Tracking former Kings players

Maybe this belongs in the NBA section? Move if you feel that's a better place for this.

So I don't see a tracking former Kings thread anywhere so I thought I would start one.

Shumpert tonight: 20 min, 3 points on 1-4

Justin Jackson tonight: A very Justin Jackson like performance. Hit a couple shots, put up little to nothing in every other stat column.

Does Bruno Caboclo count?

I thought his NBA career was finished, but he's managed to carve out a role in Memphis. They just signed him to a multi-year deal. I haven't seen him play so I couldn't tell you how he looks on the court, but I guess the Grizz have seen enough positives In his game to ink him to a deal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I thought his NBA career was finished, but he's managed to carve out a role in Memphis. They just signed him to a multi-year deal. I haven't seen him play so I couldn't tell you how he looks on the court, but I guess the Grizz have seen enough positives In his game to ink him to a deal.
If he wore the uniform of the Kings, I'd say he counts.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Another guy who I have a strange soft spot for. Hope he carves himself out something of a career.

J Jax had a brutal game tonight.

0-7 in 14 min
Justin Jackson........great guy but he may not be long for the NBA.

Dallas is going to want to surround Luka and Porzingis with "3 & D" type wing players that can hit wide open threes (especially from the corner).

So far in Justin Jackson's career his big problem is inability to hit wide open shots. If he wants to stay in the NBA he better gain 20 LBS of muscle this summer and figure out a way to start consistently making open shots. If that means changing his shot form then he needs to be willing to do that.

Justin Jackson........great guy but he may not be long for the NBA.

Dallas is going to want to surround Luka and Porzingis with "3 & D" type wing players that can hit wide open threes (especially from the corner).

So far in Justin Jackson's career his big problem is inability to hit wide open shots. If he wants to stay in the NBA he better gain 20 LBS of muscle this summer and figure out a way to start consistently making open shots. If that means changing his shot form then he needs to be willing to do that.
I think he is kind of guy that needs extra time to get himself aclimatized to new surrounding and gain that self-confident... I believe he will have a good next season

I think he is kind of guy that needs extra time to get himself aclimatized to new surrounding and gain that self-confident... I believe he will have a good next season
He should get better looks next season with a healthy Porzingis and Doncic drawing all the attention. It'll be his make or break season for me.

I'm watching a recording of the OKC vs Memphis game and Bruno Caboclo actually looks pretty damn good. He's driving and finishing at the rim which is something he never used to do. He used to just spot up from 3 all the time. He's drawing contact and had an impressive and 1. He's looked decent on D too. He's still raw and tends to look lost and indecisive on offense at times but overall he seems to have really refined his game.

I'm interested to see his career trajectory.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm watching a recording of the OKC vs Memphis game and Bruno Caboclo actually looks pretty damn good. He's driving and finishing at the rim which is something he never used to do. He used to just spot up from 3 all the time. He's drawing contact and had an impressive and 1. He's looked decent on D too. He's still raw and tends to look lost and indecisive on offense at times but overall he seems to have really refined his game.

I'm interested to see his career trajectory.
In fairness to all parties involved, the Grizzlies have absolutely nothing to lose as they valiantly try to win enough games to convey their pick this season while resting their star big man prospect for presumably the rest of the year and have a team constructed of pretty much nothing but Mike Conley and vets (JJJ and Brooks are pretty much the only two young guys on their roster worth writing home about and Joakim Noah has been their best player for most of the post Gasol trade stretch).

Meanwhile last season, Bruno was pretty much so far down the pecking order in his stint with us that he never really got the touches he needed as they all went to De'Aaron, Bogi, Buddy, and Skal instead.