Denver 1 min +150
@ Golden State 11 min. -16
@ OKC B2B 11 min. -17.6
@ Minn no minutes
Mil. 26 min. 31.9. (Giannis limited)
Clippers 18 min. -19.4
Knicks. 20 min. -1.9
Boston 18 min. -16.1

I think the story is if Bogdan and Barnes are shooting well (like Milwaukee) it’s a strong line-up. But if shooting how they have been for most of February we get killed on the boards.

Well we staked our chances on this line-up change and it has been awful. Other line-ups have a positive net rating but this one has been far too often negative.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
There’s no way Bogi should still be starting. On paper we’re so much more talented now... but this whack lineup isn’t cutting it.

Bogi can’t guard threes. And he’s been so bad on offense it doesn’t make up the difference.

There’s no way Bogi should still be starting. On paper we’re so much more talented now... but this whack lineup isn’t cutting it.

Bogi can’t guard threes. And he’s been so bad on offense it doesn’t make up the difference.
Agreed. After his 1st game starting it should've been obvious to everyone on the coaching staff.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It's a shame how inconsistent Bjeli is (and I'm not just talking about shooting)... if he could bring it every night, it would be problem solved!

Fox/Buddy/Barnes/Bjeli/WCS on paper is a dope lineup... but in practice, you don't know what the hell you're getting from the front court any given night. For all the crap WCS gets about consistent effort, I'd say Bjeli is even worse! Some nights he's a fiesty inside presence, other nights he's just pouting around and not hitting his 3s.

I really don't think Joerger wants to go small (dude has always been a twin towers/full sized lineup guy), he's just working with what he has. The bigs on this roster are either inconsistent (WCS, Bjeli, Giles), super dependent on match ups (KK), or injury prone (Bags).

It doesn't help that Bogi has **** the bed this season. That dude isn't gonna bother to guard 2s, let alone 3s.

It's a shame how inconsistent Bjeli is (and I'm not just talking about shooting)... if he could bring it every night, it would be problem solved!

Fox/Buddy/Barnes/Bjeli/WCS on paper is a dope lineup... but in practice, you don't know what the hell you're getting from the front court any given night. For all the crap WCS gets about consistent effort, I'd say Bjeli is even worse! Some nights he's a fiesty inside presence, other nights he's just pouting around and not hitting his 3s.

I really don't think Joerger wants to go small (dude has always been a twin towers/full sized lineup guy), he's just working with what he has. The bigs on this roster are either inconsistent (WCS, Bjeli, Giles), super dependent on match ups (KK), or injury prone (Bags).

It doesn't help that Bogi has **** the bed this season. That dude isn't gonna bother to guard 2s, let alone 3s.
Bjelly is guilty of allowing his defense to impact his offense. Of all the players on this year's team, the new freedom of movement rules have impacted him the most. He was an averageish defender before, but now that you can't even touch your player, he's an absolute liability on defense.

I don’t like Beli getting even backup mins. Bagley is better being the center of the offense in the 2nd unit for the season. Hard to get usage and restructure the offense with Fox/Buddy/Barnes etc. Plus I feel Bogs is just more seasoned. Hope Bagley can supplant WCS. But I’m still a BOgi guy, I understand the impatience of those who wouldn’t be

We seemed to be playing pretty well and winning close games before the all star break. Other line-ups have a positive net rating after the all-star break.

Miami 16 min +21
Phoenix . 0 minutes but small ball with Bagley 3 min -69.6
Denver 1 min +150
@ OKC B2B 11 min. -17.6
@ Minn no minutes
Clippers 18 min. -19.4
Knicks. 20 min. -1.9
Boston 18 min. -16.1
Knicks 15 min 0.00

Another game another bad result for this line-up. Replacing Bogi with Beli was a 14.8. Does Joeger stick with this line-up or go back to starting Bjeli with this group and bring Bogdan off the bench with Giles?

Personally I think if a change is made it might be Brewer at SF. Bogdan is struggling, and the second unit may benefit from a playmaker.

In addition to the issues with plugging in another PF (Beli IMO earning his demotion and actually looking in worse shape as season has went on, Bags usage), as I mentioned in the game thread there is the issue of whether or not Barnes is a PF in today’s game. Many said he was better in that position in Dallas, it seems Joerger may believe that.

I’d probably stick to BOgi though, personally, but I understand the concern with him

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Barnes has done nothing to show he can’t play SF in this league since he’s been acquired by us. It’s asinine that we finally got an elite sized SF and we instantly decide to put the square peg in the round hole that is PF.

We’re a better team with a normal starting lineup. Bjeli has his flaws, but he makes us better via us able to actually match up with the opponents and not instantly putting us in a self-imposed hole.

Barnes has done nothing to show he can’t play SF in this league since he’s been acquired by us. It’s asinine that we finally got an elite sized SF and we instantly decide to put the square peg in the round hole that is PF.

We’re a better team with a normal starting lineup. Bjeli has his flaws, but he makes us better via us able to actually match up with the opponents and not instantly putting us in a self-imposed hole.
Totally agree. I understand the idea of starting with a stretch 4, but with belly starting to play better again, would much rather put him back in the starting 5 with Barnes at the 3. I have yet to see Barnes get burned trying to defend speed at the 3 spot. in fact, by my eye test he seems to be our most solid defender on the team. fox and brewer both more dynamic/playmaking defenders but Barnes just plays damn good/smart D. I just don’t understand, at this point in the season, going away from what got us here. Even when belly wasn’t playing well, bringing bogi in off the bench seemed to be a better mix of resources.

Totally agree. I understand the idea of starting with a stretch 4, but with belly starting to play better again, would much rather put him back in the starting 5 with Barnes at the 3. I have yet to see Barnes get burned trying to defend speed at the 3 spot. in fact, by my eye test he seems to be our most solid defender on the team. fox and brewer both more dynamic/playmaking defenders but Barnes just plays damn good/smart D. I just don’t understand, at this point in the season, going away from what got us here. Even when belly wasn’t playing well, bringing bogi in off the bench seemed to be a better mix of resources.
Many feel Barnes is not athletic for SF

Personally I don’t think he’s athletic for SF, and may well be a stretch 4 going forward. Blob thinks that too, that Barnes lacks the “mobility” and “creativity” at SF. Joerger looks like he’s agreeing with us.

As much as I feel Beli has earned his right NOT to play, and I’ve wanted to see Buddy/Bogdan on the wings, the current lineup may do with the fact that a Joerger wants Barnes at PF

I swear it seems all the recent games it's dig us a hole with the small ball lineup, put in full sized lineup to catch up or take the lead, put back small ball to lose the lead, then put back full sized lineup to win the game or go small and lose the game. Might not be exact but sure feels like it.

Where is this idea of "Barnes can't play SF" coming from? He's played SF for almost all of his 7 seasons in the league. How is he not athletic enough? Do people forget that he was in the dunk contest? He hasn't lost much mobility since his GSW days. Just because he can play PF in stretches doesn't mean he's no longer a SF.

You guys are off to think he's too slow imo. I don't think "many" people think he can't play SF. I would say 95% of people think he can play SF.. with that 5% coming from who knows where

Where is this idea of "Barnes can't play SF" coming from? He's played SF for almost all of his 7 seasons in the league. How is he not athletic enough? Do people forget that he was in the dunk contest? He hasn't lost much mobility since his GSW days. Just because he can play PF in stretches doesn't mean he's no longer a SF.

You guys are off to think he's too slow imo. I don't think "many" people think he can't play SF. I would say 95% of people think he can play SF.. with that 5% coming from who knows where
From a guy who doesn’t understand the concept of interior defense with WCS...

It’s obviously coming from Joerger at this moment. I’d put his assessment above yours

Last edited:
From a guy who doesn’t understand the concept of interior defense with WCS...

It’s obviously coming from Joerger at this moment. I’d put his assessment above yours
It's funny when posters use "I'd use______'s assessment/choices/judgement over yours" line when it's something they agree with. Watch bagley come back from injury and it's fox, buddy, barnes, bags, wcs. Then what happens to this dj thinks Barnes can't play sf theory?

It's funny when posters use "I'd use______'s assessment/choices/judgement over yours" line when it's something they agree with. Watch bagley come back from injury and it's fox, buddy, barnes, bags, wcs. Then what happens to this dj thinks Barnes can't play sf theory?
Made up scenario. He had a chance to do that when Marvin was healthy. His first inclination is obviously to see if Barnes works at PF.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I can understand somewhat this screwed up small ball lineup of Bogs in with the starters when Bagley is out. After all, Bjelica is totally inconsistent, and some of it just has to do with the opposing team's matchup that he can't handle. But there is no way that next year we should see this if Bagley is injured for a few games. There needs to be roster changes on this team to prevent this small ball lineup from even being debatable in Joerger's mind next year. If Joerger had some legit big (not Bjelica) to substitute for Bagley, we wouldn't be having this discussion, imo. Given that rebounding has oftentimes been an issue even with Bagley in the lineup, there is that much more of a reason to add another legit big to the roster.

Miami 16 min +21
Phoenix . 0 minutes but small ball with Bagley 3 min -69.6
Denver 1 min +150
@ OKC B2B 11 min. -17.6
@ Minn no minutes
Clippers 18 min. -19.4
Knicks. 20 min. -1.9
Boston 18 min. -16.1
Knicks 15 min 0.00
Wash 12 min. -57.1

Another game another bad result for this line-up. Again replacing Bogi with Beli was a 10.3. How much data does Joeger need to figure out this line-up doesn’t work. Something that should have been obvious from Day 1. At this point his decision has cost us the playoffs. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us being over .500 now. Though as a Boston second team fan, Joeger is helping Boston out.

BTW had I been wrong I would have gladly eaten a plate a crow. There are a number of posters who should be stepping up with a plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.