KingsFans.com Free Agency Wish List: 4th Choice?

If all Free Agents would sign with the Kings at market value, who would be your 4th choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KingsFans.com Free Agency Wish List
#1 Kevin Durant
#2 Kawhi Leonard
#3 Nikola Vucevic

If all Free Agents would sign with the Kings at market value (with the exception of Durant, Leonard, & Vucevic), who would be your 4th choice?

Assumptions:
  • For unrestricted free agents, all free agents would sign with the Kings if we matched the best offer given to them in FA (similar to how restricted free agency works). This means that your 1st choice may not come down to the best player, but perhaps the player you think would have the most valuable contract.
  • For restricted free agents, consider how much we would have to pay to potentially lure them away
  • Barnes opts into his contract.
  • The decision around Cauley-Stein's FA is left up to you.

Please do not let the line of thinking "that's unrealistic" come into play when making your decision. Basketball executives still put a name down for #1, #2, #3, etc. on their draft board despite having the 10th pick. Let's make this a similar exercise.

Also, nominate a new free agent in a comment down below. The player who gets the most votes will replace the winner as a new option in the next poll.

Best player on that list is Kyrie, but him and Fox can't co-exist. 2nd best player? Jimmy Butler. He's got my vote.

I still think this Kings team is missing an alpha. Butler could be just that.

Best player on that list is Kyrie, but him and Fox can't co-exist. 2nd best player? Jimmy Butler. He's got my vote.

I still think this Kings team is missing an alpha. Butler could be just that.
I hear you about Butler but I’m just not seeing the long term fit with Fox and Bagley. Theres just not enough shooting to make that tandem work. I’d have to opt for some of these other top tier free agents before I consider Butler.

I hear you about Butler but I’m just not seeing the long term fit with Fox and Bagley. Theres just not enough shooting to make that tandem work. I’d have to opt for some of these other top tier free agents before I consider Butler.
While I agree that shooting is a sore-spot, I do think Butler has vastly improved his shooting to the point where he's a consistent threat beyond the arc. With this Kings group, you need a verbal leader and a scoring alpha. Out of everyone on that list, Butler is the best. Butler is also a very good defender which would help make up for Buddy and our other wings.

Someone like Middleton would be more of a fit because of his shooting, but he doesn't bring the alpha mentality nor leadership. He's more of a quiet Rudy-Gay type player. I think his praises on defense have been dragged on way too much as he no longer emphasizes that side of the ball ever since he became a more dominant offensive player. Middleton wouldn't solve any of our main problems.

Klay is a great player, but same problems as Middleton as he doesn't necessarily fill our need of having a leader on this team nor #1 option.

I think this team desperately needs a go-to player. Despite Fox averaging 17ppg this season, his Ben Simmons level of passiveness drives me freaking insane. Marvin Bagley has shown some alpha scoring ability as he really tried to step up, but he's a work in progress. I stand by the notion that this team absolutely collapsed after the ASB and the players gave up on the team. There was no leadership in the locker room to keep them together(after Shumpert got traded). Butler is the type of player and person who would not accept that half-assed BS we saw. Accountability often fell at the hands of Joerger which is ironic since that he's now fired, 1/2 of the fanbase is trying to take his credit of 39 wins away. I think Butler could help our players grow and develop with his mentality.

While I agree that shooting is a sore-spot, I do think Butler has vastly improved his shooting to the point where he's a consistent threat beyond the arc. With this Kings group, you need a verbal leader and a scoring alpha. Out of everyone on that list, Butler is the best. Butler is also a very good defender which would help make up for Buddy and our other wings.

Someone like Middleton would be more of a fit because of his shooting, but he doesn't bring the alpha mentality nor leadership. He's more of a quiet Rudy-Gay type player. I think his praises on defense have been dragged on way too much as he no longer emphasizes that side of the ball ever since he became a more dominant offensive player. Middleton wouldn't solve any of our main problems.

Klay is a great player, but same problems as Middleton as he doesn't necessarily fill our need of having a leader on this team nor #1 option.

I think this team desperately needs a go-to player. Despite Fox averaging 17ppg this season, his Ben Simmons level of passiveness drives me freaking insane. Marvin Bagley has shown some alpha scoring ability as he really tried to step up, but he's a work in progress. I stand by the notion that this team absolutely collapsed after the ASB and the players gave up on the team. There was no leadership in the locker room to keep them together(after Shumpert got traded). Butler is the type of player and person who would not accept that half-assed BS we saw. Accountability often fell at the hands of Joerger which is ironic since that he's now fired, 1/2 of the fanbase is trying to take his credit of 39 wins away. I think Butler could help our players grow and develop with his mentality.
Yes, Butler was really helpful for growth and development of the young players in Minnesota!

Yes, Butler was really helpful for growth and development of the young players in Minnesota!
That was a bad trade that I was never really a fan of. Minnesota had something good going, but they decided to opt for an older player in attempt to speed up their rebuilding process. Nothing wrong with that, except it was through trade which meant young players and assets came at the expense.

Butler did a good job in his 1st season in Minnesota, but afterwards, he struggled to rally the troops because some of them just didn't have the motivation to improve. They lacked the want to be better. I don't see that in our group despite all the bad stuff I've been saying about them. They just need a leader.