JaVale McGee

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Give me this man this offseason. We have the money for a big splash, but this is low-key acquisition I want behind our Big 2 young guns in Bagley and Giles.

This guy is all over the place. He may play as dumb as a bag of rocks (probably complimenting the rocks there) but my goodness, he’s all over the paint contesting everything. If he’s one of the big men off the bench flying all over the place, I’ll take it all day every day.

Man, I wish Willie played with his enthusiasm every single day.

Last edited:
Give me this man this offseason. We have the money for a big splash, but this is low-key acquisition I want behind our Big 2 young guns in Bagley and Giles.

This guy is all over the place. He may play as dumb as a bag of rocks (probably complimenting the rocks there) but my goodness, he’s all over the paint contesting everything. If he’s one of the big men off the bench flying all over the place, I’ll take it all day every day.

Man, I wish Willie played with his enthusiasm every single day.
Yes Agreed.

Low key acquisition with an eye for the future.

Holds the fort down now and forces giles and bagley into the gym

Solid numbers - 12.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per contest while shooting 62.4 percent from the field and 63.2 percent from the free-throw line.

Javale would be fantastic option as the backup C

Kings should spend modestly on a Jordan, get Javale for the backup, then over spend for the backup SF and PG spots on 2 yo 3 year deals that will expire when our youngsters are up for big deals

Kings need a quality starting C which McGee is not unless you are the Warriors or have LBJ on your team.

Next year majority of the big man minutes should be accounted for by the starting C, Bagley, Giles and the leftovers taken over by Bjelica.

If McGee is the answer, then you are asking the wrong question.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kings need a quality starting C which McGee is not unless you are the Warriors or have LBJ on your team.

Next year majority of the big man minutes should be accounted for by the starting C, Bagley, Giles and the leftovers taken over by Bjelica.

If McGee is the answer, then you are asking the wrong question.
Not the answer. But a small piece.

Not the answer. But a small piece.
Not if you are planning to play Harry and Bagley some significant minutes. Bagley will start. Harry is not ready to start yet. So the big man next to Bagley has to be a genuine starter in the NBA. McGee is not a genuine starter on a play off team unless you are GSW or you have LBJ on your team.

Kings need to get a C that is at least a level if not two above McGee if we are serious about getting to where we want to be.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Maybe the Kings are going have center by committee next year. Maybe they'll have three guys who can play that position (four, if you include Bagley). Vuc seems like a long shot to me, but if you add a guy like McGee and some other lower priced complementary center types who are competitive, it could work quite well.

Maybe the Kings are going have center by committee next year. Maybe they'll have three guys who can play that position (four, if you include Bagley). Vuc seems like a long shot to me, but if you add a guy like McGee and some other lower priced complementary center types who are competitive, it could work quite well.
Each summer there is a big money max or close to max guy we go after. Vlade hasnt been shy. I predict Vuc will be this years guy.

With that being said, missing out on him and needing to platoon the position would be a positive for me. We were blessed in missing out on LaVine and if similar happens with Vuc it will be a boon also. There are enough vet bigs available who can supplement our youth and to me that is the best way forward, ensuring we prioritize our youth who in the end are entering their most important years pre championship run.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Each summer there is a big money max or close to max guy we go after. Vlade hasnt been shy. I predict Vuc will be this years guy.

With that being said, missing out on him and needing to platoon the position would be a positive for me. We were blessed in missing out on LaVine and if similar happens with Vuc it will be a boon also. There are enough vet bigs available who can supplement our youth and to me that is the best way forward, ensuring we prioritize our youth who in the end are entering their most important years pre championship run.
I'm sold on Vuc on offense, but I haven't seen enough of him to be certain of him on defense. If the Kings are going to pay that kind of $$$ for him, they've got to get a two-way player. I'm sitting on the fence right now...

McGee played at the University of Nevada. He plays under control now much better than in the past. SLAB made some good observations. McGee is highly athletic for a big man and can bang down low. why do think the Worriers signed him? He is the type of player the Kings need on the bench when Bagley and Giles have match up problems. This is a great idea.