Divac extended

On the yes part, don't think I would like the thumbs down because it would discourage dissenting opinions. People of dissenting opinions often have rational reasons for them that happen to be unpopular.
I disagree with the 1st sentence. A good deal wouldn’t care and would post thoughtless nonsense regardless. But others may well take it as a sign that they need to put more effort into their posts by supporting their hot takes with sound reasoning and/or factual evidence.

As for the 2nd sentence, those that do that wouldn’t get a negative remark or thumbs down from me. I appreciate a well thought out and reasoned opinion regardless whether I agree with it or not. It gives both parties something to work with in terms of a back and forth discussion.

It’s all a moot point, as nothing will be changing. Just expounding on my initial sarcastic comment.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No and yes. On the yes part, don't think I would like the thumbs down because it would discourage dissenting opinions. People of dissenting opinions often have rational reasons for them that happen to be unpopular. On the no part, I view a post with no likes as somewhat neutral. Doesn't rank worthy of special praise but not necessarily bad either.
The board owner could have opted for a dislike button and made the conscious decision not to have it, partially for the exact reason you have stated.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
BTW, the lottery tiebreaks were today and luckily the Kings got the #14 pick (pre-lottery) slotted today.

As long as long as we don’t jump to the top 3, we would be giving up the #14 pick to Boston.
What’s the percentage of jumping from 14? It’s only like 1 or 2, yeah?

BTW, the lottery tiebreaks were today and luckily the Kings got the #14 pick (pre-lottery) slotted today.

As long as long as we don’t jump to the top 3, we would be giving up the #14 pick to Boston.
Boston had a bad day. Lost the flip with OKC, lost a 3 way tie LA Clippers/San Antonio/Indiana, lost a 3 way tie with Kings/Charlotte/Miami, and ended up second in the Memphis/New Orleans/Dallas

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_draft_lottery

Actually, 2.4%. 12/13/14 aren't shared odds. 1/2/3 are shared odds.

Edit: My bad, I forgot we were in a three-way tie. 1/2/3 are shared odds by the new rules, 12/13/14 are sharing odds because of the three way tie. So actually, almost a 5% chance we jump up. o_O
Yep. 4% is pretty close to almost 5%.

But in your defense I have relatives who work for Boston so I had reason to watch it closely.

You know, I KNEW that. My small but loud voice in my head really doesn't know jack a lot of the time.
I know. I’ll readily admit when I read about the #1 pick protection a little over a year ago I at first thought maybe it was protected for the KINGS but was somehow unknown by fans. Not too long later my hopes were dashed and I’ve been so so sad since. ;)