PJ Tucker

dude12

Hall of Famer
According to reports, Houston would like to deal Capela or Tucker or Gordon for a first to flip to Philly in a sign and trade for Butler.

Makes 8.3 and goes down to 7.9 the following year then UFA when he’s about 36. I don’t know about a first for the guy but he’s a frontcourt equivalent of Patrick Beverly. Positionless badass who plays D. I wouldn’t give a first for him but wonder if there is another way. Certainly could use his toughness off the bench.

I think if you could throw a future 1st (2021), but not the 2020 (deep draft) and take his salary. Bring back barnes on something like 18M/yr x4yrs, 9M/yr x3 yr (MLE) to Beverly, 12M/yr x 4yrs to Dedmon or 25M/yr x 4yrs to Horford, you have a solid team with strong players locked in on reasonable contract (which they could very well sign). The team would fit very well together.

Fox/Beverly
Buddy/Bogi
Barnes/Tucker
Bagley/Bjeli
Dedmon/Giles/Swannigan
(leaves $12M under the cap for filler and adjusting up and down regarding $$ to get above deals actually done)

Fox/Beverly
Buddy/Bogi
Barnes/Tucker
Bagley/Bjeli
Horford/Giles /Swannigan
(puts you at the cap)

I prefer option 1 for flexibility but either is good and very deep and in my estimation a playoff team in the west. I think this team could be better than Utah (even with connley), OKC, and Clips without Kawhi, especially without Beverly. The pieces are interchangeable and all are high character guys who bring lunch pails to work. The second string would be probably the best perimeter defense in the league and you have spacing for days in either lineup with Giles being the only rotational player not a legitimate 3pt threat, but something tells me that he will probably look to add that to his game this year...along with some bulk i hope.

Sending a 1st for an older Backup 3? No

If 2 2nds dont do the job, then dont do it

Houston really need to move Clint, Philly can use Eric and PJ since they might loose Butler and Harris anyway for nothing
Two Players of need and a 1st might convince Philly to do sign n trade