[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Friday, April 5th - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes won’t be extended this summer, I’m assured in saying that.

Will be interesting to see what he looks like next year

I’m just surprised by the Barnes experience so far. I was expecting him to either be a factor either positively or negatively, not go by without notice

You're literally the only person saying he has been a non-factor.
I think many are not as blunt as I am about opinions, but that doesn’t mean I’m any type of extreme minority

The fact that the team has been measurably worse with him hints to that. Now there are many factors other than him going on, but you don’t fork over major loot for a player that hasn’t had a measurable impact

But aesthetically we can disagree, on whether he’s been a factor

You keep saying that, over and over and over. I don’ t agree that a philosophy has changed. I think the change has more to do with adjustments teams have made defensively and the tiring of young legs.

Teams don't adjust you into posting up out of almost every position. You draw that up and execute it. The Kings were already 20th in 3 attempts per game, and post all star even though they added another 40% shooter at the deadline and played smaller they shot even less and went down to 25th. That tells the story and no, teams didn't force them into it either.

well yeah, because what he displayed in Kentucky did not translate over to the NBA. He did a complete 360 on the Kings.

In fairness they haven't completely committed to using him similarly. Almost the only reason he was drafted that high was because of how he looked in their defensive switch scheme and the Kings have been wishy washy about doing that since his arrival. Being a lob/pick and roll finisher on offense and a pick and roll switcher on defense is where his potential has always been. All that he's going to be better than KG hype prior to the draft was ridiculous from day 1. His pre draft trainers never should have done that to him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
In fairness they haven't completely committed to using him similarly. Almost the only reason he was drafted that high was because of how he looked in their defensive switch scheme and the Kings have been wishy washy about doing that since his arrival. Being a lob/pick and roll finisher on offense and a pick and roll switcher on defense is where his potential has always been. All that he's going to be better than KG hype prior to the draft was ridiculous from day 1. His pre draft trainers never should have done that to him.
I don't see any pundits or scouts labeling him a KG. He displayed no offensive arsenal in Kentucky and that still remains to this day in his Pro career.

Teams don't adjust you into posting up out of almost every position. You draw that up and execute it. The Kings were already 20th in 3 attempts per game, and post all star even though they added another 40% shooter at the deadline and played smaller they shot even less and went down to 25th. That tells the story and no, teams didn't force them into it either.
When you are unable to run, you are forced into a half court offense. One of our issues , all year long, is iso play in the half court. Our worst is iso post play without off ball movement. You hear Joeger harp on this often.
Again, this all started by teams stunting our pace assisted by our weary young team.

Status
Not open for further replies.