Cousins to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do dumb things in the heat of the moment.
Did he mean what ever he said?

I was glad he was traded but it was more of us going nowhere at the time.

Going to the Lakers Meh don’t really care as Vlade was a Laker and finished his last few games with them. Never held it against him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wonder if she intentionally decided to record the conversation once she saw him calling with her decision all ready made up on allowing his kid to attend the wedding.

Boogie, Boogie, Boogie. You blew it big time, my friend. You just don't make threats like that. To the mother of your child? Not ever. No matter what. If you do, redemption is not likely. You are forever stained.
Those of you who want to blame the woman, shame on you. Just shame on you.

Boogie, Boogie, Boogie. You blew it big time, my friend. You just don't make threats like that. To the mother of your child? Not ever. No matter what. If you do, redemption is not likely. You are forever stained.
Those of you who want to blame the woman, shame on you. Just shame on you.
There's plenty to shame her about like attempting to keep his son from attending his wedding! Not absolving Cousins here that was a stupid mistake on his part but yes equally shame on her. Onto DMC its at least possible hes logged his last NBA minute.

There's plenty to shame her about like attempting to keep his son from attending his wedding! Not absolving Cousins here that was a stupid mistake on his part but yes equally shame on her. Onto DMC its at least possible hes logged his last NBA minute.
Anyone who wants to assign blame to the mother of the child for Boogie's threatening to kill her is just wrong. It's not only wrong, it's offensive. It's like blaming the woman who got raped because she wore "suggestive" clothing. The mother of the child may be many things, but she didn't threaten to kill anyone, did she?

Anyone who wants to assign blame to the mother of the child for Boogie's threatening to kill her is just wrong. It's not only wrong, it's offensive. It's like blaming the woman who got raped because she wore "suggestive" clothing. The mother of the child may be many things, but she didn't threaten to kill anyone, did she?
We dont know, they didnt release the entire unedited recording.

I dont live in that hyperbole world your describing but yes shes wrong for her part in this and I stand by that point.

Boogie 100% screwed up and now his kid will likely never have him in his life until the child is old enough to reconcile. But I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty from personal experience that this was her end game.

Arrest warrant officially issued to Cousins. Not that that's like shocking news or anything.
His career is pretty much over. He could probably play overseas but I think the NBA is over for him. That's too bad.

The Lakers will be releasing him soon.

Also feel bad for a certain mod. Left just when things were getting interesting, just to have his flame flameout.

His career is pretty much over. He could probably play overseas but I think the NBA is over for him. That's too bad.

The Lakers will be releasing him soon.

Also feel bad for a certain mod. Left just when things were getting interesting, just to have his flame flameout.
Ahhhhhh he'll be alright, in fact that legendary mod probably isnt all that far away if i had to guess.

Boogie 100% screwed up and now his kid will likely never have him in his life until the child is old enough to reconcile. But I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty from personal experience that this was her end game.
1st part is incredibly sad. A moment of anger, whether provoked or not, can change everything. It’s also sad that in the end, his inability to control his emotions did him in .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD VOICE: We've been having a civil discussion without the moral judgments. If this thread is going to continue, that needs to be the rule. If you want to talk about something being "offensive," you'll have to find somewhere else to do it.

MOD VOICE: We've been having a civil discussion without the moral judgments. If this thread is going to continue, that needs to be the rule. If you want to talk about something being "offensive," you'll have to find somewhere else to do it.
I'm going to make one last comment on this subject (which you'll probably remove). Interesting that you find my position about blaming the mother as a "moral judgement," but not the comments from people who blame the mother for her role in causing Boogie to make that threat. I have two daughters; excuse me if I have a problem with the "blame the woman" instincts. I had to speak out.

I'm going to make one last comment on this subject (which you'll probably remove). Interesting that you find my position about blaming the mother as a "moral judgement," but not the comments from people who blame the mother for her role in causing Boogie to make that threat. I have two daughters; excuse me if I have a problem with the "blame the woman" instincts. I had to speak out.
We are talking about a wedding!! Thise are preplanned. If he had any issues (remember, he is a millionaire) he could have made this phone call with his lawyer on 3 way and this could have been handled much better. His lawyer then could have filed a motion based on her behavior that she was unfit to have that much power of custody in a delicate situation.

No matter how you slice this, DeMarcus was in the wrong. He let his emotions dictate the position he is now in instead of handling it in a grown up, rich man way. I have no sympathy for him. She exposed him. He let it happen. He had other recourse and didnt use his brain.

I LOVED DMC when he was here. Was still a fan on the Dubs. After signing with the Lakers and this crap happening. I'm sorry. Dude made his bed.

I get where you are coming from.

But he is absolutely right. The mother was smart and recorded him because she knew (obviously based on past behavior) that he would react that way. It is very offensive to call out the mother. No matter the situation. She did what she felt was right for her own safety.

Lest we forget DeMarcus threatening a reporter, what he allegedly did to Stauskus, among other behaviors. If she is telling the truth and he did physically assault her in the past, there is no other solution than what she did. Dude has anger management issues and needs help.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If I were going to remove any comments, I would have already done so.

But he is absolutely right. The mother was smart and recorded him because she knew (obviously based on past behavior) that he would react that way. It is very offensive to call out the mother. No matter the situation. She did what she felt was right for her own safety.

Lest we forget DeMarcus threatening a reporter, what he allegedly did to Stauskus, among other behaviors. If she is telling the truth and he did physically assault her in the past, there is no other solution than what she did. Dude has anger management issues and needs help.
So the mother bears no responsibility for goading DMC into saying something incredibly stupid that could cost him the rest of his career? It's offensive to call her out on it? Sorry, but as a female, I find it offensive that another female would use that tactic. Is DMC blameless? Oh hell no, but to act as though his baby momma is the innocent victim is IMHO just as offensive.

But hey, I knew this was going to happen. It always does. What Boogie did was unconscionable but he is not the only one who acted badly.

Bad acts are bad acts, regardless of who did them. This is beyond disgusting to me all the way around. No one is perfect and we all have said things that would not look good if taken out of context and leaked to the media for possibly nefarious reasons. I'm very grateful my ex-spouse never recorded some of our conversations. We live in a different time. Anything anyone says can be recorded and used for any variety of reasons. IMHO to make a judgment about this isn't fair to anyone involved. The real victim in all this is the little boy. But hey, no problem. Daddy's child support will solve everything, right?

I've broken a lot of my own rules here so I'll stop. I'm getting old, I guess. I truly long for the times when we didn't know every single thing about every athlete, every actor, every politician, etc. They're all human with fallacies but that seems too often to get lost in the shuffle.

Defending Cousins at this point is comical and sad. In many ways it has been the demise of this forum, along with the blind support of many of those with the powerful control on the edit button for those wishing to opine.

He has proven to be a bad teammate, a bad nba professional, a whiner and at the very least a less than ideal romantic interest. And yet....and yes still yet he is a victim in the eyes of those who are amok at this point to support him only cause they are used to it. He's the worst thing that ever happened to the Kings along with the signing of a genuine charmer of a man Matt Barnes glad they are gone and sometimes karma can be a real victimizer.

Last edited:
What people are missing is why did the mother prevent her son to visit his dad? Was it because of prettiness or was she concerned of having her son around an abusive father. (Btw I am not saying those allegations are true about him being abusive to her.) There is many factors in this equation. We don’t have all of information so I don’t think it is wise to jump to anymore conclusions

Sorry, already jumped. Seen his antics. His thrown elbows. His dirty screens. His "why me" face even during the national anthem, and his disdain for accountability.

Let's focus on the good eggs on the squad. I promise I won't bring him up again. Yecch.

Status
Not open for further replies.