Young Kings already getting in work at team's practice facility

There have been a few sources after Joerger's firing that suggested they had a strained relationship. However, if Joerger were still the Kings coach, I'm pretty sure Harry would be earning trust and getting good minutes next season (as long as he can keep his fouling under control).

There have been a few sources after Joerger's firing that suggested they had a strained relationship. However, if Joerger were still the Kings coach, I'm pretty sure Harry would be earning trust and getting good minutes next season (as long as he can keep his fouling under control).
Perhaps. Hard to predict what might have been.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Which was one thing he vastly improved as the season went on! After his disaster first few games and the G-League stint, there were only 2 or 3 stinker games where he fouled anything that moved. Not to say there was never foul trouble, but there were much much fewer random fouls that left you shaking you head.

Another reason I’m so high on him, he seemingly learns very quickly.

You're a lot more optimistic than me on that.

Based on a combination of Joerger's comments throughout the year and how he distributed minutes, you could tell who he was higher on and who he was lower on.

He was low on Bagley, Giles, and Buddy (lol).

He was high on WCS, Bogi, and Barnes (at the 4) (lmao)

Giles wasn't the only one he had a strained relationship with. He had a strained relationship with their all most important players except for maybe Fox.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You're a lot more optimistic than me on that.

Based on a combination of Joerger's comments throughout the year and how he distributed minutes, you could tell who he was higher on and who he was lower on.

He was low on Bagley, Giles, and Buddy (lol).

He was high on WCS, Bogi, and Barnes (at the 4) (lmao)

Giles wasn't the only one he had a strained relationship with. He had a strained relationship with their all most important players except for maybe Fox.
I so want your analysis to be spot on just because it’s would make Yogurt so dead wrong every single person he was high/low on. Lmao

I so want your analysis to be spot on just because it’s would make Yogurt so dead wrong every single person he was high/low on. Lmao
I mean, to give him credit he seemed to regard Fox as his franchise centerpiece, and a lot of my analysis is just inference. We know one of the reasons he was fired was over a clash with players; we just don't know which players exactly. They would have to be important to the FO; no one would care if he didn't get along with Alec Burks. Those three are probably the most likely, given the Bagley dad drama, Bagley's thinly veiled potshots at Joerger on social media, Joerger's comments about Luka, the whole Buddy debacle in what was I think February, and so on.

We saw endless amounts of Barnes at the 4, gave Bogi the green light, and has been pretty lax on WCS, not to mention tried to hold out on developing his offense for way too long last year, so I think it's fair to say he was high on those guys.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Jason Jones inplied that Joerger want Giles to be traded. He was also against drafting Bagley.
I read those articles. There is nothing in there that implied Joerger wanted Giles traded. And as far as drafting Bagley, Jones uses “sources”. Doesn’t really matter now but there never has been a direct quote from anyone in regards to the above.

I read those articles. There is nothing in there that implied Joerger wanted Giles traded. And as far as drafting Bagley, Jones uses “sources”. Doesn’t really matter now but there never has been a direct quote from anyone in regards to the above.
To be fair, you are never going to get a direct quote on that sort of stuff. Dave is never going to say that he wanted Dončić (not while employed by the Kings) and Vlade will never say Dave didn’t want Bagley.

On those sort of things you will always get “sources say”. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Well at least half this board wanted another player drafted so I gotta believe the coaches and front office were split as well:)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I did see that quote, but it wasn't from that particular article by Jones. I will find it and post it, but in lieu of that here is a few quotes from a different article by Jones.

"There were signs throughout the season of these issues. Joerger never seemed to connect with prized rookie Marvin Bagley III, leaving the second overall pick to wonder privately if Joerger even liked him, a source said.

Harry Giles, another player the front office had faith in, couldn’t crack Joerger’s rotation earlier in the season, and sources said Giles was a player the coach did not communicate well with or believe in."

I apologize for not having the exact quote, but I read so many articles every day that it all becomes one big blur to me. The point is, Giles and Joerger had a problem, as did Joerger and Bagley.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sources, sources........sources could literally be anyone with an opinion. I’m sure there was some stuff going on but not being able to communicate effectively with Giles is a far cry from wanting him traded.

There might be a possibility that Joerger didn’t believe in Giles early in the season and can you blame him? Giles was not very good early.

In these last 2 years, it looks to me like Joerger treated the young guys the same way....as in earn your minutes. I still remember Bagley being pissed in game 1 when he didn’t get to finish the game on the floor. Game 1!!

Maybe Walton will coddle these guys so they are happier.