The Finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If any team can wake up and go supernova for three games, it’s the Warriors.

But it doesn’t look likley. They look straight up ordinary.
Yes, they are capable of. Durant even might return, if they win the next game then its a coin toss.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If any team can wake up and go supernova for three games, it’s the Warriors.

But it doesn’t look likley. They look straight up ordinary.
I think if there is one thing for certain that these Finals have shown us, it's that KD needed the Warriors and the Warriors needed KD to make this a dynasty and one can't go without the other even though the Warriors did beat LeBron in 2016 but every couple of years you get a team to win that isn't expected i.e. 2004 Pistons, 2011 Mavs, 2016 Cavs and 2019 Raps

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nobody's "meant" to be a winner. What does that even mean?
it means that whatever situation he has been since being drafted that he has not won a championship and beside all that, he hasn't even contributed much when his teams have made the Playoffs so you tell me what that is supposed to be....just bad luck?

Did you see the interview of Leonard after tonight's game?
That is exactly what humility looks like after an all-star caliber performance.
You want a role model, there is one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
it means that whatever situation he has been since being drafted that he has not won a championship and beside all that, he hasn't even contributed much when his teams have made the Playoffs so you tell me what that is supposed to be....just bad luck?
This is a somewhat convenient way of editing history; it might be the truth, but it's hardly the whole truth. Why do you think it's reasonable to leave out the part about him playing on one leg?

EDIT - As for luck, I'm not a big believer in it but, if I did, I feel like tearing a quad, four months after coming back from an Achilles tear probably qualifies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This good role model humility soapbox is one of the strangest takes I’ve read in awhile.

Honestly it’s up there with “Imprint.”

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kings teams being terrible sure as hell weren’t on Cousins. Without him those rosters were perennial sub-20 win teams.

Tore his Achilles while playing arguably his best ball and potentially on the way to the playoffs with NOLA.

Playing at probably 50% (if that) in this Finals, returning from his Achilles and a torn quad.

That’s bad luck.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is a somewhat convenient way of editing history; it might be the truth, but it's hardly the whole truth. Why do you think it's reasonable to leave out the part about him playing on one leg?

EDIT - As for luck, I'm not a big believer in it but, if I did, I feel like tearing a quad, four months after coming back from an Achilles tear probably qualifies.
injuries play a part in his unlucky career, wouldn't you say? I didn't think I needed to mention that. We all know what happened in New Orleans and in Golden State. Do you mean to tell me that if he signs with another team next year, something else won't come up?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yo, there ain't a damned thing humble about Kawhi Leonard; what are you on, right now?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings teams being terrible sure as hell weren’t on Cousins. Without him those rosters were perennial sub-20 win teams.

Tore his Achilles while playing arguably his best ball and potentially on the way to the playoffs with NOLA.

Playing at probably 50% (if that) in this Finals, returning from his Achilles and a torn quad.

That’s bad luck.
I'm not saying the Kings' losing is on Cousins, it's just that he isn't at fault for his antics either. Water under the bridge.

Let's see if his fourth team brings him more virtue and luck because an achilles and a quad injury in such a short time span for a man carrying all that burden on his knees is just not a recipe for a long career.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
injuries play a part in his unlucky career, wouldn't you say? I didn't think I needed to mention that. We all know what happened in New Orleans and in Golden State.
Goes to motive: I do think it bears mentioning when, in its absence, you frame your remarks in a way that suggests that you think the reason "he hasn't even contributed much" to his playoff teams is due to something else.

Do you mean to tell me that if he signs with another team next year, something else won't come up?
Well, since I believe in the "kinetic chain" theory, I certainly think that there is a reasonably high probability that something else could come up; I'm not sure how you extrapolate from that that he's not "meant" to win, though?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Goes to motive: I do think it bears mentioning when, in its absence, you frame your remarks in a way that suggests that you think the reason "he hasn't even contributed much" to his playoff teams is due to something else.

Well, since I believe in the "kinetic chain" theory, I certainly think that there is a reasonably high probability that something else could come up; I'm not sure how you extrapolate from that that he's not "meant" to win, though?
how can he contribute anything to his playoff teams when he is absent.

call it a kinetic chain theory or whatever other pies in the sky you see up there but what we have been shown so far is he isn't durable and he isn't contributing to winning other than a good game he had back in Game 1 was it?