Trevor Ariza 2 years $25 mil

Aminu has a player option for year 3
Ariza has a partial guarantee for year 2

Aminu can play the wing but 80% of his mins last uear were at the 4.
Thats cause Harkless is not strong enough for 4 (niether is Aminu but he's stronger and better rebounder), Ariza looked terrible e.g similar to Shumpert before he came but hopefully he can be like Shumpert was last season. I would say this is the worst move we have made so far but it could be okay I guess.

Oh!

Super solid. Ariza struggled last year, but he was in 2 incredibly dysfunctional situations that wouldn't work for most guys. I think it'd be reasonable to see a bounce back getting back to a defined role with stars to take the pressure off and he can do his thing. Don't think he's a starter anymore, but he's an awesome depth piece, he can flex at the 3/4 (so valuable), he's at least an average wing defender and he's a floor spacer. Lots of playoff experience and knows his role which is always nice to get.

Love these partial guarantees too; makes resetting these contracts that much easier if it doesn't work out.

Entity

Hall of Famer
let's see what he does this season. he may not even fit with the team like Alec Burks.
Alec had never done near what Ariza has done before he came. I’m not expecting Ariza to get 15 and 6. His min will drop. I am expecting a 9 and 4 on nights with 15 min and 12/5 on nights over 20

I like Seth, too. He’s got heart. But we need a playmaker with defensive chops. Essentially, we need Beverly and we need someone to convince him that he needs us.
Yeah, the Kings need to find a major impact player on defense at PG if they are targeting PG's. Seth ain't it. I brought him up in another thread. A name I wouldn't mind seeing interest in is Avery Bradley. Not a playmaker by trade but he can play next to any of the guards the Kings have currently and defend 2-3 positions.

I like Seth, too. He’s got heart. But we need a playmaker with defensive chops. Essentially, we need Beverly and we need someone to convince him that he needs us.
Or at the very least just a playmaker. We're in trouble if Bogie is the primary ball handler for the second unit. Seth is a nice bench piece but he doesn't fit our needs.

eh, not sure I like this at all. He was jealous of James Harden. He couldn't get along with CP3 and Harden, so he left to a hot garbage Phoenix team for $$$$$. When he got there, he was completely disgruntled despite being a vet in the NBA. He quit on the team after taking lots of money.. he got traded to Washington where he played better, but looked like his career was closing up pretty soon.

Does this sound like the George Hill saga to anyone else? How do we know Ariza won't pull the same stunt here? I don't think he would've gotten this contract from any other team... but I guess at least his 2nd year is a partial guarantee.

Only thing that makes Ariza signing a little less enthusiastic to me is if we could have gotten Iggy and that low protected future pick from warriors. But makes since for kings to move early on these guys while the big dogs are fighting over the prime meat.

Only thing that makes Ariza signing a little less enthusiastic to me is if we could have gotten Iggy and that low protected future pick from warriors. But makes since for kings to move early on these guys while the big dogs are fighting over the prime meat.
I don't think we had the cap, even if someone took Swanigan.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Ringer gave this signing an F and says "Ariza securing the bag from a team that missed the playoffs worked out so well last time, right? He’s cooked".
The Ringer tends to just hop on the hot take wagon.

I like a lot of their output and listen to a lot of their podcasts but most of their stuff is best viewed through the filter of entertainment

The Ringer gave this signing an F and says "Ariza securing the bag from a team that missed the playoffs worked out so well last time, right? He’s cooked".

Yeah, that's a garbage take. And predictable. How hard is it to predict something not happening when it hasn't happened in over 12 years?

It's just an easy way to pile on. But if the KINGS do make the playoffs, they surely won't be reminding anyone of this lazy take.

Remember those predicting that the KINGS would be the worst team in the league last season?? I only recall one pundit admitting they were wrong. Everyone else doubled down predicting their nice start would eventually fade.

Of course that didn't really happen until they were out of playoff contention and the former coach tanked some games.

Chris Vernon is the one you should listen to on The Ringer. He's a small market guy and doesn't have some of the built in bias that the East Coast, big city guys do.

Edit: I hope Chris wasn't the one who said it. LOL

I think Ariza will take over WCS's role as team skapegoat and pile on target for this message board.

It's necessary to have that guy. Haha
I have a feeling it will be Dedmon. I think the pile on target has to be a starter or at least play a lot of minutes. It will be something to the effect of now that he got paid he stopped doing all these things he was doing with Atlanta.

I hope that’s not the case. Some players never have the fire in them and then some are selfish. But the player I believe we will see is the one who wants to be a part of where the Kings are going.

Yeah maybe we all wished for a big name but Vlade offered him a deal extremely early in the process and showed him he is important to us.

I have a feeling it will be Dedmon. I think the pile on target has to be a starter or at least play a lot of minutes. It will be something to the effect of now that he got paid he stopped doing all these things he was doing with Atlanta.
I actually think it'll be Joseph. Feel like he fits both criteria of playing a pretty significant role (I expect him to get more min than Ariza) and many feel that we overpaid.

At the very least, we get a new guy to spend our season complaining about/defending, amirite?