How many first round upsets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NPLIAM - I'm thinking about how excited you must be at this moment. I'm with you in spirit!

GO JAZZ!

DIE ROCKETS SCUM!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice job by the Jazz. At least their fans walk out from possibly the last game of the season with a win to remember!

Give Utah a bit more fire power and they're gonna make some waves.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Who the hell's dumbass idea was it to schedule four Game 5's on a Tuesday? There's a significant probability that only one of these series is going to continue beyond tonight. And then what are they going to schedule the rest of the week? It's not like 20 years ago where, if a series ended early, they'd expedite the next round; three of these series could end tonight, and Game 1 of the next round won't be until at least Friday!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Who the hell's dumbass idea was it to schedule four Game 5's on a Tuesday? There's a significant probability that only one of these series is going to continue beyond tonight. And then what are they going to schedule the rest of the week? It's not like 20 years ago where, if a series ended early, they'd expedite the next round; three of these series could end tonight, and Game 1 of the next round won't be until at least Friday!
in that instance, it's a perfect time to catch up on some TV shows or movies you may of not have watched yet

Dame has always been among my favorite non-KINGS players. Dude is straight fire.

While he was dribbling the clock down, I told my wife he was gonna hit whatever shot he put up. I didn’t know he was gonna pull it from 39 feet though!

As one of my favorite announcers Gus Johnson once said, “COLD BLOODED!”

Then I switch back to the SHARKS game — who were down 3-0 — to find out they had scored 4 PP goals in about 4 minutes.

WOW!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m going off more than 1 game
Series stats:
Paul George 28.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.4 spg,
Aminu 10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, .8 spg, .8 bpg

Aminu had a nice series but come on now...

The OKC series loss can be placed firmly on the back of Russ deciding to pee Dame off by talking crap to him in game 3 while also having a grossly inefficient heroball series. And the fact that beyond the big two and Dennis Schroeder, the Thunder's best offensive weapon may be Steven Adams certainly didn't help matters.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Lillard is my favorite non-King player. It's not even close. He's not a fair-weather player (like Durant). Sticks with his small market team. Great, great leader. Very smart. Comes up big in the big games. Good guy (from everything I've heard). Even though it's doubtful, I hope they go all the way.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Westbrook isn't a point guard. Just doesn't have the brain for it. All those triple doubles don't mean much if you can't keep your poise, don't have discipline, and don't use your brain at the point guard position. This is why I think Fox will ultimately be a better point guard than Westbrook. He is smart and does have a brain for the game, as well as the ultra athleticism.

Series stats:

The OKC series loss can be placed firmly on the back of Russ deciding to pee Dame off by talking crap to him in game 3 while also having a grossly inefficient heroball series. And the fact that beyond the big two and Dennis Schroeder, the Thunder's best offensive weapon may be Steven Adams certainly didn't help matters.
Pg stats more thy say 28 but he had a terrible series outside 1 game the game they one dude shot like 3-16. But you know the new nba he wobbled his way to the line and looked good for the box score watchers

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Series stats:

Right? Imagine watching that series, and your big takeaway being that Paul George is overrated?

Series stats:

PG13 played well. The problem for the Thunder is they are poor shooters as a team and their team play sucks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Paul George one of the most overrated players, dudes been outplayed by Ingles now Aminu
that's unnecessary hate towards PG13, I think the shoulder injury held him back a bit more than we realize. I think Russ is rubbing off on PG in a negative way and that he doesn't play defense like he did in Indiana but that's just my observation. With that said, PG was a prime MVP candidate for a good while before getting hurt so the disrespect he's getting from you is uncalled for.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Westbrook isn't a point guard. Just doesn't have the brain for it. All those triple doubles don't mean much if you can't keep your poise, don't have discipline, and don't use your brain at the point guard position. This is why I think Fox will ultimately be a better point guard than Westbrook. He is smart and does have a brain for the game, as well as the ultra athleticism.
when I watch Westbrook, I always say to myself that he would be a star in track. He had endless energy, endurance and athletic ability. That's not to say he isn't good in basketball, he has a MVP trophy to show for but his play is just not conclusive to winning. How many straight years is this now that he's been ousted in the first round?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Pg stats more thy say 28 but he had a terrible series outside 1 game the game they one dude shot like 3-16. But you know the new nba he wobbled his way to the line and looked good for the box score watchers
How are you saying this about Paul George while simultaneously pumping up Luka who pretty did the exact same thing since the start of the new year?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Amazing to me Nene is still having productive minutes in the league despite being filling the grizzled vet who is telling everyone about the beach he's going to retire to role for the past five or so seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.