1st Look at On/Off

Obviously this is all low sample size considering we've played only 7 games, but wanted to share the stats. I don't think anything is really surprising knowing what we have seen thus far (must have played at least 100 min):

Offensive On/Off
Hield = +24.4
Fox = +16.7
Bjelica = +16.6
Holmes = +15.6
Barnes = +11.6
Ariza = -12.6
Joseph = -15.0
Dedmon = -16.2
Bogdanovic = -20.6

Defensive On/Off
Ariza = -12.7
Holmes = -9.3
Joseph = -0.8
Dedmon = +1.5
Bogdanovic = +5.3
Bjelica = +5.9
Fox = +9.9
Barnes = +11.8
Hield = +19.0

Total On/Off
Holmes = +24.9
Bjelica = +10.6
Fox = +6.9
Hield = +5.4
Ariza = +0.1
Barnes = -0.2
Joseph = -14.3
Dedmon = -17.7
Bogdanovic = -25.9

this needs to be done for at least set of three as opposed one. for example, if you take Buddy and insted of the starters have him play with the unit Bogdan is playing with those numbers would be different.

basically this says our bench is bad as a unit

Entity

Hall of Famer
this needs to be done for at least set of three as opposed one. for example, if you take Buddy and insted of the starters have him play with the unit Bogdan is playing with those numbers would be different.

basically this says our bench is bad as a unit
well Belli and Holmes were supposed to be doing that off the bench with Bogdan. Instead they are starting.

Thanks for posting. Not much surprising there. Fox and Barnes' defense is a bit worse than I expected so far. Barnes has always basically been a +/- 0 type player so it's not surprising that he's right around there. As I expected, Ariza isn't nearly as bad as people have been saying. Our best defender and doesn't take a ton of shots so his poor shooting isn't hurting too much. Bogie has been crazy bad. The 2nd unit really needs a play maker bad. They need to take the ball out of his hands for once and for all and let him distribute as much as they let Buddy distribute because it's not working and never really has all that well. It's exacerbated this year with him taking on even more of a lead ball handling role when Fox is out.

Thanks for posting. Not much surprising there. Fox and Barnes' defense is a bit worse than I expected so far. Barnes has always basically been a +/- 0 type player so it's not surprising that he's right around there. As I expected, Ariza isn't nearly as bad as people have been saying. Our best defender and doesn't take a ton of shots so his poor shooting isn't hurting too much. Bogie has been crazy bad. The 2nd unit really needs a play maker bad. They need to take the ball out of his hands for once and for all and let him distribute as much as they let Buddy distribute because it's not working and never really has all that well. It's exacerbated this year with him taking on even more of a lead ball handling role when Fox is out.
The second unit needs more than a playmaker. We can try playing Fox with them to see if anything improves but I doubt the numbers would move much. So it wold be Fox, CoJo, Ariza, Barnes, Dedmon I guess to minimize the impact...

Apparently, the second unit early in the year was beating the first unit in practice scrimmages. I even foolishly said to someone, the difference this year for the Kings is their second unit will be able to keep or extend leads--they have a deep bench.

There's still hope right? None of these guys have ever played with each other before. I wouldn't mind seeing Yogi get a little time as part of the second unit.

Apparently, the second unit early in the year was beating the first unit in practice scrimmages. I even foolishly said to someone, the difference this year for the Kings is their second unit will be able to keep or extend leads--they have a deep bench.

There's still hope right? None of these guys have ever played with each other before. I wouldn't mind seeing Yogi get a little time as part of the second unit.
yeah but the second unit during that time had Bjelica and Holmes. They are no longer in the second unit. If hte second unit was CoJo, Bogdan, Ariza, Bjelica, Holmes it would do better.

Obviously this is all low sample size considering we've played only 7 games, but wanted to share the stats. I don't think anything is really surprising knowing what we have seen thus far (must have played at least 100 min):

Offensive On/Off
Hield = +24.4
Fox = +16.7
Bjelica = +16.6
Holmes = +15.6
Barnes = +11.6
Ariza = -12.6
Joseph = -15.0
Dedmon = -16.2
Bogdanovic = -20.6

Defensive On/Off
Ariza = -12.7
Holmes = -9.3
Joseph = -0.8
Dedmon = +1.5
Bogdanovic = +5.3
Bjelica = +5.9
Fox = +9.9
Barnes = +11.8
Hield = +19.0

Total On/Off
Holmes = +24.9
Bjelica = +10.6
Fox = +6.9
Hield = +5.4
Ariza = +0.1
Barnes = -0.2
Joseph = -14.3
Dedmon = -17.7
Bogdanovic = -25.9
Sample size

1572924193292.png

Joseph was a + player last year. I hope he gets better. It doesn't look like he fits in at all so far.

Bogdon is our worst player statistically. It is hard to ask for a raise when you aren't productive.

Shocking that Holmes is our best player so far .