[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a player, Chris Webber will always be one of my favorites. As a broadcaster, not so much. I've tried for years to tell myself he's getting better. I've decided I've been lying. His monotone voice and lack of any real color commentary makes my ears bleed.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
As a player, Chris Webber will always be one of my favorites. As a broadcaster, not so much. I've tried for years to tell myself he's getting better. I've decided I've been lying. His monotone voice and lack of any real color commentary makes my ears bleed.
And he says some downright stupid stuff that makes no sense at all. Unfortunately nothing comes to mind right now, but it’s almost like every time I watch him I’m questioning my TV over what he’s saying.

I'm so disappointed Zion hasn't seen the court yet. I've got a feeling he won't play this year.

Also, he sucks in NBA 2K20. He's got a rating of 83 but he literally can't do anything other than cut to the basket and dunk. Can't shoot, can't defend, can't rebound, can't handle.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm so disappointed Zion hasn't seen the court yet. I've got a feeling he won't play this year.

Also, he sucks in NBA 2K20. He's got a rating of 83 but he literally can't do anything other than cut to the basket and dunk. Can't shoot, can't defend, can't rebound, can't handle.
I'm still trying very hard not to make Greg Oden comparisons.

So, four of the top five picks from last year have had a foot/ankle injury within the past week?

Maybe this is "Final Destination" scenario, where Fate comes for them one-by-one. Watch out, Jaren Jackson!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So, four of the top five picks from last year have had a foot/ankle injury within the past week?

Maybe this is "Final Destination" scenario, where Fate comes for them one-by-one. Watch out, Jaren Jackson!
Didn't JJJ already miss the second half of last season with an injury?

Didn't JJJ already miss the second half of last season with an injury?
Yes, but right now: Bagley hurt his foot last night, Young hurt his ankle tonight, Luka just came back from an ankle injury, and Ayton is still out with an ankle injury that he suffered in his first game back from the PED suspension.

That ESPN article at the beginning of the season was prophetic. All these young guys are breaking down prematurely with overuse injuries.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
LeBron James passed nine thousand assists tonight, in the first half against the Mavericks. Barring a career-ending injury, James is going to become the first player in NBA history with 30,000+ points and 10,000+ assists. There isn't even a player in NBA history with 20,000 points and 10,000 assists.

James is currently ninth all-time in assists. He's the only player in the Top 30 who isn't a point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.