The All-Purpose LOL Lakers thread

Pelicans, Hawks, and Wizards intend to cooperate and postpone the AD trade to keep the Lakers able to offer Kawhi the max beyond today per ESPN

Pelicans, Hawks, and Wizards intend to cooperate and postpone the AD trade to keep the Lakers able to offer Kawhi the max beyond today per ESPN
Ugh, why aren't they telling them to kick rocks? 6th at noon or nothing at all. The Lakers need AD more than any of them need their trades, even the Pelicans. If the Lakers get Kawhi, the league's f'ed for the next 5+ years. Is getting their second or third rate talent really all that important?

Some franchises are all: don't help the Lakers, and I think we're one of them. I can't recall us ever doing a trade with them.

Kawhi AND Paul George to the Lakers! LOL! Watch the Lakers scramble for garbage players to fill their roster now! This is going to be hilarious!
It's funny and I'm glad they missed out on Kawhi, but let's be real, the Lakers will still probably be title contenders unless AD or Lebron get hurt. I hope I'm wrong and they miss the playoffs though.

Tbh Lebron is without a zero doubt top 3 all time player. Such a long career producing absolutely top level value every year. Its not really even an argument. His career production puts him a lot closer to MJ than players like Kobe, Duncan and Bird.

Yeah he might be a Laker now but that doesnt mean he needs to be disrespected. After all hes one of the all time greats on and off the court.
Who is disrespecting whom? Lebron’s career production is way behind Kobe and Timmy (5 to 3). This is basketball—greatest of all time is measured in rings. Lebron is #7 in my lifetime. Stop disrespecting the greats like Magic, Timmy and Kobe by putting Lebron in their stratosphere. And that’s two Lakers—has nothing to do w/ Lebron being a Laker. Moreover, he’s the only one of these guys to jump teams multiple times in order to act as his own GM AND has his own agency to force trades etc. for his stable of players to get to his team. And he still can’t put up championship seasons like Timmy, Kobe and Magic even coming from the annual bye to the Finals that was the Eastern conference. Please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess they can try next year for a major signing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Christmas came early.

Who is disrespecting whom? Lebron’s career production is way behind Kobe and Timmy (5 to 3). This is basketball—greatest of all time is measured in rings. Lebron is #7 in my lifetime. Stop disrespecting the greats like Magic, Timmy and Kobe by putting Lebron in their stratosphere. And that’s two Lakers—has nothing to do w/ Lebron being a Laker. Moreover, he’s the only one of these guys to jump teams multiple times in order to act as his own GM AND has his own agency to force trades etc. for his stable of players to get to his team. And he still can’t put up championship seasons like Timmy, Kobe and Magic even coming from the annual bye to the Finals that was the Eastern conference. Please.
Self proclaimed king

So let me get this straight the Thunder get 4 unprotected firsts, one protected first and TWO pick swaps. PLUS Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Gallinari. For Paul George. Holy crap. That is the highest price paid for a player who is not even a top 5 player in the game.
To get Kawhi and PG, and crucially to keep Lakers from getting Kawhi... they were over a barrel and had an easy decision to do exactly what they did.

But that was the price to get that top 10 player AND kawhi who is what top 3/4?
OKC acquired THREE unprotected first-round picks from the Clippers in this trade (2022, 2024 and 2026), league sources say, PLUS two firsts from Miami (2021 unprotected and 2023 protected 1-to-14) ... AND the right to swap picks with the Clips in 2023 and 2025. Staggering

That's crazy clippers better hope they don't fall off in 5 years those picks are further away than I thought