what was the last movie you watched?

FWIW, I loved Bohemian Rhapsody. My wife also loved it to the point we bought the movie. I try to go into a movie to be entertained without getting to deep into reality, but that’s just my approach. Was never a huge fan of Queen so I didn’t know all the inaccuracies nor did I care.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
FWIW, I loved Bohemian Rhapsody. My wife also loved it to the point we bought the movie. I try to go into a movie to be entertained without getting to deep into reality, but that’s just my approach. Was never a huge fan of Queen so I didn’t know all the inaccuracies nor did I care.
And I get that, too. But it really has turned me off of most "based on reality" movies. I know I miss a lot of good movies for that reason, but the intentional use of a movie as "propaganda" really rankles me. Be fair and stick to the story as best you can without intentionally making one side look bad just because you have an agenda to drive. You want to tell it differently? Then fictionalize it. Use other names, etc.. Easy-peasy.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Oh, and I saw Alita: Battle Angel last night. Seemed to wander that boundary between a young adult film and something more substantial, but did neither in a very convincing manner. Seemed just a bit off on the dialogue or pacing at times, but I found it to be something different and overall enjoyable. Definitely sets up a sequel. Visuals were overall very good, with entertaining action sequences. Some fun little humorous jabs in there had me laughing. If you are into these kinds of movies it isn't the greatest but you will likely find it entertaining. Looking forward to see what they do with the sequel.

You planning on sharing any particular thoughts or insights about these movies? That is kind of the point. I know these movies exist. It would be nice to get some kind of opinion of whether they are worth watching. I don't think anyone watches this thread just to get a straight list of what people happen to have seen.
Mile 22 - felt too rushed, Wahlberg's charcter seemed off but it's a decent watch

Night School - if you are interested in laughing for 90 minutes, this is the one to watch. Hart delivers as usual

Peppermint

Jennifer Garner plays a butt kicking mom and it's not something one is accustomed to but considering her role, she did a fine job here. It's a decent watch, lots of action

Oh, and I saw Alita: Battle Angel last night. Seemed to wander that boundary between a young adult film and something more substantial, but did neither in a very convincing manner. Seemed just a bit off on the dialogue or pacing at times, but I found it to be something different and overall enjoyable. Definitely sets up a sequel. Visuals were overall very good, with entertaining action sequences. Some fun little humorous jabs in there had me laughing. If you are into these kinds of movies it isn't the greatest but you will likely find it entertaining. Looking forward to see what they do with the sequel.
It felt like one of the kinds of movies that tried to be both for the mindless action enthusiast as well as provide some deep thinking if you wanted to go that route. It was heavier on the action and I enjoyed it overall. Will watch it again when it hits cable and I'm in the mood to dig into the philosophical and social topics it hinted at.

Mahershala is coming on the scene, I first got introduced to him in Luke Cage, and now he is in True Detective and doing an exceptional job. He will be the next big time actor. book it.
SPOILER

SPOILER

>>

Same way I was introduced to him. Starting up True Detective soon as well. Won his second Oscar, he is already the next big time actor.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Just got back for seeing Captain Marvel. LOVED it!

I don't know how they're going to break up the Infinity Gauntlet in Endgame, since they've already veered heavily away from the comic storyline that the movie is loosely based on. But, once they do, Thanos is catching the fade from Carol, son!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Just got back for seeing Captain Marvel. LOVED it!

I don't know how they're going to break up the Infinity Gauntlet in Endgame, since they've already veered heavily away from the comic storyline that the movie is loosely based on. But, once they do, Thanos is catching the fade from Carol, son!
I thought it was pretty decent. I don't think the writing was *quite* up to par with the best of the Marvel movies, and a few things just didn't "click" like I think they should, but I am going to see it again on Sunday I think to try to catch anything I missed the first time.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty decent. I don't think the writing was quite up to par with the best of the Marvel movies, and a few things just didn't "click" like I think they should, but I am going to see it again on Sunday I think to try to catch anything I missed the first time.
I thought Brie Larson was fantastic in the movie. Great line delivers and I really enjoyed the dialogue with her and Jackson. She's also from Sacramento which is really cool. I don't read the comics, but my friend who does watched the movie but didn't like it. However, he thought Larson played an amazing Captain Marvel.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I thought Brie Larson was fantastic in the movie. Great line delivers and I really enjoyed the dialogue with her and Jackson. She's also from Sacramento which is really cool. I don't read the comics, but my friend who does watched the movie but didn't like it. However, he thought Larson played an amazing Captain Marvel.
I read the comics, and I thought it was great. You could make the argument that it wasn't "true" to the comics, I guess, but I'm not "that" kind of comic book fan. Carol Danvers has had 2 or 3 different origin stories in the comics, and what they went with for the movies was kind of an amalgamation of a couple of them, with a modification of Mar-Vell's (the original Captain Marvel) origin, for good measure.

As a straight origin story, Captain Marvel is in my Top 3 Marvel movies. As a Marvel movie overall, it's in my personal Top 5.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I thought she did a pretty good job, and am very excited to see how she fits in with the rest of the Avengers in Endgame.

I never read many comics as a kid so I don't have preconceived notions about the characters going in.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I read the comics, and I thought it was great. You could make the argument that it wasn't "true" to the comics, I guess, but I'm not "that" kind of comic book fan. Carol Danvers has had 2 or 3 different origin stories in the comics, and what they went with for the movies was kind of an amalgamation of a couple of them, with a modification of Mar-Vell's (the original Captain Marvel) origin, for good measure.

As a straight origin story, Captain Marvel is in my Top 3 Marvel movies. As a Marvel movie overall, it's in my personal Top 5.
Eh, I don't think top 5. I'd probably rank (in no particular order) at least these ahead of it:

Avengers
Infinity War
Civil War
Winter Soldier
Iron Man 2

That doesn't take away from Captain Marvel at all, I just think these were better overall movies. And I know IM2 isn't a popular choice - most people pan it but I like that one, including the introduction of Black Widow (who really needs her own movie, by the way).

I don't feel like going Obnoxious Fanboy over this; I'll just say that I only have two of those movies in my Top 5. You like what you like, and that's cool.
I don't really make these lists and yet I am sure if I did sit down mine would look nothing like that either. Iron Man 2 jumps out in particular because I was super psyched on that one and yet I've never been able to love it.

One thing I will say is that aside from a few turds, they've done a really good job and I could see why the lists are all over the place after you dump things like the Hulk and the second Thor movie (which I admit I own on blu-ray but have not gotten around to watching) at the bottom. I was looking at a ranking list that had Guardians 2 at the bottom after the above just the other day which gave me a chuckle since for whatever reason that flick kickstarted my interests again.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I don't feel like going Obnoxious Fanboy over this; I'll just say that I only have two of those movies in my Top 5. You like what you like, and that's cool.
I don't really make these lists and yet I am sure if I did sit down mine would look nothing like that either. Iron Man 2 jumps out in particular because I was super psyched on that one and yet I've never been able to love it.

One thing I will say is that aside from a few turds, they've done a really good job and I could see why the lists are all over the place after you dump things like the Hulk and the second Thor movie (which I admit I own on blu-ray but have not gotten around to watching) at the bottom. I was looking at a ranking list that had Guardians 2 at the bottom after the above just the other day which gave me a chuckle since for whatever reason that flick kickstarted my interests again.
I 100% agree with both these statements. I feel like most of the Marvel films are lumped together as "pretty good movies" with a few (Hulk and Thor 2 especially) as not that great and a few that seem to really rise to the top (Slim, I know Black Panther is up there for you, and you have my top 5± above). But overall, I feel like the quality is generally there movie after movie and with the integrated storylines it keeps the MCU rolling along. But the tone and type of movies these are changes from movie to movie and, obviously, certain characters resonate more with certain people. That helps keep things fresher movie to movie as well.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

I will say that I saw it again today and I thought it was better the second time through. Again, VERY interested and excited to see how they play all this out in Endgame.