The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm not gonna get over it until we land a player on the same level, which will probably be never.

I'm with you on Vlade getting thrown out on his *** over this though. He passed on LeBron for Mikki Moore.

Not that I want to pee on the parade of us beating the mighty Knicks or anything.
We won’t ever get this chance again. It’s back to the sweet sweet #6 spot in the lottery and drafting Ben McLemore’s and Thomas Robinson’s again. Goodie.

And you’re right. I won’t get over it either. But at least I’ll be vindicated.

Vlade’s an idiot.

We won’t ever get this chance again. It’s back to the sweet sweet #6 spot in the lottery and drafting Ben McLemore’s and Thomas Robinson’s again. Goodie.

And you’re right. I won’t get over it either. But at least I’ll be vindicated.

Vlade’s an idiot.
Hey now, they COULD jump up in the lottery again to select the Bowie, Darko, Hasheem Thabeet, or Oden.

Over and over and over again.

The other thing about Luka from watching him is that his stats aren't empty like a lot of Westbrook's tend to be. Luka's assists are either lobs or crafty passes setting up a teammate to score. He makes a big impact.

Side note: Wendell Carter of the Bulls is now averaging something like 16/10. Ugh.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Vlade passed on a guy that has 11 Triple Doubles at the age of 20.

Vlade passed on a guy that already has 11 Triple Doubles in less than 100 games played.

The fact that Phoenix is just as stupid as Vlade is not much of a consolation.
It’s not consolation. There’s no consolation. He doomed the Sacramento Kings franchise to mediocrity. We always scream and whine about superstars not coming to Sacramento.

Well, Vlade had the chance. And he took frakin’ Bagley.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The other thing about Luka from watching him is that his stats aren't empty like a lot of Westbrook's tend to be. Luka's assists are either lobs or crafty passes setting up a teammate to score. He makes a big impact.

Side note: Wendell Carter of the Bulls is now averaging something like 16/10. Ugh.
But in 7 years, Bagley might be Chris Bosh.

It’s not consolation. There’s no consolation. He doomed the Sacramento Kings franchise to mediocrity. We always scream and whine about superstars not coming to Sacramento.

Well, Vlade had the chance. And he took frakin’ Bagley.
Doncic will probably win a championship for the Mavericks or whatever team he's on in case he demands out.

The Kings will probably peak with this current group with a couple 49 win seasons, a second round appearance or two, and we'll pretend that it's a success.

Well only my boy Mo Bamba has a foot in the playoffs of the top 10 picks last year. So Luka better pick than Bagley is more like buttering up personal egos at this point.

The raise to the promised land of playoffs and championship is still wide open for the the top picks of Bagley-Doncic class.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well only my boy Mo Bamba has a foot in the playoffs of the top 10 picks last year. So Luka better pick than Bagley is more like buttering up personal egos at this point.

The raise to the promised land of playoffs and championship is still wide open for the the top picks of Bagley-Doncic class.
Mo Bamba is to the Magics roster what Darko was to the Joe Dumars-constructed Pistons roster.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It’s a shame DAL botched that trade with ATL and lost out on a true generational talent
Now, see, now you're just making shirt up, to be mad at, and/or take shots at. Nobody was trying to argue that Dallas might have botched that trade; that never happened. The closest thing to that which might have happened was people saying that Trae Young might be a good enough player that maybe Atlanta won the trade, depending on who they got with Dallas' 2019 lottery pick. But nobody was saying that Dallas "botched" the trade, or didn't come away with the best player, that's a goddamned lie. The only question that was being asked at the time was, if Atlanta gets two All-Star/All-NBA level players in exchange for Doncic, would that mean they won the trade?

At the moment, in hindsight, it looks like Atlanta lost the trade because, even if Trae Young is an MVP candidate, Cam Reddish appears to be trash.

Now, see, now you're just making shirt up, to be mad at, and/or take shots at. Nobody was trying to argue that Dallas might have botched that trade; that never happened. The closest thing to that which might have happened was people saying that Trae Young might be a good enough player that maybe Atlanta won the trade, depending on who they got with Dallas' 2019 lottery pick. But nobody was saying that Dallas "botched" the trade, or didn't come away with the best player, that's a goddamned lie. The only question that was being asked at the time was, if Atlanta gets two All-Star/All-NBA level players in exchange for Doncic, would that mean they won the trade?

At the moment, in hindsight, it looks like Atlanta lost the trade because, even if Trae Young is an MVP candidate, Cam Reddish appears to be trash.
making crap up? Last I checked it’s called my opinion that DAL botched the trade and got the lesser player and I stand by it. No different than all tbe Luka fan boys constantly bombarding each non Luka thread with their opinions, especially as it relates to Bagley . Calm down lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Luka is a lesser player than Trae Young? Lmao that’s a stretch, putting it nicely.

((Not even a shot at Trae here. He’s so much better than I expected him to be.))

Last edited:
Why do you think Trae Young is better than Luka? I really like Trae Young he's a tremendous player and has "it factor" but he doesn't do quite as much for a team as Luka.
I wouldn’t say he doesn’t do as much for a team as Luka at all. There may be a disparity in rebounds, as there should, but Youmg compensates for that in other categories. His shooting %’s of 50-50 for a high usage PG (or any player for that matter) who averages 26ppg and still facilitates the offense at a very high level is unprecedented (just needs to hit that 90 to reset the 50-40-90 benchmark to 50-50-90. Steph Curry didn’t come close to that. Now that is generational . Not to take away from Luka, he’s a fine player.

Status
Not open for further replies.