[Game] Kings @ Celtics, Monday, Nov. 25 - 4:30 PT, 7:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really, really need Fox and Bagley back to starting getting to the FT line again. One of the bigger issues on offense for us so far. Also 10/15 from the line tonight isn't great.
True. The problem, not that it's a huge one considering, but the issue is the Kings are relying solely on system for offense right now. That's why we've seen Barnes' impact the last few games because he can create offense outside of play calls. The good news is the Kings offense is running pretty smoothly, the problem is you won't generate foul calls out of a smooth offense. I can't wait to see if they can find a balance when Fox and Bagley get back. It could be spectacular.

Cojo could have passed to Buddy up top. That should have been the first option and if covered call timeout.

Buddy’s out of his slump, hope Bogi is not about to start one up

In a game like this you can only be hopeful about the future. Think about this two of our best players are not on the court and the third had his worse shooting game of the season yet we were ONE point ONE from a 10 and 4 team. When we get everyone back watch out.

They had enough time to get the ball in bounds and look for something in the paint. If you are going to take a long ball, you have to ride or die with Buddy considering the night he was having. Even though I have been critical of Bagley, I really think he could have helped us in a situation like this. Can't wait to see how they look when they get pieces back.

I’ve never understood having short guys make the inbounds pass. You’ve a 6’10” great passer in Bjelica who can also hit the 3 if the ball comes back to him after the inbounds. A short inbounder makes about 70% of the court off limits.
Cojo shouldn’t have been out there. He’s not a threat to score so as soon as he passed Tatum went over to double. I agree with Beli being the inbounder

Freaking Bogi with the hero ball move. Knew he was gonna do it too once he got the ball. Won’t pass it. Buddy came open but he forces up a contested 3 with 2 defenders on him with 4 seconds still on the clock when he let it fly.

That shot needed to go to Buddy. Honestly can’t believe he came open but he did. But Bogi was so intent on shooting it come hell or high water that Buddy never touched it. For a player with high BBIQ, how can you not look for the teammate making everything at that point????

Oh, and the officials looked the other way on Marcus Smart’s last shot which was clearly a travel. Wasn’t even close. It looked blatant in real time and worse in replay. He easily took 3 steps, but I’d argue 4.

I hate the NBA’s unwillingness to consistently call travel violations.

What a wasted effort.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Freaking Bogi with the hero ball move. Knew he was gonna do it too once he got the ball. Won’t pass it. Buddy came open but he forces up a contested 3 with 2 defenders on him with 4 seconds still on the clock when he let it fly.

That shot needed to go to Buddy. Honestly can’t believe he came open but he did. But Bogi was so intent on shooting it come hell or high water that he never touched it.

Oh, and the officials looked the other way on Marcus Smart’s last shot which was clearly a travel. Wasn’t even close. It looked blatant in real time and worse in replay. He easily took 3 steps, but I’d argue 4.

What a wasted effort.
For better or worse, Bogi has that #MambaMentality and like Kobe he’s going to miss as many of those as he makes

That shot needed to go to Buddy. Honestly can’t believe he came open but he did. But Bogi was so intent on shooting it come hell or high water that Buddy never touched it. For a player with high BBIQ, how can you not look for the teammate making everything at that point????

What a wasted effort.

It's a tough loss but not a wasted effort as this post sums up pretty well. More effort and play like this and the Kings are going to start making some waves. Like real ones too.

In a game like this you can only be hopeful about the future. Think about this two of our best players are not on the court and the third had his worse shooting game of the season yet we were ONE point ONE from a 10 and 4 team. When we get everyone back watch out.

For better or worse, Bogi has that #MambaMentality and like Kobe he’s going to miss as many of those as he makes
But he’s not Mamba. And he’s got to have better awareness. If he was the hot player, no problem with what he did.

There was plenty of time on the clock. He needed to be patient and at least look for Buddy before hoisting it. If the two guys were on Buddy denying him the ball, then I get it. But the two guys were on him and Buddy was open. Given the circumstances, the ball needed to go there.

Bogi made a good try... a 3pt shot if it did not miss would give them 2 pt lead even if Boston gets position, only a 3 from the other end will win it.
When it bounced off, there was still enough time for rebound or tip in and Holmes was under the basket and actually we did get a position still with time just the wrong arc from CoJo.

I feel bad for Buddy, that's a 40pts+ game for him that went to a loss wasted.

It's a tough loss but not a wasted effort as this post sums up pretty well. More effort and play like this and the Kings are going to start making some waves. Like real ones too.
Eh, I respectfully disagree. They wasted a hot game from Buddy. As we saw last season every game is important. Can’t afford to blow games they have a chance to win. In this case, Buddy was so hot they should have found a way to win it. But they blew it with some poor execution and decision making.

Now they fall another game below .500 with a tough stretch of games ahead. By starting out 0-5, they have less margin for error now. They needed this win.

Also forgot that the other miss by the officials was a clear kick ball when Buddy was trying to cross over on Tatum with 2:45 remaining. The ball was knocked in to the back court by Tatum’s right foot. Sideline ref staring right at it. No call. Ended up with a forced Bogi shot to beat the shot clock which was an air ball.

I like Giles on the offensive end, but on the defensive end he's gotta keep the fouls down.
I thought Giles did a fine job. Offense stalled late in the 3rd and we got some good movement with him in. He made some good baskets and passes.

Bogey just missed way too many shots in the 4th. He put up 20 shots when Buddy was having a record night. That’s way too many when he was that off. We’ll give him free pass for how good he’s been the last 10 games.

All in all, you’ve got to like what you see from the team. If this was last year’s team, after giving up a 25-7 run to close the first half, we probably would have gotten blown out in the 3rd, especially on the road and on a back-to-back. There is a toughness and cohesion there that is a big jump from last year

Bogi need to trust his teammate instead of playing hero ball. Five seconds is plenty of time. Should try to pass to Buddy. Also, you don't need a 3 to win. This team has players that aren't smart when under pressure. It is what make great players.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Like Walton said, they lost the game in the 2nd quarter when they were enamored with dribbling the ball and just didn't move without the ball. Maybe the fact that it was a back-to-back contributed to the lack of movement.

I'd like to see a graph on Buddy where the x axis is number of dribbles taken after he gets possession and the y axis is his shooting percentage. It would probably be exponential with a very high percentage at zero dribbles and dropping off of a cliff at four or more dribbles. In this game he had a lot of catch and shoot opportunities, and with the exception of a couple of times didn't do stupid stuff and try to be Kobe Bryant with the ball.

Bogi need to trust his teammate instead of playing hero ball. Five seconds is plenty of time. Should try to pass to Buddy. Also, you don't need a 3 to win. This team has players that aren't smart when under pressure. It is what make great players.
Totally agree. Worst part is Buddy was clearly in Bogi’s view as he came off the screen to get the ball then made his move.

The Kings have greatly improved their defense. They can learn some more about it by watching the Celtics play defense in this game on tape. Brad Stephens is a great defensive coach. Marcus Smart is the kind of player that a lot of people don't like........until he is on your team.

Anyone still ready to trade Buddy?

The Kings have greatly improved their defense. They can learn some more about it by watching the Celtics play defense in this game on tape. Brad Stephens is a great defensive coach. Marcus Smart is the kind of player that a lot of people don't like........until he is on your team.

Anyone still ready to trade Buddy?
He's a dumb player that you can't afford to have out there in crunch time though. Also there are bench players that can do what he does at half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.