Potential draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would not mind Admiral Schofield, Brandon Clarke, or PJ Washington for one of our 2nd rounders. The second round this year looks much usual. Lots of good rotation depth to be had.

We may not have a first round pick but if you can find a rotational level player or two with one of these 2nds rounders, thats what can ensure you are financially in a good place going forward. We are now at the point where you know Buddy, Fox and Bagley will be your big money players in a few years.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I really would not mind Admiral Schofield, Brandon Clarke, or PJ Washington for one of our 2nd rounders. The second round this year looks much usual. Lots of good rotation depth to be had.
I hate to pop your balloon, but Clarke is a lottery pick, Washington may be a lottery pick, but will certainly go by mid first round. The only one that could slide into the 2nd rd, might be the Admiral, but I still think he goes somewhere around 27 to 30.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Players you need to be looking at are Dylan Windler, Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome. Dedric Lawson, Bruno Fernando (probably goes in 1st rd.), Naz Reid, Eric Paschall, Ashton Hagans, Ignas Brazdeikis, Shamorie Ponds, Charles Bassey, and Darius Bazley.

Those are realistic choices, and most of them should, could be there when the Kings pick.

Players you need to be looking at are Dylan Windler, Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome. Dedric Lawson, Bruno Fernando (probably goes in 1st rd.), Naz Reid, Eric Paschall, Ashton Hagans, Ignas Brazdeikis, Shamorie Ponds, Charles Bassey, and Darius Bazley.

Those are realistic choices, and most of them should, could be there when the Kings pick.
I am hopeful we can find an overseas player like Kurucs who went 40.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Chuma okeeke would have been a late first rounder but was on the rise. Good size 6’8 and can post up and hit 36% and 38% from 3pt range in his two years. He tore his ACL In Auburn’s win over North Carolina in the sweet 16. Because of his injury he will likely fall to mid to late 2nd rounder. Looks like he could be a Harrison Barnes/ Tobias Harris type player. I would take him and red shirt him ala harry Giles.

Chuma okeeke would have been a late first rounder but was on the rise. Good size 6’8 and can post up and hit 36% and 38% from 3pt range in his two years. He tore his ACL In Auburn’s win over North Carolina in the sweet 16. Because of his injury he will likely fall to mid to late 2nd rounder. Looks like he could be a Harrison Barnes/ Tobias Harris type player. I would take him and red shirt him ala harry Giles.
Given the number of 2nd round pick we will have over the next couple of years, this is the sort of thing we should be doing if in fact the kid will enter the draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Cardon Edward's and Jordan Nwora are two names I'd keep an eye on in the second round.
I'm assuming you mean Carson Edwards, and if so, I think he'll go somewhere near the bottom of the 1st rd, maybe top of the 2nd. I just don't think he'll slide down to us at 40. Plus, I think the Kings are looking for more size at backup PG, and Edwards wouldn't bring that.

Vlad should trade up for that big beautiful shotblocking specimen Bol Bol!

I actually like where we are in the second round- theres a lot of solid looking players around 40.

Thybulle is the most intriguing.

I missed the entire ncaa tournament this year, first time in years. So thanks for all the player evaluations and input.
The nba draft, my favorite part of being a Kings fan.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I just finished posting a thought in the prospects fourm, and I know some people don't read that forum (you should), so I decided to throw it out again there rather than start a new thread. The summer after this coming summer (2020/21) the Kings will have two important players up for a Qualifying offer. Bogdanovic, and Heild. Bog's has the largest cap hold at $16, 205,833.00. Buddy's is about 2 mil smaller. Both play the SG position, and if we had to lose one of them, I think most people would want to keep Buddy.

Soooo, the Lakers hold the 11th pick in the coming draft, and they also have a player on the team named Lebron, who will be a year older, and who wants to win now. A rookie isn't going to help that cause, but an experienced player, who can shoot the three (something the Lakers lacked last year), and who can handle the ball, would help tremendously. So I would propose trading Bog's to the Lakers for the 11th pick in the draft, and then drafting Bol Bol, the 7'2" center from Oregon.

I hate to lose Bog's, but Bol would give us our center of the future who can grow with our young core, and I believe Bol would be a top five pick if he hadn't gotten injured. Bol is the whole package. He can block shots, rebound, and step out and shoot the three. He just needs to get stronger. The trade would also give up some immediate cap relief in lieu of not having to resign Bog's. Another option would be to see if the Celtics are willing to trade us back our own pick for Bog's, which is number 14.

I'm still hesitant on moving Bogdan. If used properly he's a tremendous asset. That's tough though because I think Bol could be special and is one of the few players in this draft with that potential IMO. The foot thing is scary but I've seen him near the end of the first round on some mocks which injury or not would be ridiculous. I'd probably stick to not trading Bogdan at this point though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm still hesitant on moving Bogdan. If used properly he's a tremendous asset. That's tough though because I think Bol could be special and is one of the few players in this draft with that potential IMO. The foot thing is scary but I've seen him near the end of the first round on some mocks which injury or not would be ridiculous. I'd probably stick to not trading Bogdan at this point though.
I certainly understand where your coming from, and as I said, I would hate to trade Bog's. But with both Bog's and Buddy becoming restricted freeagents the same year, followed by both Fox and Giles the following year, it would be a way to solve our current center problem, and replace a fairly high salary with a rookie salary, both at the same time.

Most teams can only afford 2, maybe 3 top salaries. Then they have to fill in with good role players around those top players. The Warriors are the exception with at least 4, but they're winning championships, which makes it easier to justify paying the piper. So at some point, the Kings will have to bite the bullet and decide who those players are and who they'll have to let go. And in my opinion, if you have to lose a player you don't want to lose, then you need to get something in return.

Bill Walsh once said, "It's better to trade a player one year too soon, than one year too late". Hey, if the Kings can figure out how to acquire a mid first rd pick without trading Bog's, I'm on board. We can figure out the money later.

Bogdan is all we have left of the many 2016 moves. I would hate to lose him but the above proposal is interesting. I will watch some Bol clips, still have memories of his dad so jaded.
In hindsite Sabonis would have been sweet at that 8th pick.

Bogdan is all we have left of the many 2016 moves. I would hate to lose him but the above proposal is interesting. I will watch some Bol clips, still have memories of his dad so jaded.
If you watch clips of Bol you'll probably be alright with trading Bagley for him. He's seriously that impressive and super skilled on his highlights.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Scoop him up if he's available to us.
Bazley is likely to be there, based on current info. Now he could go to the combine and individual workouts, and dazzle the hell out of people and work his way into the first round. But I'm inclined to believe he'll be there when we pick, and if so, someone I like better would have to be there for me to pass him up.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Other than the fact that he's tall, and can shoot the three, he's nothing like his dad. Big frame that can hold more weight than his father. He's a good passer, rebounder, and he can put the ball on the floor. Entirely different player, and 7'2"with a huge wingspan.

Other than the fact that he's tall, and can shoot the three, he's nothing like his dad. Big frame that can hold more weight than his father. He's a good passer, rebounder, and he can put the ball on the floor. Entirely different player, and 7'2"with a huge wingspan.
Your right. I also enjoyed his interviews, which for some reason I always make a point of watching.

Very intriguing player. A foot stress fracture is concerning for a guy that size though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Very intriguing player. A foot stress fracture is concerning for a guy that size though.
No argument from me on that. I seem to remember a center we drafted years ago having some foot problems. Some guy named Never Nervous Pervis. Only played on year for the Kings and to the best of my memory, only had one good season in the NBA out of around 10 or 11 seasons.

Nope. Bol looked incredible in his highlight reel in his short tenure in the college ranks. I'm not saying he's as good a prospect as Bagley but he certainly looks incredible. And he might just be if he can stay healthy.

I kept waiting to see if he can handle the ball but he's so long that 2 dribbles standing from the 3 point line and he's slamming it down.
Again, considering who is pop was I wasn't expecting so much agility and skill regardless of where each grew up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.