If it wasn't for the Lakers, the Kings wouldn't have gotten Fox.

Uh huh. To give the Lakers ANY credit for the Kings capturing the Fox is severely misguided. And not funny. :p
I give them the credit of being bone heads thinking Lonzo Ball was a better pick than Fox. So technically if it wasn’t for the Lakers and their stupid front office, we might not have got Fox. But that’s also the case for philly and Phoenix too. (Boston is prob happy with their pick)

That doesn’t sound right or at least not worded right. Isn’t that the year we pick swapped? Word was Vlade would have picked Fox with the 3rd pick anyways.
Yes it was the pick swap. Perhaps Philly traded their pick and the got it back, but ultimately it was their pick, intact that we swapped with them and got Fox. While they p'd theirs and one of our future picks away.

A couple of things I do believe are a lot of us wanted Fox to fall to us and the Lakers would of not let a talent like Fox get traded away like they did for Lonzo.

Even if one was inclined to draw a tenuous connection between that Dwight Howard trade and the Kings’ drafting of De’Aaron Fox, what of it? Teams come by assets in a variety of ways. What matters is the maximizing of those assets. The Kings made the right choice when they drafted Fox, and the rest is just “inside baseball,” so to speak.

I remember sitting at firestone with a packed house, hoping the lakers wouldn't take Fox. Hell, I was PRAYING.
The lakers had their chance. There were a lot of laker fans hoping that the lakers would buck the perceived consensus and skip lonzo to take Fox.

I remember sitting at firestone with a packed house, hoping the lakers wouldn't take Fox. Hell, I was PRAYING.
The lakers had their chance. There were a lot of laker fans hoping that the lakers would buck the perceived consensus and skip lonzo to take Fox.
I remember that day very well too ... but my prayers are focused on the Celtics and Tatum.

Lots of people will deny it now, but I remember a prevailing concern that the Kings might end up “stuck” with Tatum as a result of the swap.

Either way - I’m glad we got our guy!

Funny I was also at Firestone in Downtown. That atmosphere was something else. All of those bars packed chanting FOX, FOX, FOX, FOX! It was deafening.