Marquese Chriss?

Marquese Chriss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Chriss had performed admirably as a backup big man for the injury-riddled Warriors, but Golden State needed to clear a roster spot to convert Damion Lee to a full-time player, and Marquese possessed the only non-guaranteed deal on the books."
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2020/1/7/21055374/sacramento-kings-marquese-chriss-trade-rumors

Waive Swannigan, sign Chriss , if Dedmon is on the way out, giles may get a contract from another team,
I can see Bagley, Belly, Holmes and Chriss

If it costs the same or less than Caleb, I am all for it, he only got 1 yr 1.7M at GSW
2m per year for this yr and next year and only 500k Guaranteed for yr 3
Good point. If Giles gets swooped up by another team this off season, it wouldn't hurt to have another athletic big man to groom as a bench big for next year. I think Caleb will be waived after the trade deadline.

Luka calling Adam Silver:

Luka: “He pushed me!”
Silver: “Say no more, I got you fam”

—Warriors waive Chriss

grade A scumbag that waits for smaller players to have there backs turned then he strikes

and he’s a garbage player this thread should be locked would rather bring back Giannis Papagoaniss however you spell it

grade A scumbag that waits for smaller players to have there backs turned then he strikes

and he’s a garbage player this thread should be locked would rather bring back Giannis Papagoaniss however you spell it
I mean I was only joking initially. I didn’t like Chriss much from day one as a player so I’m not surprised he’s out of the league or on his way out.

Clearly wasn't you, but there were numerous people mocking the PapaG pick claiming that they should have taken Chriss. I even remember a few more posts during his Chriss' 1st and 2nd NBA seasons.

Basically anyone but PapaG would have been a worthwhile selection, was the crux of the arguments. Turns out that there were only a handful of decent players and the KINGS were far from the only franchise that didn't identify or take them.

PapaG was a poor pick. But unless they took Sabonis or Siakam -- who nearly every team passed on -- pretty much every other option they could have gone with instead would have been marginal at best.

I think Vlade and staff identified the poor draft and decided to take a gamble. That's probably why they traded down in the 1st place. And landed Bogie.

Don't get me wrong, Vlade has made numerous mistakes (one really awful one for sure) but that draft was just bad all around. There weren't many winning opportunities.
Lavert and Murray were also in that draft weren’t they?

Not remotely interested but if he'd sign a G-league deal to play for his hometown team I wouldn't be upset if he ultimately took Caleb's wasted spot.