Uh-oh... Official 2019/20 Chicken Little thread

That being said, as long as he doesn't reinjured it again (can't help that dude ran into his legs), there's no reason he can't recover and actualize his potential.

From the photos I've seen and the articles I've read the jet has a nice lounge, a single bed along with traditional seating. Nothing fancy like a spa on it. Still sounds like a cramped and stir crazy experience.
This. It’s nice and all, but not exactly Emirates first class. And they have a really quick turnaround.

This. It’s nice and all, but not exactly Emirates first class. And they have a really quick turnaround.
They don't give precautionary MRIs because of a long flight that hadn't happened.

Even still, the MRI isn't shocking. It's sobering. A reminder that Giles is still essentially rehabbing and load managing his knees going into his 3rd NBA season. His last surgery was in 2015. Safe to say this will be an ongoing issue for him. But the Kings are doing the right thing by not adding any extra, unnecessary minutes to his career.

I don't talk about Harry much or buy into any of the hype because I'm so confident he will get injured again. It's as if I'm not giving myself any hope, that way when his knees blow out again, there won't be any hopes to crush.

I don't like knee injuries, and especially knee injuries on big guys. Would I love for Harry to turn into an absolute beast? You betcha. But I just don't have any confidence given his injury history. And when I see news like this, I assume the worst.

I get that the MRI is precautionary etc... but I still don't want to get my hopes up.

I hate to even say it...but is Harry on the trade block? Precautionary MRI...not traveling...
On his show this morning Carmichael Dave said he got a text showing a screen cap of Giles IG story saying (I paraphrase) he wasnt injured and to wait and see what happens. Dave was unable to verify the veracity of the text as the post might have been taken down.

On his show this morning Carmichael Dave said he got a text showing a screen cap of Giles IG story saying (I paraphrase) he wasnt injured and to wait and see what happens. Dave was unable to verify the veracity of the text as the post might have been taken down.
Can you expand on this. Was he saying it in like, Harry was insinuating something might happen?

Here’s the IG screencap via some dude’s tweet, BTW.

Dude’s usually a beacon of positive energy... definitely not his usual vibe on that.
Carmichael Dave was hesitant to sayanything because he couldn't verify if it was real. It doesn't sound like any of the posts he has made in the past. It was also pointed out that there was no blue check mark next to his name. Makes me think that it was fake.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Carmichael Dave was hesitant to sayanything because he couldn't verify if it was real. It doesn't sound like any of the posts he has made in the past. It was also pointed out that there was no blue check mark next to his name. Makes me think that it was fake.
There’s no check mark on IG story names.

I always have concerns with big players with knee problems. Nothing wrong with swinging for the fences and trying to pick up a gem later in the first round. Maybe my personal concerns harken back to Ralph Sampson and his tenor here back many years ago.

Could be just as simple as he has been working hard for this upcoming season and has a little soreness and the team doctors are just being careful.
Throw in Harry maybe frustrated not only with maybe falling behind with practicing with the team. Also I believe the Kings move to rid us of WCS and immediately replacing him with a good center and backup has to show the Kings are prepared to move forward if need be.

We will know more information by the end of the month as to where he is as the regular season begins and I hope it turns out fine for everyone.

Yep. Internet crawling with stories of the Kings being the "favorites " to land Steven Adams. Not saying the Giles non-injury MRI is related, but it leaves the door open for speculation.

Games are about to start and we'll have on court stuff to complain about soon enough.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yep. Internet crawling with stories of the Kings being the "favorites " to land Steven Adams. Not saying the Giles non-injury MRI is related, but it leaves the door open for speculation.

Games are about to start and we'll have on court stuff to complain about soon enough.
That's just silly talk. We'd have to send out $20.594M to bring Adams back, and we can't send anybody we just signed. Our four biggest contracts are guys we just signed. #5 is Bagley. We would have to send Bogdan, Bjelica, Yogi AND Giles to get up to that level. There's literally no way to do it without either Bogdan (super unlikely), Fox (hahahahahahaha) or Bagley (hahahahahahaha).

The internet is dumb, never forget this.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Honestly though. A lot of cryptic crap on social media from Harry. As fans we assume it’s always about the team. If a trade was involved I would think the other player involved would also be sitting. And no word of that. Harry’s contract isn’t enough to be any kind of significant trade alone. Trading Harry for a player of equal value alone seems silly.

No opinion about a trade. I'm just worried his knees will always be an issue and he will stay behind the curve because he's playing less basketball than than his peers.