Shaq thinks we’ll be better than the Lakers and Clippers.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lakers are a (yearly) AD injury away from being hot doo doo and Father Time is coming for LeBron.

Clippers are winning 60 plus. We ain't winning 60 plus.

It is pretty amusing having Shaq as a hype-man after years of "Queens" trash talk. I hated him as a Laker, but dig him as an owner despite myself!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Side note; I still can’t stand Shaq. Even when he’s shilling the Kings I want him to shut up and go away. Will never like he’s associated with our franchise now.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Side note; I still can’t stand Shaq. Even when he’s shilling the Kings I want him to shut up and go away. Will never like he’s associated with our franchise now.
The Big Aristotle is just one Lakers star that I could never bring myself to hate. He's kind of a goofball, seems like a nice guy. I'd much rather have Shaq be a minority Kings owner than Kobe, that's for sure.

The Big Aristotle is just one Lakers star that I could never bring myself to hate. He's kind of a goofball, seems like a nice guy. I'd much rather have Shaq be a minority Kings owner than Kobe, that's for sure.
Well said. Not to mention he's one of the wealthiest former NBA stars who's done quite well in business. Having your interests lined up with his really only helps.

Yeah, but “It’s better than Kobe” isn’t exactly the highest bar in the world.

My answer would be C; None of the above
Actually, that's a pretty damn high bar. Not trying to be a lakers appologist, but if a 5 time champ is investing in our team, I'm getting the paperwork ready, laker or not...(preferably not)

Last edited:
I didn’t take Shaq’s comment seriously. He’s being a “company man” so to speak. That’s even why he followed up by stating that he’s a partial owner of the KINGS.

I think he said what he said because he’s showing faith in the direction the franchise is going and because it is good for the brand.
No crap...

without injuries, we would have had 40 plus wins, so nothing is impossible.

Also depends on how much load management the clips and lakers end up doing

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
without injuries, we would have had 40 plus wins, so nothing is impossible.

Also depends on how much load management the clips and lakers end up doing
it's the Western Conference, load management will not be as frequent as it would be for a Eastern Conference squad

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lakers are a wildcard, but there’s no way we’ll be better than the Clippers. They’re a title contender, while we’re just hoping for an 8-seed.
I think there'll still be an adjustment period for the Clippers. George and Kawhi both ideally play the same position (although they're both such great defenders and have different skills on offense). One of the things they lost in this offseason though is guard depth (barely). Lou/Beverly are still awesome and then they have Shamet as a good 3-and-D guy but if one of those guys gets hurt, there's no Garrett Temple or Shai to step in this time around. Of course, Kawhi and George are good enough that it probably doesn't really matter in the long run.