[Game] Kings @ Celtics - Thursday, March 14 - 4:30PT/7:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it’s a moral victory

Grant and Doug are giving the same lines

“They’re close. They played them tough”

“I mean you don’t care about Moral Victories...but they should feel good(about this moral victory)”

It’s okay. We’re “almost” good. We’re sure to get there! Because everything has broken swimmingly for Sacramento over the years.
Hey keep hating, but you know better than anyone that the Kings could go right back to 25 wins or under next season or for the next 10. They’ve only been decent for 6 years of my life, so why not enjoy the best season they’ve had in 12 years? I know, SLAB gunna SLAB, it’s cool I still enjoy your posts:cool::cool:

even Bagley isn't blameless - he sort of shot us out of the game honestly. But I don't want to try and pin it on one guy. They sucked in the 4th as a team.
One very consistent theme since the Kings have fallen off is that teams force the Kings to play iso when they have a big with the ball up top. When Bagley, Willie, and even Giles have the ball they are going to let them make a move as the first option. Bagley did alright and Giles can pass well from there if there is a gap but teams are using the data to their advantage. A big taking iso elbow jumpers probably won't get any team anywhere these days.

So 17 pt lead + 14 pt lead > 14 pt
The whole reason for going big was to matchup against Boston in crunch time since Bogi got destroyed by name your Celtics wing last game. Now the a Kings go big and it’s the same issue. In crunchtime, Boston pulls away.

Joeger puts in Bogi the last 2.5 mins and the game tightens a bit. Maybe he knows what he’s doing?

Anyone know our road record against playoff teams? I think we’ve beaten Jazz and Thunder 2x and that’s it. 2 of those games were early on in the year when teams were still figuring us out, the other one was against the Thunder after they played a 2OT. This is a major issue

The whole reason for going big was to matchup against Boston in crunch time since Bogi got destroyed by name your Celtics wing last game. Now the a Kings go big and it’s the same issue. In crunchtime, Boston pulls away.

Joeger puts in Bogi the last 2.5 mins and the game tightens a bit. Maybe he knows what he’s doing?
That game was at home without Irving. We are playing in Boston with Irving this time. If we played this boston team in Boston with that small lineup we prob lose by double digits.

Anyone know our road record against playoff teams? I think we’ve beaten Jazz and Thunder 2x and that’s it. 2 of those games were early on in the year when teams were still figuring us out, the other one was against the Thunder after they played a 2OT. This is a major issue
Dude, the Kings as a whole are only 11-25 against teams above .500. Not good. There has been a lot of tight games but the result is what it is.

Hate that. he seemed to have fresh legs to me

Bjelly gave us nothing

Yeah it sucks, but the Kings training staff and doctors set that. The problem in dealing with any ligament issues or soft tissue knee injuries is how it responds. Like Grant said during the game. I'm not sure there was a restriction but I doubt there wasn't.

gunks

Hall of Famer
As we have been for many years. Even the dark days had moral victory after moral victory. So tired of it... :(
Those dark days also had idiot owners, idiot GMs, bottom of the barrel coaches, draft bust after draft bust, terrible complimentary players around Cousins (Rudy? IT?! Get outta here with those empty stats cats!), and no young core to speak of (sorry, ex Donte Greene believers, he was always garbage).

Going into this off season we have the huge upside core of Fox, Bagley, and Giles. Fox and Bags could very well both be 20ppg guys for us as soon as next season.

We also have perfect complimentary pieces in Buddy and Barnes. And in the off chance Bogi pulls his head outta his butt, we have a legit 6th man.

The Joerger debate is cookin' at the moment, but I think we can all agree he's better than the rejects paraded through Sac during the Cousins era (Malone being the only guy one could argue for).

Vivek has chilled out. Vlade has made huge strides since the Philly debacle.

Moral victories suck, but this team is absolutely going to come back stronger next year. This ain't dark days optimism.

Dude, the Kings as a whole are only 11-25 against teams above .500. Not good. There has been a lot of tight games but the result is what it is.
Good lord I didn’t know it was that bad. Well I guess given we’re like 0-14 against Warriors, Clips, Nuggets and Rockets I guess I shouldn’t be surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.