What will Kings org. be doing very soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will the Kings Organization be doing very soon? With the head coach in a law suit and no assistant coaches hired, I don't see the Kings just sitting around doing nothing until the law suit is over. It might be hard for Walton/Kings to hire any assistant coaches with the uncertainty that currently exists. So far, the Kings have said they are not going to fire Walton (at least until the law suit is over and unfavorable to Walton or Walton resigns). Just my supposition, but I think the Kings, along with Walton, would chose a head assistant coach that Vlade would like as a head coach, if Walton is not vindicated. The Kings just can't wait for months and months for the situation to be resolved. Any other ideas?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's perfectly normal for cases like this to be settled, with confidential terms. I'm not holding my breath for definitive answers.
And the thing is that with the news cycle moving as fast as it does now, there's a better than zero chance that the allegations and case wind up being pushed out of the limelight by something else (hell, I'm surprised the situation has gotten as little attention as it has) in a few days time.

I mean, I had forgotten about the allegations against Mike "Big Arms" Bibby until someone brought them up in the other thread.

(I realize that this argument could also be made regarding firing Walton and letting him find work elsewhere)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Comments about the case itself belong in the "Allegations" thread in the Off the Court forum. A couple of posts have been moved there.

Am I the only one who thinks Hornacek is also Vlade's contingency measure?
The thought did cross my mind. Luke will remain a coach until there is a resolution to the allegations. If he is found guilty (either by the courts or NBA/Kings investigation) he will be sacked. If he is deemed to be not guilty, he will continue as the head coach. Expecting anything else or a fast resolution to this is just plain naive.

Hornacek is someone who fits stylistically and could step in as a head coach if Walton is sacked. He would also make a hell of a lead assistant on the coaching staff. I certainly don’t expect to see a lead assistant who has bounced around the league without having been a head coach at some stage in their career. Hornacek did a decent job in Phoenix before he ended up in that mess at the Knicks where he was a coach figure but Jackson was pulling all the strings there.

OK I was disappointed of all times to have a major distraction. Really thought Walton would be the one to return the team to playoff status with 50 to 55 win seasons to start off. But maybe it would be better to let him go now and pursue other candidates. Like Tom Thibodeau who is experienced.

OK I was disappointed of all times to have a major distraction. Really thought Walton would be the one to return the team to playoff status with 50 to 55 win seasons to start off. But maybe it would be better to let him go now and pursue other candidates. Like Tom Thibodeau who is experienced.
I'm really not sure if your taking the pee out of us? I understand the above Hornacec thought process, but recon Thibodeau is not looking like an ideal fit for a young modern style team.

I hope the TV gig works out for Thibodeau. Otherwise he may end up as a defensive assistant or overseas.

Don’t know if I should expand but, TIBS was just a name I threw out from a list of available NBA coaches and I wanted to avoid a possible trial. [She waited years before someone or something convinced her to go after future Millions and my guess [I know nothing about the legal process] is to keep it from going to trial. If not?]. What’s your guess if it went to trial and Walton was found guilty. What would the Kings do if after 30 or 60 games into season?

Last edited:
Kings will do everything possible to get closure on the Luke Walton situation asap. Can't fire him without evidence (bad look), also don't want to keep him and have it be an ongoing distraction. Getting to the bottom of everything allows them to move forward.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Kings will do everything possible to get closure on the Luke Walton situation asap. Can't fire him without evidence (bad look), also don't want to keep him and have it be an ongoing distraction. Getting to the bottom of everything allows them to move forward.
Obviously a quick resolution would be preferable, but if you look at a lot of these type cases, they can drag on for 3 or 4 years before ever coming to court. Unless the King's investigation comes up with something negative, I think the Kings have to move on as though it never happened.

As a side note, a large percentage of sexual assault cases never go to trial because the accuser doesn't want to testify, and in a sexual assault case, the accused has the right to be confronted by the accuser. If the accuser refuses to testify, then it will never go to trial. Unfortunately, even though the charges are dropped, it still leaves a dark cloud over the head of the accused. This is what happened in the Kobe Bryant case.

Obviously a quick resolution would be preferable, but if you look at a lot of these type cases, they can drag on for 3 or 4 years before ever coming to court. Unless the King's investigation comes up with something negative, I think the Kings have to move on as though it never happened.

As a side note, a large percentage of sexual assault cases never go to trial because the accuser doesn't want to testify, and in a sexual assault case, the accused has the right to be confronted by the accuser. If the accuser refuses to testify, then it will never go to trial. Unfortunately, even though the charges are dropped, it still leaves a dark cloud over the head of the accused. This is what happened in the Kobe Bryant case.
Does it work the same way in a civil suit?

Well, since I'm not an attorney, I can't say for sure. But I would think that the accused would have the right to confront his accuser in any court. Otherwise, you'd have a lopsided legal system where the person bringing the charges, couldn't be cross examined by the accused.
I know you're not an attorney, but do you play one on TV?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We have the allegation thread going in the Off the Court forum. Since this thread has now morphed into the same kind of discussion, I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.