2018 Kings after 1 Game

Here's what i thought about this game :

1) You can't win a game with 25 turnovers, it's simply impossible and unnacceptable.
2) Nobody showed effort or some heart except Buddy and Cory Joseph (who look liked a solid futur back up for Fox, i liked his energy and his D!)
3) If we forgot the fact that Fox spent the entire 3rd half on the bench, he was also disappointed in his performance he didn't look like his was there.
4) The interiors got dominated by Ayton (shootout to him btw he's gonna be special imo) Bagley didn't seem ready for that game despite his correct stat line (14/10rebs)
5) I'm already perplex about Walton, I didn't like some of his choices like keeping the starters too much time on the bench (yeah Fox had 4 fouls, but he should had let him back way earlier) and I don't know about you guys, but I want to see a coach mad after 25 turnovers and he looked like he didn't give a **** and i really don't like it.

I woke at 4am to watch this mess (I live in France) but we will be fine and it was only one game, this team will wake up but fast i hope, let's beat the Blazers at home!

1) You can't win a game with 25 turnovers, it's simply impossible and unnacceptable.
2) Nobody showed effort or some heart except Buddy and Cory Joseph (who look liked a solid futur back up for Fox, i liked his energy and his D!)
3) If we forgot the fact that Fox spent the entire 3rd half on the bench, he was also disappointed in his performance he didn't look like his was there.
4) The interiors got dominated by Ayton (shootout to him btw he's gonna be special imo) Bagley didn't seem ready for that game despite his correct stat line (14/10rebs)
5) I'm already perplex about Walton, I didn't like some of his choices like keeping the starters too much time on the bench (yeah Fox had 4 fouls, but he should had let him back way earlier) and I don't know about you guys, but I want to see a coach mad after 25 turnovers and he looked like he didn't give a **** and i really don't like it.

I woke at 4am to watch this mess (I live in France) but we will be fine and it was only one game, this team will wake up but fast i hope, let's beat the Blazers at home!
I took a half day today (I live in Okinawa) to watch this mess. I almost cancelled my league pass after that step-back three by Carter.

Luke Walton's presser after the game was more disappointing than the game itself.

On the bright side, a couple more weeks of these performances, and I'll be able to afford some tickets to a few games this season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Luke Walton's presser after the game was more disappointing than the game itself.

On the bright side, a couple more weeks of these performances, and I'll be able to afford some tickets to a few games this season
I didn’t watch, but I’m going to guess laid back and way too chill instead of our usual snarky and passive aggressive?

I didn’t watch, but I’m going to guess laid back and way too chill instead of our usual snarky and passive aggressive?
Yeah just a lot of generalities, um's, and "this is the same stuff we've been stressing all preseason." ... left me in a state to expect more of the same in the near future. Hopefully it's just the ghost of Paul Westphal haunting them for this game. o_O

It's one game.

That said:

1. Suns' coaches completely out coached the Kings coaches last night.

2. Suns did to the Kings what the Kings did to the Jazz last year. The Jazz played the Kings in preseason last year and absolutely destroyed them. Then in the first week of the season, the Kings win rather easily. The Kings were holding back then and were scouting. The Suns did the same.

3. Examples of Kings getting out coached: Rubio fakes as though he would follow Fox, Barnes notes this, pivots on the perimeter (he does this often), but Rubio breaks off following Fox and is there to pick Barnes on his pivot. Ayton playing the paint and waiting to disrupt a ton of drives/shots--on one, he's just waiting for Bogi to drive into the paint for a floater and blocks him. The Kings trying to do a pick on the perimeter, but the Suns pushing out a number of Kings on that perimeter and there are three Kings players in the same wing area leading to a complete standstill on offense...

4. Joseph sucked. Ariza sucked. Holmes sucked. Bogi sucked.

5. I thought it would take 5 to 10 games for the offense and defense to click. No judgment until then, but the first game was damn ugly.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I think it could be argued that both teams spent the entire 3rd half on the bench... in the locker room. Almost like there isn't a 3rd half or something. :oops:

In all seriousness though, I agree with all of your comments. You pretty much nailed it. It was an embarrassing effort from us but mostly it just seemed like we weren't comfortable running this offense and things sortof snowballed once Fox had to leave early in the 3rd quarter. I do think the players on this team are capable of being a playoff team but this was not a good start. We need to go back to the drawing board and come out there in Game 2 with some plays that involve more than just a single pass.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Christie talking about the "dribble, dribble, dribble" of Bogs. Grant talking about being disappointed in his play relative to the World Games. Bogs has got to trust his teammates and pass the ball.

Also, can Fox get SOME type of love or benefit of the doubt from officials?? No way he should have had 4 damn fouls whilst not getting any calls to go his way

I’m sick of seeing him treated like a rookie