Uh-oh... Official 2019/20 Chicken Little thread

Yeah you left out in your red flags list.....
Not playing summer league
Kings beat writers ( cough hype machine) hyping Holmes and down playing Giles

Not looking good at the moment. Lots of good players we missed with that 10th pick if Giles doesn’t pan out.

Uh oh... not good at all.

Hopefully it’s just hyper-caution... but after the “thigh bruise” last season and now this? I’m worried.
I'm thinking this is just HYPER caution, which in in line with everything else they've done with his recovery. And yes, last year he was still in recovery. He hadn't played extended real competitive basketball for about three years. They know they didn't want to play him, so no need to travel. Also, I think this is part of shortening the overall length of the season for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out a few more of the pre season games, or had limited minutes in most of them... and limited minutes continued for the first 5-10 games of the season.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah you left out in your red flags list.....
Not playing summer league
Kings beat writers ( cough hype machine) hyping Holmes and down playing Giles

Not looking good at the moment. Lots of good players we missed with that 10th pick if Giles doesn’t pan out.
Summer league and beat writers can kick rocks. The only thing on the red flag list are knees and injury. Those are the only things that keep him from stardom.

Summer league and beat writers can kick rocks. The only thing on the red flag list are knees and injury. Those are the only things that keep him from stardom.
He was kept out for health reasons. He needed to play...
the beat writers signal issues. Always have under Vlade. Then touting Holmes indicates something is up.

Harry is 21 years old and has been battling injuries for the last 4 or 5 years. Knees don't get better with time, so I can imagine he's always going to be in a minutes management situation.

Unfortunate, but the team has to do what they can to extend his career as long as possible. It makes sense now why the Kings went hard after Dedmon and Holmes in the off season. Insurance.

Turnovers (3.2 per 36) and defense (6.6 PF per 36) probably also need tobe addressed in order for Giles to see the floor.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's only a soreness, hopefully doesn't transcend to something more serious. In the mean time, keep staying in the weight room and strengthening those quads, hamstrings and calves to get better joint support and flexibility.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I like the fact that Holmes is looking good. He's a nice back-up plan for Giles if injuries do occur. This is a big year for Giles, both in his play on the floor and his ability to stay on the floor. We'll just have to wait for the 82 games, and of course playoff games, to see how many games he'll play.

Saw one of the recent Luke Walton interviews, he said they were keeping an eye on Harry, it did catch my attention because I understood he was good to go now

I understand not wanting to risk injury and he has been brought along slowly which was right.

Also believe it was wise to sign two other centers of quality this off season as if we had rested our hopes on Giles knees and KK it may of really held back our teams progress.

Also believe if he misses a large part of this upcoming season his days around here after his rookie contract runs out will be numbered.

People need to relax around here.

If I were the Kings, I wouldn't want Harry Giles sitting on a plane for 18 hours flying to India for a meaningless pre-season game.

Frankly, I would had been surprised if Harry made the 18 hour trip to India, considering how the Kings management is handling his knees very, very cautiously.

There are more important things for Harry to concentrate on back at home and getting his knees and body ready for 82+ game season should be at the top of the list.

I think minimizing the flight time for his knees will help maximize his availability for the upcoming season.

I highly doubt the flight has much to do with this. We are talking about a luxury jet here (google his plane) not the crambox most of us get the pleasure of flying. Having said that, he has remained pretty healthy so far and they have done a wonderful job keeping him on track and getting stronger. I don't see any reason to push him on this one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
As someone with constant knee soreness, I can tell you that sitting in an airplane would exacerbate the problem.
the key in that situation is to get up every hour or so and take 5-10 minutes of stretching those calves and hamstrings to promote blood circulation. A body in motion stays in motion and prolonged sitting would do more harm than good in my opinion.

Yeah I also don't think the hours on Drake's jet has anything to do with Giles not going. The jet probably has a gym and a spa. Anyone who's going to remain glued to their seat on that 20+ hour flight is in a coma.
That said, I am now concerned about Harry. They held him out of games at the end of the season. They didn't include him on the summer league teams. And now he's not going to India for the exhibition games. Clearly they are bringing him along slowly. But this is excessively cautious. Makes me think that he may have an issue that they wish to keep under wraps. I hope that's not the case, but that's what my gut is telling me.

From the photos I've seen and the articles I've read the jet has a nice lounge, a single bed along with traditional seating. Nothing fancy like a spa on it. Still sounds like a cramped and stir crazy experience.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
He had an MRI???

Hmmm.
Well, considering his past problems, I don't think having an MRI is shocking. I would expect it! The Kings have a lot of money invested in Giles so I'm sure they want take every precaution possible. Also, I don't think a little knee soreness is surprising after two and half days of extreme training camp. All you have to do is hyper-extend your knee a little bit with a quick stop, and believe me, It will be sore. If the MRI was negative, then I'm not going to worry about it.

I will say this though, MRI's don't always catch everything. All it takes is a bit of something roaming around in there left over from the operation to make it sore. However, I suspect it would have raised it's ugly head by now. I speak from experience...