did anything with the big club like James has. Swan didn't either. Now the choice isn't just Hield and his issues or Bogs and his injuries. This gives Walton more options, and it also sends a message about defense.
Yes that it wont be tolerated lol.

I’m very pleased that the Kings are hanging on to J.J.