Kawhi to Clippers

While I would have much preferred to see Kawhi stay out East, he managed to sink OKC by getting George to to the Clips as well. Oh and this burns the Lakers and their entitled fans soooo much more so hahahHaha, thank you Kawhi.
I think this knocks OKC out of the playoffs. This also hurts the Lakers because most of the good FAs have already committed elsewhere.

Ridiculous haul! Okc wasn’t going anywhere anyway now they can stock up for the future. Glad Kawhi didn’t go to the Lakers and ruin basketball. Now it’s a real fight for the playoffs and I will be actively rooting against the Clippers

I wonder how Westbrook is feeling right now lol. First KD bounces. Then Paul George is traded there and ends up resigning, saying Rus is his guy. Now PG asks to leave Russ so he can play with Kawhi. Ouch lol.

OKC is going to have to move Westbrook now right? He won't want to go through a rebuild and they got SGA.
If I were them I’d dangle him in front of the Knicks for a similar package of prospects and future firsts. Knicks seem to be wary though and I personally think Westbrook is getting the reputation as a guy who’s not the best player on a team that can afford to throw away draft picks.

I fully expect the Lakers to aggressively go after Westbrook now but they won’t have the draft picks to sell anymore but i can see them offering Kuzma and using whatever cap space they have left

Rumor with Westbrook is that his athleticism has waned which was/is a huge part of his game. Despite the big numbers he had an off year last season and his FT shooting has gone down the toilet.

I wonder how Westbrook is feeling right now lol. First KD bounces. Then Paul George is traded there and ends up resigning, saying Rus is his guy. Now PG asks to leave Russ so he can play with Kawhi. Ouch lol.
Well it’s what he deserves really. His me first mentality is exhausting to watch truthfully. He’s all about the stats and very little substance.

Ridiculous haul! Okc wasn’t going anywhere anyway now they can stock up for the future. Glad Kawhi didn’t go to the Lakers and ruin basketball. Now it’s a real fight for the playoffs and I will be actively rooting against the Clippers
What a haul. Remember when OKC had no chance to resign George and a year later they get all this.
Isn’t it essentially SGA/Gallo for PG cause those picks won’t be higher than 27 ever

I am not a fan of players banding together to bolt teams but huge props to Kawhi here. If he wanted to put a stamp on a team as "his" team, he just effing did it. And while it sucks that he does it in a market like LA, it is his hometown which gives hope someday if Sacramento ever produces an all world talent he might do the same.

Oh and this not only puts the Lakers into fringe playoff contention rather than favorite status, it also most certainly knocks OKC out of the top 8. So good all around for us, especially if we consider our real window to be opening in 3-4 years.

If I were them I’d dangle him in front of the Knicks for a similar package of prospects and future firsts. Knicks seem to be wary though and I personally think Westbrook is getting the reputation as a guy who’s not the best player on a team that can afford to throw away draft picks.

I fully expect the Lakers to aggressively go after Westbrook now but they won’t have the draft picks to sell anymore but i can see them offering Kuzma and using whatever cap space they have left
Random thought...but I wonder if they are the mystery buyer for Wiggins’ contract. Westbrook and Wall are about the only contracts that could be traded for Wiggins where the receiving actually ends up with a better contract on their books.

Wow that was insane. I saw the ESPN scroll say "Kawhi informs teams he is going to LA" and I went for the hemlock. Then went on twitter to see it is the CLIPPERS. OMG what a rush.