The All-Purpose LOL Lakers thread

I don’t anticipate much of this being true. I mean, he blames the poor media coverage of the Lakers on Steve Ballmer and not on the Lakers being a freaking tire fire.
Its all very true tho. Way too many rumors that came out about this before this came out to now be verified. I heard multiple reports about the Ballmer talk even weeks ago. This is "crazy" talk but it is Hollywood we are reading about. Why would it not be a soap opera.

And what legitimizes all this is there is no word of Lavar Ball. When you wanted to cap on the Lakers as a far away fan you clowned the Balls. This shows they were just bit players in the whole drama.

Good on them for getting a Facebook show with all this other drama going on tho.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Its all very true tho. Way too many rumors that came out about this before this came out to now be verified. I heard multiple reports about the Ballmer talk even weeks ago. This is "crazy" talk but it is Hollywood we are reading about. Why would it not be a soap opera.

And what legitimizes all this is there is no word of Lavar Ball. When you wanted to cap on the Lakers as a far away fan you clowned the Balls. This shows they were just bit players in the whole drama.

Good on them for getting a Facebook show with all this other drama going on tho.
And all from Lakers fans unable to cope with the fact that they suck now.

IDK why any franchise in their right mind would help the LAL with cap space. Just leave them well enough alone.

A player such as Wagner might seem somewhat appealing to some, but he’s nowhere near a good enough player now nor really has that much upside to counter how much acquiring him could help improve the LAL.

For that reason alone, DO NOT HELP THEM. Let them sink with aging LBJ, fragile AD and a weak cast of role players.

OUT!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yep, that sucks. They have 12 roster spots to fill with the $30 mill. Let's see how the geniuses use it.
It looks like they have $29.4M accounting for their minimum roster charges. So if they spend the full $29.4 M on a single player, they'll then have about a $4.5M room MLE that they could spend to get to one more player (or split it to get two at $2.25M, beyond that there's not much point in splitting it) which would bring them up to presumably five players: LeBron, Davis, MaxDude, Kuzma, RoomMLEDude. They'd have to fill out their roster with 8 guys on min deals. It's not exactly the best way to build a deep team.

It looks like they have $29.4M accounting for their minimum roster charges. So if they spend the full $29.4 M on a single player, they'll then have about a $4.5M room MLE that they could spend to get to one more player (or split it to get two at $2.25M, beyond that there's not much point in splitting it) which would bring them up to presumably five players: LeBron, Davis, MaxDude, Kuzma, RoomMLEDude. They'd have to fill out their roster with 8 guys on min deals. It's not exactly the best way to build a deep team.
Does the 29.4 million figure include Davis waiving his 4 mill trade bonus?

I.bet he "found" 4 mill in his mailbox this morning...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Does the 29.4 million figure include Davis waiving his 4 mill trade bonus?
It looks that way to me, yes. Many of the numbers that have been thrown around suggest that the Lakers will have more cap space than this, but they do not appear to account for the roster charge cap holds that will apply to the Lakers for being under 12 players. The Lakers actually gained less cap space than one would think by sending off the three players because their contracts ($2M/$1.4M/$1.4M, that's $4.8M total) were each replaced by an $897K cap hold ($2.7M total). They only gained $2.1M cap space.

It looks that way to me, yes. Many of the numbers that have been thrown around suggest that the Lakers will have more cap space than this, but they do not appear to account for the roster charge cap holds that will apply to the Lakers for being under 12 players. The Lakers actually gained less cap space than one would think by sending off the three players because their contracts ($2M/$1.4M/$1.4M, that's $4.8M total) were each replaced by an $897K cap hold ($2.7M total). They only gained $2.1M cap space.
Why isn’t anyone in the media mentioning this?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings need to attack where the Lakers' are the weakest. After FA the Kings should have a very deep team, which can run like hell to take advantage of the Lakers' weak bench. LBJ and AD are going to want to "load manage" during the regular season as much as possible for their entitled playoff position, but it's not so easy with a weak bench.