2nd Round pick projections

Kings need to hit on a rotation player with at least one of their 3 picks. Guys I would like to see us draft are:

1) Darius Bazley
Long kid who skipped college along the lines of Mitchell Robinson. 6’ 9” wing with length. 7 ft wingspan. Could learn under Barnes.

2) Carson Edwards
Scoring point guard who could play well next to Bogdan. The advantage of Bogdan is you can get smaller players who play off the ball.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the three second round draft picks since Vlade arrived have been Isaiah Cousins, Frank Mason & Gary Trent. He has yet to prove that he can find that gem in the second round and I don't expect anything different with these late picks. I'd love to be wrong though.

the three second round draft picks since Vlade arrived have been Isaiah Cousins, Frank Mason & Gary Trent. He has yet to prove that he can find that gem in the second round and I don't expect anything different with these late picks. I'd love to be wrong though.
Fine so call your shot... who do you think he should pick. I think he missed big time passing on Kurucs last year.

There's a number of guys I like for our second rounders, some of whom will be available and some not:

Bazley (likely gone)
Dylan Windler (likely gone)
Jalen McDaniels (character issues)
Kevin Porter
Carsen Edwards
Luka Semanic
Johntay Porter
Eric Paschall
Jaylen Hands (would love to get him, believe he has very high potential)
Matisse Thybulle

If we end up with a couple of these guys, I'll be happy. There are a few guys I left off as I think they'll be gone, eg Tyler Herro, PJ Washington etc.

There's a number of guys I like for our second rounders, some of whom will be available and some not:

Bazley (likely gone)
Kevin Porter
Carsen Edwards
Luka Semanic
Johntay Porter
Eric Paschall
Jaylen Hands (would love to get him, believe he has very high potential
Matisse Thybulle

If we end up with a couple of these guys, I'll be happy. There are a few guys I left off as I think they'll be gone, eg Tyler Herro, PJ Washington etc.
Think Bazley will be there. Windier could well be gone. Okeke with the injury if he comes out could be there as could Sirvydis. Jalen McDaniels could be there. Kevin Porter is likely gone in all the Mocks I have seen.

Wonder if you are thinking Bassey who will likely be gone.

I think they will try and move multiple 2nd rounders to move into the first.

Boston has tons of first rounders this year. They may want to draft and stash.

Think Bazley will be there. Windier could well be gone. Okeke with the injury if he comes out could be there as could Sirvydis. Jalen McDaniels could be there. Kevin Porter is likely gone in all the Mocks I have seen.

Wonder if you are thinking Bassey who will likely be gone.
No, I'm definitely thinking of Bazley. He was highly ranked coming out of HS. I'd be surprised if he's still there at our pick, he's a prime candidate for a contender to take a chance on at the end of the first.

No, I'm definitely thinking of Bazley. He was highly ranked coming out of HS. I'd be surprised if he's still there at our pick, he's a prime candidate for a contender to take a chance on at the end of the first.
All the mocks I have seen show him in the late 40’s. He has some flakiness associated with him. Seems like we agree if he is there, Vlade should take a shot.

All the mocks I have seen show him in the late 40’s. He has some flakiness associated with him. Seems like we agree if he is there, Vlade should take a shot.
Definitely agree with that. I usually take mock drafts with a massive grain of salt apart from the top 10 picks or so. They get less and less reliable as the draft moves along. I think Bazley is a guy that won't last more than a few picks into the second round, but I'd love to take him if he's there at 42.

What would be awesome is if they could package some future picks and move up to get someone like Admiral Schofield. I'm watching more and more video, there is no way he's a 2nd round talent. Heck, I'd say move into the first to get him. He could be a terrific physical wing that can fit in a team concept like Sacramento.

What would be awesome is if they could package some future picks and move up to get someone like Admiral Schofield. I'm watching more and more video, there is no way he's a 2nd round talent. Heck, I'd say move into the first to get him. He could be a terrific physical wing that can fit in a team concept like Sacramento.
Maybe but we have a couple 6-5 wings. Need a long 6’8” guy. Why I like Bazley. If Okeke drops he might be a good shot. Mature Maker is also intriguing.

Maybe but we have a couple 6-5 wings. Need a long 6’8” guy. Why I like Bazley. If Okeke drops he might be a good shot. Mature Maker is also intriguing.
Dude's built like a PJ Tucker type. looks to have decent length too. That combined with his shooting as a SF/PF would fit just fine on the team. Normally I'd say shy away from those Tennessee combo F's but his shooting makes him different than his predecessors.

Last edited:
Dude's built like a PJ Tucker type. looks to have decent length too. That combined with his shooting as a SF/PF would fit just fine on the team. Normally I'd say shy away from those Tennessee combo F's but his shooting makes him different than his predecessors.
6’10” Wingspan which is good for a smaller wing but not even Bogi’s 7 ft. If we trade Bogdan I could see it but with Buddy and Bogdan ahead of him....

Definitely agree with that. I usually take mock drafts with a massive grain of salt apart from the top 10 picks or so. They get less and less reliable as the draft moves along. I think Bazley is a guy that won't last more than a few picks into the second round, but I'd love to take him if he's there at 42.
I'm pretty sure Philly picks @42.

Our Picks, I think have landed at #40, #47 and yes we have the last pick in the draft again #60.

This topic continues to be discussed in greater detail in the Following potential draftees thread tbh. Lots of video's posted and such.

After the lottery in a month or so discussion will heat up for sure.

A name to watch should be Iowa STate's Talen Horton-Tucker

6’10” Wingspan which is good for a smaller wing but not even Bogi’s 7 ft. If we trade Bogdan I could see it but with Buddy and Bogdan ahead of him....

Bogdan has insane length for his height though so he's hardly a standard by which to go by. If Admiral clocks in in that 6'10" range he's fine and even so, again, his body type, strength, and athletic ability are top shelf for a player like him. I think he will spend plenty of minutes at PF in his career. He's a beast physically. That's usually the problem with those smaller beast types that come out of that school because they are typically straight up undersized PF's. Like his teammate Grant Williams. I think he could find a role himself but for todays NBA Schofield is that prototype combo F almost every team that knows what it's doing covets.

This topic continues to be discussed in greater detail in the Following potential draftees thread tbh. Lots of video's posted and such.

After the lottery in a month or so discussion will heat up for sure.

A name to watch should be Iowa STate's Talen Horton-Tucker
It sucks, it seems like Horton-Tucker is climbing on the mocks I've seen. Regardless the Kings have a decent shot at getting one of these combo F's or wings in the 2nd.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Bazley (likely gone)
Kevin Porter
Carsen Edwards
Luka Semanic
Johntay Porter
Eric Paschall
Jaylen Hands (would love to get him, believe he has very high potential)
Matisse Thybulle

I think it's highly possible that Bazley will be there when we pick, and if he's there, you have to take a gamble on him. Dylan Windler is my top choice. I've loved with him for two years now. I'd be willing to trade up to get him at the top of the 2nd rd. Dude is ready to play right now. Kevin Porter and Carson Edwards will both go in the first rd. Paschall is interesting. He played better than I expected this season, and his outside shot improved. He's certainly worth looking at. Matisse Thybulle is probably the best defender in college averaging just under 4 steals a game. Not sure where he'll go, probably low first, but I'd be happy with him.

If Jontay Porter slides down to us in the 2nd rd, I think you have to seriously consider grabbing him. He has lottery talent! Of course he would probably be out as long as Giles was, but if he recovers completely, you have one hell of a player for a cheap price. I would consider Okeke the same way.

A player I really like, who has been just slightly under a 20/10 player for the last two years is Dedric Lawson, who averaged 19.2 pts and 10.3 rebounds, while shooting 36.1% from the three. Not bad for a big man. The only reason he's sliding is because of his age. He was a junior this past season, but had to redshirt year when he transfered from Miami to Kansas. He's one of those players that's ready to step in and play.

Players I really like that will probably be picked before we choose are PF/C, Bruno Fernando: SF, K.Z. Okpala: PG, Ty Jerome: SF, Cam Johnson: and SG, Luguentz Dort. Players that I'm not as high on, but who could surprise me are SF, Robert Franks, PF/C, Naz Reid: C, Daniel Gafford: SF, Ignas Brazdeikis: SF, Louis King: ? Admiral Schofield: SF, Jayen McDaniels: and SG, Tyler Herro.

The best European players are Sekou Doumbouya, who has a very high ceiling and will be a lottery pick, Goga Bitadze, a 6'11"center who will likely go somewhere between 15 and 25. The two players that will likely be there when the Kings pick are Luka Samanic, who has been an up and down players all year, and a player who I think has more potential, but will take a while is Deividas Sirvydis, a 6'9" SF.

The mystery player to me in the 2nd rd is Charles Bassley the 6'11", 245 Lb center who played for Western Kentucky. First, you have to consider that he played in a lesser conference against weaker competition. Second, you have to consider that he had guards that almost refused to get him the ball. That said, when he did get the ball, he showed a nice soft touch around the basket. He did a good job of protecting the rim, averaging 2.4 blocks a game. He also showed the ability to step out and shoot the three at a high percentage (small sampling size) while grabbing 10 boards a game. He's not an elite athlete, but he is a good athlete who runs the floor well. There could be something there!

I think it's highly possible that Bazley will be there when we pick, and if he's there, you have to take a gamble on him. Dylan Windler is my top choice. I've loved with him for two years now. I'd be willing to trade up to get him at the top of the 2nd rd. Dude is ready to play right now. Kevin Porter and Carson Edwards will both go in the first rd. Paschall is interesting. He played better than I expected this season, and his outside shot improved. He's certainly worth looking at. Matisse Thybulle is probably the best defender in college averaging just under 4 steals a game. Not sure where he'll go, probably low first, but I'd be happy with him.

If Jontay Porter slides down to us in the 2nd rd, I think you have to seriously consider grabbing him. He has lottery talent! Of course he would probably be out as long as Giles was, but if he recovers completely, you have one hell of a player for a cheap price. I would consider Okeke the same way.

A player I really like, who has been just slightly under a 20/10 player for the last two years is Dedric Lawson, who averaged 19.2 pts and 10.3 rebounds, while shooting 36.1% from the three. Not bad for a big man. The only reason he's sliding is because of his age. He was a junior this past season, but had to redshirt year when he transfered from Miami to Kansas. He's one of those players that's ready to step in and play.

Players I really like that will probably be picked before we choose are PF/C, Bruno Fernando: SF, K.Z. Okpala: PG, Ty Jerome: SF, Cam Johnson: and SG, Luguentz Dort. Players that I'm not as high on, but who could surprise me are SF, Robert Franks, PF/C, Naz Reid: C, Daniel Gafford: SF, Ignas Brazdeikis: SF, Louis King: ? Admiral Schofield: SF, Jayen McDaniels: and SG, Tyler Herro.

The best European players are Sekou Doumbouya, who has a very high ceiling and will be a lottery pick, Goga Bitadze, a 6'11"center who will likely go somewhere between 15 and 25. The two players that will likely be there when the Kings pick are Luka Samanic, who has been an up and down players all year, and a player who I think has more potential, but will take a while is Deividas Sirvydis, a 6'9" SF.

The mystery player to me in the 2nd rd is Charles Bassley the 6'11", 245 Lb center who played for Western Kentucky. First, you have to consider that he played in a lesser conference against weaker competition. Second, you have to consider that he had guards that almost refused to get him the ball. That said, when he did get the ball, he showed a nice soft touch around the basket. He did a good job of protecting the rim, averaging 2.4 blocks a game. He also showed the ability to step out and shoot the three at a high percentage (small sampling size) while grabbing 10 boards a game. He's not an elite athlete, but he is a good athlete who runs the floor well. There could be something there!
I think Bassey might be gone by the time we pick.

This is flawed logic. Just because something has yet to happen doesn’t at all mean it can’t or won’t.

I mean, the Sacramento Kings have yet to win a title. Since they have yet to prove they can, what are we all doing here? They should just stop trying since it hasn’t happened yet.

This is flawed logic. Just because something has yet to happen doesn’t at all mean it can’t or won’t.

I mean, the Sacramento Kings have yet to win a title. Since they have yet to prove they can, what are we all doing here? They should just stop trying since it hasn’t happened yet.
It's not really flawed logic though, he's not saying it categorically won't happen. If someone has a history of drafting poorly, then it's not a logical fallacy to say you're not expecting that to change.

I mean, we're talking about second rounders, most of them don't stick anyway, so I'm not really criticising Vlade. But the above isn't really flawed logic either.

I hope you're right about Bazley being there. It'd surprise me, but I'd definitely take him if he's still there.

I'm also adding Bassey, Lawson and Admiral Schofield to my wish list after doing more research.

It's not really flawed logic though, he's not saying it categorically won't happen. If someone has a history of drafting poorly, then it's not a logical fallacy to say you're not expecting that to change.

I mean, we're talking about second rounders, most of them don't stick anyway, so I'm not really criticising Vlade. But the above isn't really flawed logic either.
That’s not what he said. He didn’t state that it’s ‘unlikely’ because 2nd rounders don’t usually stick. He was very specific to Vlade not yet ‘finding a gem’ in the 2nd round. All while not acknowledging that Vlade’s only been in charge of 4 drafts thus far and it’s a small sample size. Furthermore, Vlade doesn’t have poor track record in his drafts.

IMO this line of thinking is as flawed as expecting Geoff Petrie to land an Isaiah Thomas with the last pick consistently simply because it happened once.

I mean, Vlade’s done well with his top 10 picks. But that does mean he can’t miss one one because he hasn’t yet?

The moral of the story is what happened last draft or 3 drafts ago has no relevance to this or any upcoming draft.

If we’re playing a game of craps and I hadn’t rolled a 7 among my first 4 rolls, does that mean it won’t happen next time out because it hasn’t happened yet? Obviously the odds of hitting on a 2nd round pick are much different, but what’s comparable is that the previous roll has nothing to do with the next one.

Last edited:
That’s not what he said. He didn’t state that it’s ‘unlikely’ because 2nd rounders don’t usually stick. He was very specific to Vlade not yet ‘finding a gem’ in the 2nd round. All while not acknowledging that Vlade’s only been in charge of 4 drafts thus far and it’s a small sample size. Furthermore, Vlade doesn’t have poor track record in his drafts.

IMO this line of thinking is as flawed as expecting Geoff Petrie to land an Isaiah Thomas with the last pick consistently simply because it happened once.

I mean, Vlade’s done well with his top 10 picks. But that does mean he can’t miss one one because he hasn’t yet?

The moral of the story is what happened last draft or 3 drafts ago has no relevance to this or any upcoming draft.

If we’re playing a game of craps and I hadn’t rolled a 7 among my first 4 rolls, does that mean it won’t happen next time out because it hasn’t happened yet? Obviously the odds of hitting on a 2nd round pick are much different, but what’s comparable is that the previous roll has nothing to do with the next one.
Draft selection isn't based on random luck (rolling a dice), it's talent evaluation. Yeah, there's an element of luck involved, but it's still down to talent evaluation. Your argument applies to the draft lottery and other things that depend upon chance, but it doesn't apply in this situation. The OP said he's not expecting anything to change this year, not that it definitely won't. That's not an illogical statement at all. Somebody summon Capt Factorial because I don't have the patience to explain further.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

you are taking this way out of context. These are second round picks we are talking about here. They are a hard find and ones that actually aren't out of the league within a few years. With that said, what I said is not wrong and these second round picks are for not if they can't fill a roster spot for more than one season or stashing them in the G-League to never come over and play.