[Game] Kings @ Nets, Friday Nov. 22, 4:30 PM PT/7:30 PM ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings 4/23 from beyond the arc. Sure a shame we couldn't have given a big contract to some guy known for shooting 3s.

One positive, other than Giles, was James. Really like what I am seeing. He’s got a long wingspan which is evident on defense. His body control also looks good. Plays within himself and the game
I like him a lot. Still agree with most Kings fans though that we should have traded down for Bol Bol and picked up an extra 3rd rounder in 2024 or 2025. What was Vlade thinking? Not enough value out of a late 2nd round pick.

The difference in 3s made is the game. We don't have enough shooters with Bogdan/Ariza out. Both Dedmon and HB supposed to help space the floor but clearly not doing it.

Wow. Classy.

So nothing about Cojo leaving Harris open for 3 3s, allowing multiple drives by Dinwiddie, the rest of the team basically not hitting a lick eh?

Harrison Barnes dribbled it off his foot - must have special needs too I guess.

Scapegoat of the year prediction going pretty well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Unless Giles is actually broken, I see zero reason other than contract why Dedmon should play more than him.

I’ll admit I haven’t watched as much as I should this year, and I’m just a bit biased towards Giles, but Dedmon seems just awful.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. Classy.

So nothing about Cojo leaving Harris open for 3 3s, allowing multiple drives by Dinwiddie, the rest of the team basically not hitting a lick eh?

So Buddy doesn't deserve the criticism?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unless Giles is actually broken, I see zero reason other than contract why Dedmon should play more than him.

I’ll admit I haven’t watched as much as I should this year, and I’m just a bit biased towards Giles, but Dedmon seems just awful.
I truly believe Walton will come to the same conclusion - if he hasn't already. Tonight was just a cluster*** right from the beginning.

Wow. Classy.

And rightfully so. WCS was the scapegoat last for very valid reasons. Buddy was given a major contract and plays like a decent bench player. If the only positive thing he’ll do is shoot 3s and offset that with 5 bonehead plays a game, there’s a perfect player on the Nets who does that without the TO’s for half the price

I'm strangely not at all bothered by this loss.
I'm not either. It would have been a completely different ball game if bogie played and we were actually hitting our threes. It seems like the defensive intensity wasn't there this game, so that has to step up. We simply just don't match up well against certain teams as well.

In a word: defense. Dedmon is much more capable at this point (when not attempting to run the offense lol). Giles is still in a phase where he can't physically keep bigs sealed and it's probably the main reason he's so foul prone.

And rightfully so. WCS was the scapegoat last for very valid reasons. Buddy was given a major contract and plays like a decent bench player. If the only positive thing he’ll do is shoot 3s and offset that with 5 bonehead plays a game, there’s a perfect player on the Nets who does that without the TO’s for half the price
I don't disagree with the bonehead plays and I eagerly await him stopping that - but you do realise he is still our leading scorer? "Decent bench player" - give me a break.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Criticism - sure. All the blame and comments saying he has special needs? You tell me.
I think you're over-reacting to one little comment made in the heat of the moment out of frustration. It's nothing I would have said, but the ONE comment you're referring to was just that...one comment.

As far as blame goes, I think he's in the cross hairs because of the huge contract he just signed. It's only human nature to want to see a return on your investment - and thus far we aren't seeing that.