[NBA] Western Conference Playoffs, Round 1

How many first round upsets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know how but Harden only has three free throw attempts in this game thus far....Jazz are doing an exceptional job on him or the refs are just swallowing the whistle this time around

How the F does Draymond not get tossed after all that? So damn annoying. I know Warriors are going to win this series but I hope Clips can at least extend this thing.

when I watch Westbrook, I always say to myself that he would be a star in track. He had endless energy, endurance and athletic ability. That's not to say he isn't good in basketball, he has a MVP trophy to show for but his play is just not conclusive to winning. How many straight years is this now that he's been ousted in the first round?
that's unnecessary hate towards PG13, I think the shoulder injury held him back a bit more than we realize. I think Russ is rubbing off on PG in a negative way and that he doesn't play defense like he did in Indiana but that's just my observation. With that said, PG was a prime MVP candidate for a good while before getting hurt so the disrespect he's getting from you is uncalled for.
Be fair. No only is what @Tetsujin said true, the dude has been playing with an injured shoulder for quite some time. He’s not healthy. But he manned up and played best he could.
He looked plenty healthy on that unnecessary dunk he did game 3 but ya probably overreacted a bit. I’ll stand by this though if that was Westbrook you’d hear now shoulder injury excuse at all. PG wants to showboat with that dunk and talk crap after Dame hits the dagger on him then he’s fair game. Him getting outplayed by Ingles while Russ talk all blame doesn’t help either

He looked plenty healthy on that unnecessary dunk he did game 3 but ya probably overreacted a bit. I’ll stand by this though if that was Westbrook you’d hear now shoulder injury excuse at all. PG wants to showboat with that dunk and talk crap after Dame hits the dagger on him then he’s fair game. Him getting outplayed by Ingles while Russ talk all blame doesn’t help either
PG’s shoulder didn’t appear to affect his defense so much as his jump shot. He didn’t look right in that regard. He had some moments, but was largely inconsistent. But aside from offensively, I agree with you.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Montrez is one of my favorite players to watch in the league. Wow it's fun to watch him terrorize a team that isn't us lol.
The sad irony is that this is precisely the sort of series in which the Warriors could really use Boogie and his interior presence to throw Montrezl iff his game and stop momentum swings like the entire second half of game 2.

The sad irony is that this is precisely the sort of series in which the Warriors could really use Boogie and his interior presence to throw Montrezl iff his game and stop momentum swings like the entire second half of game 2.
I think a healthy Cousins makes this a sweep. I also think the Clippers' success without Tobias Harris just illustrates how overrated he was, but also how good of a Doc Rivers is. They play a very cohesive brand of basketball even with Lou Will chucking up shots.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
only thing I can't back PG on is his comment about Dame's shot....yes, it was a bad shot for the majority of the NBA but a player who can shoot out there effortlessly like Dame, that's a normal shot for him. He practices those shots and he's been shooting those three's since he's been in the league. PG is way too salty, just say he made a hell of a shot and tip your cap, no one likes a sore loser. That's a LeBron move.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think a healthy Cousins makes this a sweep. I also think the Clippers' success without Tobias Harris just illustrates how overrated he was, but also how good of a Doc Rivers is. They play a very cohesive brand of basketball even with Lou Will chucking up shots.
and a rookie PG starter to boot

I would like to single out the no name Clippers for showing some great team basketball. They play defense and rebound. Beverly got 13 boards, Williams got 33 points and 10 assists. M Harrell made some monster plays and scored around 24 in a victory at Golden State to make it 3-2. I would love to find a player like Harrell to play for the Kings. Maximum effort guy with great strength.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just got done watching the Jokic postgame conference and it's the first time I'm listening to him interviewing, I have to say....I was laughing out loud, thanks Niko

I would like to single out the no name Clippers for showing some great team basketball. They play defense and rebound. Beverly got 13 boards, Williams got 33 points and 10 assists. M Harrell made some monster plays and scored around 24 in a victory at Golden State to make it 3-2. I would love to find a player like Harrell to play for the Kings. Maximum effort guy with great strength.
We can have him right for a price next Summer i believe ? Will cost a lot but say we realistically manage our cap this season by not over spending, if we get a stop gap stretch big at an affordable price and make the playoffs he is exactly the piece you are looking to strengthen your squad and take us to the next level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.