Defensive Rebounding

The Kings are the worst defensive rebounding pro team I have ever seen.
Block somebody out. Put your body on them. Stop playing patty cake.
If this does not improve greatly, the KIngs are going to beat no one.

It's a problem.
On paper, we've got 4 guys who average at least 10 boards per 36 min (Dedmon, Holmes, Bags and Giles).
Obviously it hurts to have two of those guys not playing and a 3rd (Dedmon) playing like Ded Mon Walking..
Barnes has never been a strong rebounder.
If I'm scouting the Kings, this is one of their weaknesses for sure.

The Kings are the worst defensive rebounding pro team I have ever seen.
Block somebody out. Put your body on them. Stop playing patty cake.
If this does not improve greatly, the KIngs are going to beat no one.
Well, some teams of old pre-Webber were terrible with rebounding on many different seasons. I do think rebounding was very close to the difference in the game yesterday.

Lack of rebounding was why the Kings lost to Denver. Second chance points specifically , defensive rebounding. We suck at it.
A lot of it wasn't even Holmes' fault either. He was leaving his man to defend the rim and doing an incredible job of it. The problem was the other guys on the court weren't rotating over to put a body on guys like Plumlee who wound up with a bunch of offensive rebounds. It's a team effort thing and our guys have low bball IQs for the most part. It's why the read and react offense isn't a good idea for this squad. They don't have good natural instincts like Doug's era Kings did.

A lot of it wasn't even Holmes' fault either. He was leaving his man to defend the rim and doing an incredible job of it. The problem was the other guys on the court weren't rotating over to put a body on guys like Plumlee who wound up with a bunch of offensive rebounds. It's a team effort thing and our guys have low bball IQs for the most part. It's why the read and react offense isn't a good idea for this squad. They don't have good natural instincts like Doug's era Kings did.
Been a problem with Holmes on the court all season. He hedges perfectly to the driver, putting up a great shot contest, but no one rotates over and helps box out for the rebound.

If I was going to point fingers at anyone for losing to Denver, I would point at Holmes last. He played a great game. He is a fierce rebounder. You cannot blame bad team rebounding on the guy that leads the way.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Our best rebounder has played 1 game. I hold judgement until he comes back. In fact the 1 game Bagley played in he had 10 rebounds and the rebounding was even in a game we lost by 29.

Been a problem with Holmes on the court all season. He hedges perfectly to the driver, putting up a great shot contest, but no one rotates over and helps box out for the rebound.
Quoting this because it happened all ****ing game long again. In the third quarter alone, Holmes at 5 or 6 really great defensive plays where he shut down penetration, got a great shot contest, but no one rotates over to help clean up the board.

Quoting this because it happened all ****ing game long again. In the third quarter alone, Holmes at 5 or 6 really great defensive plays where he shut down penetration, got a great shot contest, but no one rotates over to help clean up the board.
When your players aren't very smart, it requires a real NBA level coach to call a timeout and rip their asses for it to make sure it's in their heads the next go round. Eventually it becomes second nature and they don't even have to think about it anymore. But that would require a good coach, which we don't have.

Plus WCS almost never went for blocks so these guys aren't used to having to do that anyway.

When your players aren't very smart, it requires a real NBA level coach to call a timeout and rip their asses for it to make sure it's in their heads the next go round. Eventually it becomes second nature and they don't even have to think about it anymore. But that would require a good coach, which we don't have.

Plus WCS almost never went for blocks so these guys aren't used to having to do that anyway.
Yeah but something about the players didn't like Joerger so he wasn't a good coach and they like Luke, so that matters or something.