Bagley out 4-6 weeks

I have NEVER witnessed a fan base turn on a player for no reason at all. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm really ashamed to be a Kings fan right now reading this.
He's not good, and we blew the best opportunity the team has ever had to pick a superstar by selecting him. There is justification in being upset, especially with his dads entitlement and meddlesome rants.

I have NEVER witnessed a fan base turn on a player for no reason at all. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm really ashamed to be a Kings fan right now reading this.
Seriously, like what does Bagley injuries have to do with doncic? He play one game and got injured. It’s embarrassing some of the so call fans here

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, you know those "Wish we would have..." Doncic guys are gonna come out of the woodwork soon as they see blood.
But in this case they're making the argument based solely on the fact Bagley... got injured?

Bagley missed 20 games last season (most of them coming after he hurt his knee getting blindsided by a dirty moving screen in the Bucks game) and Luka missed 10 games so it's not like either of them is Greg Oden or Karl Malone.

Injuries are always bad news, and this of course hurts the team long term and short term for development and chemistry.
But in the short term, I don't think this will hurt the team in the win/loss column. The team will weather this fine.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I am a Trae Young guy.. But yah.. Nah I like Fox, he grew on me so I wouldn't have traded him for Trae and another pick. But both Trae and Doncic are doing REALLY well.
The thing is Bagley also was doing really well.

The Team USA guys were RAVING about him. He averaged 21.2/11 per 36 as a rookie despite Dave Joerger seemingly forgetting he existed for stretches of the season. People talk about him like he's the second coming of Derrick Williams but Marvin still has shown as much potential as any other guy in the draft.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
.... besides Luka, who has already proven outerworldly potential.

It’s okay to like Bagley (because I do) and also be dead wrong (because the Kings were)
Has he though? Luka is good enough without people resorting to half-baked hyperbole cliches. "Outerworldly potential" means, what, he starts shooting lasers out of his eyes, can cure diseases with a single glance?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm glad I have you to tell me what i've watched. Some layups and 1 or two successful right hand jump hooks doesn't show a strong off hand. He only shot .507 on layups, so he struggles with anything efficiency wise that isn't a dunk. If he had a stronger off hand he would be a much stronger finisher on layups.
Now you're changing the goal post. Make up your mind. Do you want to argue that the 19 yo did not have a strong off-hand last year or that he did not use his off-hand. I saw every game last year and he did use his off hand, which others (like you) said he did not have.

Now you're changing the goal post. Make up your mind. Do you want to argue that the 19 yo did not have a strong off-hand last year or that he did not use his off-hand. I saw every game last year and he did use his off hand, which others (like you) said he did not have.
There was no goal post movement. I said he had a weak off hand and I demonstrated it with data.

A major contributing factor to his poor layup finishing is the fact that he is so left hand dominate and won’t use his right hand when appropriate.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Has he though? Luka is good enough without people resorting to half-baked hyperbole cliches. "Outerworldly potential" means, what, he starts shooting lasers out of his eyes, can cure diseases with a single glance?
It’s means absurd potential from a basketball perspective, and you’d have to be wearing blinders if you don’t admit he has and has shown such.