[Game] Kings v. Nuggets - Saturday, Nov. 30 - 2 PT, 5 ET

My son and I were shaking our heads in the first half wondering how we weren't down by 25+ and should we have gone to a different game instead. But man, that was a fun ending. The arena was ROCKING!
I think that was the most fun I have ever had at a game, I am going on 6 months sober and was there with my boys, and it just reiterated that I don’t need that stuff to love my Kings...I LOVE THIS TEAM (VF21 2019)

At 1:50 left in OT, our HERO Harrison Barnes misses a fade-away shot, then proceeds to tip a high Denver pass, then leap out of bounds saving the ball, throwing it to teammates...

my 10-year-old and I looked at each other and just mouthed “wow.!” We kind of knew then and there that this game was ours. But in the first half we felt exactly like you and yours WH!

I love Kings history. Rodney McCray and Jim Peterson from Houston for Otis Thorpe. Perhaps McCray and Barnes are a good comparison, I don't know, I just know that was another King move that scarred me for life. Glad you see McCray in a positive light, I never got beyond the trade.
I actually forgot that McCray was on the Kings. I just remember him doing whatever needed to be done back in the day.

origkds

What- Me Worry?
I think that was the most fun I have ever had at a game, I am going on 6 months sober and was there with my boys, and it just reiterated that I don’t need that stuff to love my Kings...I LOVE THIS TEAM (VF21 2019)

At 1:50 left in OT, our HERO Harrison Barnes misses a fade-away shot, then proceeds to tip a high Denver pass, then leap out of bounds saving the ball, throwing it to teammates...

my 10-year-old and I looked at each other and just mouthed “wow.!” We kind of knew then and there that this game was ours. But in the first half we felt exactly like you and yours WH!
Easy does it. One game at a time.

Congrats!

yep Harrison Barnes, sort of the unsung hero, solid blue collar type.
I love that knowing he was never meant to be a number one or even two option on any team. He's looking like the perfect fit for the Kings. He's a good value mid tier SF who keeps quiet, is smart, interviews extremely well, knows what's needed, and loves Sacramento. I am a fan.

Stay sober my friend. Your 10 year old is counting on you and I’m sure I can say this entire board is behind you and praying for you. If you are ever tempted don’t hesitate to post here. Some things are more important than basketball!

I hate that I kinda checked out on this game I was watching the whole game but thought we were going to lose. We missed everything. I didn’t think we were gonna pull it off and it cost me a lot of excitement in the end lol.
I have been guilty of that also on occasion. I was out of town and got home right before the 4th quarter started and I saw one of the best defensive games in that 4th quarter a kings team has played.

This team has made it exciting at this point not because they are flashy but because they are fighting until there is no time on the clock. This defense is making every game winnable and it was a very important game because 2 games back is huge compared with 4 back.

yep Harrison Barnes, sort of the unsung hero, solid blue collar type.
I love that knowing he was never meant to be a number one or even two option on any team. He's looking like the perfect fit for the Kings. He's a good value mid tier SF who keeps quiet, is smart, interviews extremely well, knows what's needed, and loves Sacramento. I am a fan.
Definitely in the running for most solid locker room interviews award.

was just going to say, unpopular take here, but I dig these reds.
I do too. They looked great. Not near as great as the royal blues or our regular colors of purple, black, or white. But they did look cool IMO.

Most importantly, the red’s were actually a primary color of our old color scheme — unlike the awful powder blues. Which should never be brought back just like the fake gold uni’s.

I‘d really like to see them don the old home whites with the red and royal blue trim.

What a win yesterday!

Seriously, it was the type of win they‘ve rarely been able to get and usually would happen in reverse. So in that regard, it was very refreshing to see — even though we’d all prefer to see them play well for an entire game.

Now they’ve secured another win against one the top teams they kept losing to last season. Should have had one against LAL too, but I digress. I’ll be ecstatic if they find a way to take down H-Town and that cheating bearded hag coming up and the freaking Clips.

Circling back to yesterday’s performance, the play of the game in my mind was the defensive stand to end regulation. How often have we seen something like that under the circumstances? Joseph and Holmes played it about as well as could be done. Phenomenal.

Also, shout out to Justin James — who I’ve defended many times since being drafted — for his BBIQ and effort on the final defensive stand of the game. How many times over the years have we seen a KINGS defender get duped and leave a shooter on the backside? JJ didn’t fall for it. Excellent awareness and poise. Loved it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Of note in this game was how Walton used Barnes in the post to score. In the post game press conference, Walton said Fox and Bagley were his guys that can score in the paint and draw fouls, followed by Barnes. In the absence of the injured players, Barnes was playing in the post for much of the second half, even with Holmes in the game. They just pulled Holmes out of the paint and gave it to Barnes down low. That should quiet the concerns about whether Bagley and Holmes can exist on the same court.
He was not talking about playing in the post. He was talking about the ability to draw fouls. He included Barnes with Fox and Bagley as the trio on this team that can get to the foul line.

He was not talking about playing in the post. He was talking about the ability to draw fouls. He included Barnes with Fox and Bagley as the trio on this team that can get to the foul line.
He was talking about getting the ball in the paint and drawing fouls specifically. Walton mentioned wanting to play with balance, both inside and out. The discussion centered around the inside game of Barnes.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He was talking about getting the ball in the paint and drawing fouls specifically. Walton mentioned wanting to play with balance, both inside and out. The discussion centered around the inside game of Barnes.
Yes, and playing in the paint doesn't mean necessarily posting up. Walton likes to talk about "breaking the paint." It could be dribble drive or post up.

Good coaching. Kings coaches likely said stay with your man on the perimeter. JJ out there? Execution. Buddy? Buddy would've helped and left his man widddddeee open. Hoops IQ.
Actually, JJ switched onto Buddy's man on that play. JJ's man set a pick on Buddy so his man could free up for the corner three. JJ realized it and backed into the passing lane so Murray had nowhere to go with the ball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
when i wrote ˝barnes is overpaid˝, i meant it ironically, but no smileys available on this forum.
i should add ˝huh˝
We have a full range of smileys. Or you can just use the semi colon ; followed by the close parentheses ) to create a winky. ; ) = ;)

Look on the post tool bar. There should be a smiley face icon there that becomes an assortment of smileys.