The Finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What the **** is wrong with you? Like seriously. Kings fans can't root for perhaps the best player in Sacramento Kings history after we traded him away?
By all means root for him then, just don't act like you're not being hypocritical rooting for the Ws in the process. If it's Cousins you're rooting for then what's the difference whether he's on the Lakers or Warriors eh? Superteam, have it easy, arrogant bandwagon fans, division rivals, repeat champs. Meanwhile you have a team that's never been to the finals on the other end. If anything I would have thought Sac fans would be rooting for that.

Hey, if Cousins was on the Raptors in this series maybe I'd be down with you guys rooting for him.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
By all means root for him then, just don't act like you're not being hypocritical. If it's Cousins you're rooting for then what's the difference whether he's on the Lakers or Warriors eh?
To be fair, I wasn't really rooting for the Warriors until (a) the Raptors fans decided to be a-holes and cheer for KD blowing out his leg and then (b) game 6 in which Klay had an absolutely insane game up until probably tearing his ACL after which Iggy and an assortment of injured dudes and scrubs scrapped and fought their way to near victory.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They'll have to wait at least a year. No way can Kawhi justify leaving now. Even if he might have a better chance if he did leave.
Why can't he justify leaving?

He led the Spurs to a title too. He's already shown he gives zero poos what a fanbase will think of him after he leaves.

To be fair, I wasn't really rooting for the Warriors until (a) the Raptors fans decided to be a-holes and cheer for KD blowing out his leg and then (b) game 6 in which Klay had an absolutely insane game up until probably tearing his ACL after which Iggy and an assortment of injured dudes and scrubs scrapped and fought their way to near victory.

I highly doubt Klay tore his ACL. Unless the A in ACL stands for agent. Because that's most likely why he sat.

Why can't he justify leaving?

He led the Spurs to a title too. He's already shown he gives zero poos what a fanbase will think of him after he leaves.
C'mon, he got sick of Pop dude. It happens to all the coaching greats that coach that way. They eventually hitch their ride to someone who gets sick of it.

I was rooting heavily for the raptors but when clay went down and the warriors kept on pouring it on with their bench....... much respect.
What a finals. Damn..........
Certain things become clear in situations like that. One thing we learned this season is that two coaches who at times were considered hacks because of their super teams are actually darn good. Doc Rivers and Steve Kerr are legit head coaches. Two of the best hands down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Because this is different and you know it is. But by all means keep up the act you've been on lately.
How is it different? And what "act" am I on?

Just because our opinions differ doesn't mean I'm putting on an act. Unless you're still angry at me for being mad at Raptors fans for smelling themselves too much and morphing into Canadian Laker fans.

I think this series has given me more respect for the Ws, and an insight into a very respectable organisational culture. But I still cannot root for a team that's won 3 of the last 4, has a collection of all stars/superteam and frankly not the most endearing players or fanbase either. The whole not playing at full strength makes them easier to root for as they then become the underdog, I'll give you that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
C'mon, he got sick of Pop dude. It happens to all the coaching greats that coach that way. They eventually hitch their ride to someone who gets sick of it.
His team has also still been shopping around during this finals run so let's not pretend he's super-committed to Toronto or something.

Two things equally true....

1.). The Raptors are worthy champions and are a no nonsense well put together team. They have nothing to apologize for and injuries or not they played like Champions. Just a Scrappy team that plays the right way on both ends.

2.). The Warriors proved that their championship mettle goes well beyond their excess of all-star talent. They have incredible resolve and mental toughness. They really dig deep this series and while they came up short they showed exactly why they are champions.

Two things equally true....

1.). The Raptors are worthy champions and are a no nonsense well put together team. They have nothing to apologize for and injuries or not they played like Champions. Just a Scrappy team that plays the right way on both ends.

2.). The Warriors proved that their championship mettle goes well beyond their excess of all-star talent. They have incredible resolve and mental toughness. They really dig deep this series and while they came up short they showed exactly why they are champions.
Also, this was the best finals we've had in a long while.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think this series has given me more respect for the Ws, and an insight into a very respectable organisational culture. But I still cannot root for a team that's won 3 of the last 4, has a collection of all stars/superteam and frankly not the most endearing players or fanbase either. The whole not playing at full strength makes them easier to root for as they then become the underdog, I'll give you that.
No, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. But when 400-year old Shaun Livingston and barely an NBA player McKinnie are playing serious minutes in an elimination game it's kinda hard not to begrudgingly root for them.