The NBA and China

At least Dems and Pubs are coming together, even if it is on only this one topic, and to tell Lebron that HE needs to be educated, because obviously he knows nothing of the people inside China that are suffering, and the HK protest for freedom.

Politics has a weaseled its way into all sports. Thank the journalists for that. They need to say "no comment" when asked these questions in a professional setting, i.e. in their jersey or in the locker room. These people, including Kerr know nothing about what's going on except what CNN tells them, and CNN isn't even covering the HK stuff because they have been reporting the same story for going on three years.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Tread carefully, folks. Thus far, the mod staff is impressed with how our members have kept this on topic and non-partisan. As long as it stays that way, the thread will stay open.

For those interested in getting into the skin of a repressed population under a communist dictatorship, I'd highly recommend reading The Orphan Master's Son, by Johnson. It's setting is in N. Korea, but I don't see a whole lot of difference between them and communist China of today.
Who knows what the truth is? Better dead than red ring a bell? When the wall came down, was it like what "they" portrayed it as?

During the cold war there was a arms race. We beat them not because of the size of our military but because they essentially went bankrupt before us. We had the better economy. China is not our friend. They have a better economy. History is repeating itself and corporate America is collaborating with the enemy.

And think corporate America is the only guilty party? We love cheaper products ...... and to fulfill our desires.... corporate America does what is good for the stockholders, that is the bottom line. NBA is just another one in line. Viscous circles.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Who knows what the truth is? Better dead than red ring a bell? When the wall came down, was it like what "they" portrayed it as?

During the cold war there was a arms race. We beat them not because of the size of our military but because they essentially went bankrupt before us. We had the better economy. China is not our friend. They have a better economy. History is repeating itself and corporate America is collaborating with the enemy.
FWIW, 15-20 years ago I went with the consensus that believed that when the Chinese introduced more capitalism ("free" enterprise) into their economy it could also yield a freer society overall. That notion was obviously wrong. What may have started out as hopeful idea became a nice excuse for the corporate world to sell out the long term interest of the USA for their short term economic interests. The good thing is that this idea has now been shattered and we know we've been played for suckers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I for one hate cheaper products. Harbor freight comes to mind. They sell nothing but trash from china that breaks after 1 or 2 uses. I will pay more for better made and longer lasting everyday of the week.
There are times when cheaper products are just fine. I shop regularly at Harbor Freight, knowing full well that you get what you pay for. If I buy something I'm only going to use once or twice and then probably never again, I'm not that concerned with longevity. ;)

I am pro harbor freight if you do your homework you can find some great deals. Have you seen the prices for Snap On tools lately its outrages! this can be its own thread lol.

I am pro harbor freight if you do your homework you can find some great deals. Have you seen the prices for Snap On tools lately its outrages! this can be its own thread lol.
I can't deny that I have taken advantage of Harbor Freight tool deals. On the other, I don't want my medication coming from there. It just depends. Other nations have been trying to take a slice of the pie by under cutting them. India comes to mind. China however has many of them by the balls with some of the "economic incentives" that have been made. Economic invasion at the finest.

I can't deny that I have taken advantage of Harbor Freight tool deals. On the other, I don't want my medication coming from there. It just depends. Other nations have been trying to take a slice of the pie by under cutting them. India comes to mind. China however has many of them by the balls with some of the "economic incentives" that have been made. Economic invasion at the finest.
A study into Chinas history will show the higher they rise the harder they fall.

Absolutely.
I told them over the past 3 years, the non stop virtue signaling from this team has become unbearable. Vivek doesn't seem to understand that by him scoring his good boy points he's alienated quite a bit of fans in the process.
Curious what the top 5 examples of this would be that ruffled your feathers so? Is it happening in arena? Local media?