De’Aaron promoted to Team USA Main Roster.

If Kyle cannot go due to his thumb, Would love to see:

Kemba,Fox,White
Mitchell,Jaylen
Middleton,Tatum
Kuzma, Barnes
Turner,Lopez,Bagley

Barnes can help at 3 or 4
Bagley can help at 4 or 5

Cuts: Lowry,Smart(injury),Tucker,Bam,Young,Plumlee

Am I the only one who isn't excited by this? We need these guys to save their legs for the upcoming season. This is a good experience for Fox and all, but he'll make many more later in his career. Plus, he wouldn't have made it if all of the other guys in front of him didn't drop out. I would rather our players put all of their effort and time this summer focusing on the NBA season. Tired legs were a huge problem for this team last year 1/2 way through the year. If they go out and do this, I don't want fatigue to be used as an excuse next season.

I understand when a superstar who has many seasons under his belt, many PO matches, wants to get rest. But we are talking about 21 year old Fox and 20 year old Bagley, who have together little bit over 200 professional matches. If they need to save legs now, what will be when they have 30.

there is really no downside here, they are playing for their country, being coached by Pop and Kerr, competing with better players than they would do in Kings camp..

I know in USA it is not that popular to play for NT, but this is huge chance for Fox especially to show what he can do, and make nice way to enter next season..

just one more thing. Jokic:
2015/2016 - 10.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.4 APG
2016 Rio Olympics silver with NT
2016/2017 - 16.7 PPG, 9.8 RPG, 4.9 APG

Am I the only one who isn't excited by this? We need these guys to save their legs for the upcoming season. This is a good experience for Fox and all, but he'll make many more later in his career. Plus, he wouldn't have made it if all of the other guys in front of him didn't drop out. I would rather our players put all of their effort and time this summer focusing on the NBA season. Tired legs were a huge problem for this team last year 1/2 way through the year. If they go out and do this, I don't want fatigue to be used as an excuse next season.
They also get to learn new techniques and systems to incorporate into their games. Having a few months coaching from Pop could help their game more than rest.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox and Bagley are getting the chance to get coached by one of the greatest coaches in all of professional sports and arguably the originator of the up-tempo system they'll presumably be playing in for the next decade. Barring a Paul George-esque freak injury, this experience will be nothing but a positive.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
can't believe Fox fell to 5th in the draft LOL
I know it's easy to be on the bandwagon now, but at the time prior to the draft, there were some skeptics on this forum, some who prefered Ball, who I wanted no part of. The consensus was that Fultz, Ball, and Tatum would be the top three picks. Most thought the Sun's would take Jackson, but that's the one that made me nervous. But it all fell the way most thought. Vlade said later that if Fox hadn't been there, next on his list was Donovan Mitchell.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's probably good unless there is a major injury, in which case it will be all bad. It's hard to evaluate one way or the other whether this training camp and games is going to be a plus or a negative energy-wise for getting to the playoffs. I'll let the training staff of the Kings figure that one out.

No I dont think you are the only one. Kingster liked your post so there are 2 of you who dont like the positive experience for Fox.

Too bad he isnt spending the summer playing basketball and getting the experience of going against the brightest and best players of his generation. He should be working in the gym playing...basketball and doing drills!! Smh.

In this case, one summer of getting coached up by Popovich is a positive. It’s not like they have been playing every summer since 2015 and they likely won’t make the Olympic team next year.

In this case, one summer of getting coached up by Popovich is a positive. It’s not like they have been playing every summer since 2015 and they likely won’t make the Olympic team next year.
Fox will be on the Olympic team, full stop. But, Pop is an iconoclast, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes the bulk of this team to the Olympics. I think they could be viewed as a young cohort that could play together for the next 6-7 years, and why bring in vet egos?

I believe maybe some of the doubts come from the use that bogi has gone threw.

I have no fear of our two young players getting some learning from it and really, really think they are going to come in to our camp in fantastic physical shape.

I hope all three of them make it as that playing time together will pay off big time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bagley starting for Team White.

Switches out on a three point shooter the opening two possessions. Thinking he’s WCS out there!

Last edited: