Whine and moan about your Fantasy Hoops team(s) ITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I fell victim to the dreaded "questionable" last night: with a packed lineup and running late to update my rosters, I had to make a split-second decision on Tyreke, and missed out on those numbers for three of my five squads. :mad:

I fell victim to the dreaded "questionable" last night: with a packed lineup and running late to update my rosters, I had to make a split-second decision on Tyreke, and missed out on those numbers for three of my five squads. :mad:
I’m right there with you Slim, I benched Tyreke thinking he wouldn’t play, didn’t get to check the update that he was good to go and watched in agony as Reke did what Rekes been doing this year.....on my bench!:mad:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You know it's not your night when your squad puts up big numbers, and you still get smoked.

Meanwhile, the ol' "Game Time Decision" got me again. This time, with Waiters Island, who I made a last-second decision to sit in the KingsFans Daily League, going against Boston's defense, and coming off an oh-fer, in favor of McCollum, who was held to five points.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know what sucks? Being in a keeper league and missing the draft. :p

I am having fun right now, considering the ONLY player I have that's doing anything is Demarcus Freaking Cousins. I've got a couple of project players I'm holding on to but I'm gonna be really active in moving players in and out of my roster. It's not like I've got much to lose. I'm certainly not gonna make the playoffs so I might as well consider this a "LEARNING" season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like to take a moment to thank Yahoo for voiding all my roster pre-sets because I changed one player. Nothing beats seeing 60 some points sitting on your effing bench. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate football...

All my fantasy teams are screwed today, because I didn't realize until 12:30 that all the games started at 12:00, so as not to be counter-programmed against the ****ing Super Bowl. :mad:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I have a weird streak going with Fantasy Leagues, where I've never won a league where I went into the playoffs as the Number One seed. Lost yet another one this past week.

On the other hand, I also won a public league, after a crazy gambit paid off. So, I'm back in the winner's circle for the first time since 2012.

Well, after 15 years of playing in the "official" KingsFans league, I was poised to finally grab the championship. A long lull in the winter where I missed setting my weekly lineup and checking the waiver wire didn't seem like it was going to cause any problems as I easily made it into the playoffs as the 2 seed and beat semi-final opponent JSin handily.

While on vacation I checked the latest tallies for the finals against catch22 with only a couple days left in the NBA season. I was up 7-2, and had significant leads in 4 categories (compared to 1 for my opponent). The next day it was 6-2-1, but again, catch22 would have to pass or stay ahead of me in all 4 categories that were close on the last day of the season.

He didn't quite do it. He nabbed only 3 of those, but he tied the fourth, which left us tied 4-4-1 at the end of the final matchup.

Tiebreaker was head-to-head tallies in the fantasy regular season, in which we were tied at 9-9 going into our third matchup. Of course, that last matchup happened during my winter downtime and I had been beaten handily.

catch22 gets 1st place. I get another near miss.

I don't want to go over every little thing that could have gone differently, but let's just say a if a butterfly had just flapped its wings in Philadelphia maybe I don't score 24 points from a group that averages over 90, or if perhaps a flea had just farted in Oklahoma City I could have gotten one fewer turnover from a guy gunning for 20 rebounds/20 assists.

:rolleyes::(

Final tally: KFFinals.PNG
Last day: KFLastDay.PNG

yep, I thought I was done couple of days before the end of the season.

The last weeks are just a lottery and mess anyway. My top 3 picks from the draft played total of 5 games during those final 10 days.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It would sure be nice if the lockdown was lifted on my keeper league so I could do some player acquisitions.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
My bad. As I just messaged the league, I have notifications for the league set up to go to my Yahoo account, which doesn't ping to my phone, because of reasons, and I got out of the habit of checking my email from my desktop, because I browse almost exclusively from an incognito window, and I don't like to go through the hassle of logging into stuff.

Also, Hidden Dragons didn't remind me about Clarkson, and I don't think I've made a single add/drop all season, so I legit forgot that I had locked everybody out. :oops:

EDIT - Yeah, I just noticed that the last time I checked my email was Christmas Eve. Oops.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Figures that Paul George would be putting up MVP numbers when the rest of my team is stank. At this point, I feel like I have no choice but to keep him, and I fully expect him to turn back into a pumpkin next year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The stupid "load management" trend kills fantasy owners with good players in our fantasy playoffs. I'm just in the consolation bracket, but I don't appreciate one (or more) of my stronger players sitting idly by when he could be out there helping me win. I know some of the owners of real contending fantasy teams must get very frustrated. What's the use of having a Steph Curry, for example, if he's off hosting a birthday party for his wife when you need him to secure a berth in the next round of fantasy playoffs?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Figures that Paul George would be putting up MVP numbers when the rest of my team is stank. At this point, I feel like I have no choice but to keep him, and I fully expect him to turn back into a pumpkin next year.
I agonized and finally decided not to keep Bogdan Bogdanovic. This pretty much guarantees he'll have an all-star season next year, especially if I don't buckle and redraft him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
****!

I got caught slipping, and forgot to get D'Angelo Russell into my lineup in my public league: championship round, and it's close as hell, as it is.

That could be a back-breaker for me, especially if anybody else gets the dreaded Lima Mike.

Well, after 15 years of playing in the "official" KingsFans league, I was poised to finally grab the championship. A long lull in the winter where I missed setting my weekly lineup and checking the waiver wire didn't seem like it was going to cause any problems as I easily made it into the playoffs as the 2 seed and beat semi-final opponent JSin handily.

While on vacation I checked the latest tallies for the finals against catch22 with only a couple days left in the NBA season. I was up 7-2, and had significant leads in 4 categories (compared to 1 for my opponent). The next day it was 6-2-1, but again, catch22 would have to pass or stay ahead of me in all 4 categories that were close on the last day of the season.

He didn't quite do it. He nabbed only 3 of those, but he tied the fourth, which left us tied 4-4-1 at the end of the final matchup.

Tiebreaker was head-to-head tallies in the fantasy regular season, in which we were tied at 9-9 going into our third matchup. Of course, that last matchup happened during my winter downtime and I had been beaten handily.

catch22 gets 1st place. I get another near miss.

I don't want to go over every little thing that could have gone differently, but let's just say a if a butterfly had just flapped its wings in Philadelphia maybe I don't score 24 points from a group that averages over 90, or if perhaps a flea had just farted in Oklahoma City I could have gotten one fewer turnover from a guy gunning for 20 rebounds/20 assists.

:rolleyes::(

Final tally: View attachment 7603
Last day: View attachment 7604
Ok... so @andjel and I are back again this year and I'm pre-emptively posting in this thread because I just know it's not going to end well.

In addition to the heartbreak in the above post, I finished second as the #1 seed the year before. I've also had several other heartbreaks in this league going back over a decade.

I guess I did get just revenge on a couple of those. In both the 2005 and the 2006 seasons' playoffs, @Bricklayer beat me 5-4 and if memory serves he's done the same in other leagues. So this year we met again in the semi-finals. I check in last night and he was ahead 5-4 again, including a 0.001 lead in FT%. A few hours and a couple missed Jabari Parker free throws later and I win 5-4, with that narrow victory in FT% and a 19-18 win in blocks. Revenge is sweet. But a potential third straight finals loss clouds any celebration. I'll be sure to keep you all updated as I know you're on the edge of your seat.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm beginning to think holding on to DMC during the 2018-2019 season may have been the best decision I've ever made in my keeper league. Cautiously optimistic. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agonized and finally decided not to keep Bogdan Bogdanovic. This pretty much guarantees he'll have an all-star season next year, especially if I don't buckle and redraft him.
See! I decide not to keep him and all of a sudden he's back to form. I should demand some kind of payment from the Kings.

This is setting itself up nicely as a repeat of last year. Currently beating @andjel 6-3, including a 206-205 lead in rebounds and 43-42 in steals. Can't wait for Ben Simmons to set the record for steals on the last day of the season while my team gets an 0-fer.

Picked up our old friend Willie Cauley-Stein off the wire a week ago thinking, “hey with Thompson, Curry, Green, DLo all missing some time SOMEBODY has to put up stats”
That somebody has not been Willie...utter garbage. UGH

My attention span diminishes when roster adjustments are weekly rather than daily. Regardless of the sport. That seems to be the case with me. I do a lot more churning and research in leagues with daily roster change capabilities. That said, still wounded from Zion and Griffen injuries.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My attention span diminishes when roster adjustments are weekly rather than daily. Regardless of the sport. That seems to be the case with me. I do a lot more churning and research in leagues with daily roster change capabilities. That said, still wounded from Zion and Griffen injuries.
I signed up for a weekly league for the very first time this season. Not my cup of tea at all.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That's why I quit the KingsFans league after one year. As much as I enjoy the challenge of a twenty-team league (because, honestly, competing in a league where it actually matters whether you play Francisco Garcia or not, I'm here for that), I don't have the temperament for a weekly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's why I quit the KingsFans league after one year. As much as I enjoy the challenge of a twenty-team league (because, honestly, competing in a league where it actually matters whether you play Francisco Garcia or not, I'm here for that), I don't have the temperament for a weekly.
Somewhat ironically (for me), I didn't think I'd like the Keeper league as much as I have (my numerous errors notwithstanding). I still have way too much homer in my blood to be truly competitive, but I'm having fun. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I mean, it's come back to bite me, too: I'm not a homer, as such, but I still have biases. I will pass up obvious whales like LeBron James and Anthony Davis, just because they play for the gd lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.