[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I thought Vlade was ahead of the game on keeping things open for then but then apparently he wasn't the only person looking 2 years down the road.
I'd like to think that Vlade has his sights set on re-signing his own guys in that time, should any of our youngins' become free agents

I dunno, I like Oubre. Short contract but the value seems right. He seemed to play much better in Phoenix. Wasn't he at one point considered the top prospect in basketball coming out of high school or something?

50shadesofjimgray said:
Really, you just need to look at his background to see where this stuff comes from:
  • Two-parent household
  • Graduated cum laude from his prep school
  • High school all-star scholar athlete
  • Student government vice president
  • FCA member
In a way, you almost can’t blame him. It’s the environment he came from that doesn’t enforce respect and doing things the right way.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Looks like Kosta is heading to Russia this season. (According to Rotoworld)

Good move for him. I expected his next destination would be the EL. They play more half court style ball in those leagues. I think Ekpe Udoh was the best statistical player on Bogdans team the year before they came over. Kosta should do very well.

Word. The gap between he and Yogi wasn’t as large as most claimed it was.
Overall it isn’t but Yogi would be good for a significant offensive output every few games whereas Frank wasn’t contributing offensively. His outside shot disappeared and he had a ridiculous habit of driving into traffic and getting stuffed. Fact is, Frank had the first month or two opportunity to solidify his place without Yogi playing himself out of the rotation and he didn’t put together any string of good games plus Yogi deserved the oppurtunity since he hadn’t gotten one to that point. It turned out Yogi could have a hot night and Yogi flows better and is a good off the ball option. Better fit.

Mason was noticeably slower and more of a square peg on last year’s Kings. He’s a guy that likes to take 5-8 seconds to dribble at the top of the key and make a drive to the basket. Not calling him a black hole since he’s a point guard and that’s his job but it’s not really what the Kings want as a backup point.

I did like him better defensively than Yogi, not that I felt Yogi is terrible in that regard but Mason had some impressive defensive sequences last season. Especially on Mike Conley in one game vs Memphis.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So Anthony Davis, James Harden, Bradley Beal, Eric Gordon, CJ McCollum, Tobias Harris and Zion Williamson have all withdrawn from the FIBA World Championships... Isn't this the sort of stuff that ended up leading to Indianapolis and Athens?

Status
Not open for further replies.