The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You win with talent, and the Kings took the less talented player that “fit” their team.
He's not really a good fit anyway. He only fits with Fox in transition because they're both speedy athletes than can get out on the break. In the half-court, he couldn't be farther from a good fit with Fox or Buddy because, y'know, face-up, post-up, and iso PF.

Luka actually fits better with Fox than Bagley does.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He's not really a good fit anyway. He only fits with Fox in transition because they're both speedy athletes than can get out on the break. In the half-court, he couldn't be farther from a good fit with Fox or Buddy because, y'know, face-up, post-up, and iso PF.

Luka actually fits better with Fox than Bagley does.
But he’s slow and would take the ball away, so la la la la la I’m not listening to reason la la la la la.

It's 4 games into season 2 so lots can change in time but I think what is frustrating me right now is Dallas gave away the farm for this pick and then traded more farm for damaged goods and I shook my head but so far it's working. Of course KP can go down at any time and it all falls apart but right now that's got me saltier than anything, the feeling we got leapfrogged by a team making questionable decisions.

That and Bagley having logged lots of injury time, something I wasn't expecting from the best pure athlete pick blah blah. If he actually misses 6 weeks to an injury on his off hand please help me.
Point blank, if Dallas rebuilds quicker than the Kings who've been at it for many, many years, heads should roll.

It's not just about Luka. Luka is simply a prime example of what an incompetent team does when a talent like him falls in its lap.

They pass.

Then fire the best coach they've had in a decade.

As great as Luka/Zing zing have been i got to give props to Kleiber who has been an absoutle monster on defense and just a GREAT role player what a good signing/pick up that was. I beleive @206Fan was all over him in the off-season and boy was he right Maxi would be a god send on this Kings squad.

At the end of last year majority of us were persuaded that Bagley would develop into a Max player. Yes Doncic was more advanced, but we could squint a little and see Bagley passing him one day in the superstar rankings.

As disappointing as the start of this year has been, that still holds true. Although the Gap between Luka and Bagley is growing, to be fair we haven't gotten a true tast for Bagleys year to year development yet.

Money would be still be overwhelmingly bet that Luka will maintain the lead in player ranking, AT LEAST, from a historical kings fan viewpoint, we didn't end up with another Thomas Robinson
I was for a couple games of that opinion until I realized Bagley has no idea how to actually play proper winning basketball and his IQ will limit him more than Luka's lack of explosion. I have never seen tunnel vision to the degree Bagley plays with.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Point blank, if Dallas rebuilds quicker than the Kings who've been at it for many, many years, heads should roll.

It's not just about Luka. Luka is simply a prime example of what an incompetent team does when a talent like him falls in its lap.

They pass.

Then fire the best coach they've had in a decade.
not just Dallas. What happens if Phoenix completes their rebuild before the Kings and break their consecutive Playoff appearance streak....oh boy it's going to be Armageddon up in this piece.

Looking at our roster makes me cringe, it's going to be a mammoth task to keep building around Fox, when your franchise player is not fully engaged and inconsistent. FO is not helping either, chooses the safest routes for trades and draftpicks.
OTOH, Dallas FO's been rolling the dice, Doncic then Zinger. Dallas is all of sudden an attractive place, who else is on their radar, who knows.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Looking at our roster makes me cringe, it's going to be a mammoth task to keep building around Fox, when your franchise player is not fully engaged and inconsistent. FO is not helping either, chooses the safest routes for trades and draftpicks.
OTOH, Dallas FO's been rolling the dice, Doncic then Zinger. Dallas is all of sudden an attractive place, who else is on their radar, who knows.
Except they don't have all that much cap space anymore and absolutely no draft picks or prospects of any value to bring in other players with.

They're banking on Luka getting better which makes sense but the Porzingis deal was more like buying a Ferrari from a drug dealer at market value and hoping that the cops don't pull you over and realize that there's a couple hundred pounds of cocaine in the trunk.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
man, Luka had another great night but that defense is a problem.
Albeit no one can guard LeBron when he’s engaged but Bron wasn’t particularly even that.

man, Luka had another great night but that defense is a problem.
Albeit no one can guard LeBron when he’s engaged but Bron wasn’t particularly even that.
than let’s talk about Lebron defense or whoever the hell was guarding Luka 31-13-15. He went toe to toe with the self proclaimed king

Will this championship be coming after his playing career or are we ignoring the fact Donnie Nelson is a bad GM?
dude has a franchise player and an elite second option in Porzingis no matter what he did before that he’s good now. Even though he should’ve throw money at Brogeden, he already did the hard part

Unfortunately I recorded this game and just finished watching it, and now I'm depressed. This isn't a knock on Bagley...Bagley is a good player. But it's a knock on Vlade. Doncic is a superstar, and the Kings passed on him. It's just that simple.

You can argue fit all you want, but Doncic is special. I finally got to watch him and he's a franchise altering talent. Vlade and the Kings screwed up big, and I mean BIG. This is going to haunt us.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watching the Lakers Mavs game and I’m even more pissed man. Like the kid was made for this era of basketball literally a master in the pick and roll how the **** did people think he’d fail. What were we thinking you need multiple player makers to win it’s been that way for a decade now
We’ve gone over this.

-He’s fat

-His not-plus athleticism doesn’t translate to the modern NBA

-Limited superstar potential because of said athleticism

-His lack of defense

-Because he’s already played against pros, he’s already reached his ceiling or something.

Did I cover it all?

But he’s slow and would take the ball away, so la la la la la I’m not listening to reason la la la la la.
Out of all the reasons listed for not drafting Luka, this was the dumbest one. Who cares about possibly taking the ball out of the lesser talented guys hands? If Fox truly couldn’t fit with Luka... You trade him. If Fox truly is as good as everybody thinks he is it would work. It’s not optimal to only have one playmaker anyway.

Then you had Vlade out here saying Bagley can play small forward... He’s drafting and has the mindset of a 1990’s nba.

Watching the Lakers Mavs game and I’m even more pissed man. Like the kid was made for this era of basketball literally a master in the pick and roll how the **** did people think he’d fail. What were we thinking you need multiple player makers to win it’s been that way for a decade now
I did the best i could to delude myself after hearing on draft night Bagleys name called.

At some point evidence matters

Status
Not open for further replies.