[Game] Kings vs Clippers 3/1- 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's what they call being set these days?
I know someone is gonna argue against, cause that’s what always happens but no chance that wasn’t a blocking foul. That was a text book example of it. He wasn’t close to set and both feet were moving. He just jumped in front of Barnes and stopped.

The KINGS can’t get the benefit of game deciding calls in their own building. Total BS. And yes, I get that HB could have and probably should have stopped and passed out to a trailer for a 3. But still, utterly ridiculous call.

What else pissed me off was the first foul called on Swipa. He was whistled for doing exactly what Bledsoe did to him at the end of the previous game. Salt in an open wound. I love NBA basketball, but their officiating is easily the worst (and most biased) of the major sports and is what turns fans off most.

That all said, the KINGS played like trash against a team not all that good and ripe for the beating. They continue to allow marginal players to beat them and can’t grab defensive rebounds to save their regular season lives.

Swipa got fouled going for a couple of them, but for the most part it’s 4 dudes standing around the paint with 1 opposing player out-hustling and batting the ball out to a teammate on the perimeter.

What would we do in the postseason anyway? It's all about adjustments and Joerger can't adjust to save his life.
We match up well with golden state. I honestly don't think that is a facade. We would do well there.

At this stage we need to make it for development as much as anything. The guys need to taste it to continue to put in work. We're lacking in execution down the stretch and losing close ones, it's concerning but we have all the pieces to be highly successful. We just need the will and the gumption to do it

Since the break and after tonights terrible display they are still top 20 in percentage. However they are now 29th in attempts.
Season to Feb 5 Kings 38.2% from 3 (4th)

Feb 6 to now. Kings 33.1% from 3 (27th)

Blame it on Vlade or my choice blame it on Joeger’s line up change but the difference is stark.

We match up well with golden state. I honestly don't think that is a facade. We would do well there.

At this stage we need to make it for development as much as anything. The guys need to taste it to continue to put in work. We're lacking in execution down the stretch and losing close ones, it's concerning but we have all the pieces to be highly successful. We just need the will and the gumption to do it
I have no confidence left in the coach putting the players in position to do that. I'm tired of watching him do nothing while games slip away and on the other hand inexplicably go away from what is actually working.

Blame it on Vlade or my choice blame it on Joeger’s line up change but the difference is stark.
I dont think you can blame vlade. He gave dj the tools. It's up to the coach to use those tool correctly. X gives Y a gun to shoot a target. Y takes the gun and throws it at the target and misses. You dont blame X.

People were warned but no they though Barnes brought something. Let’s just be happy he’s getting more than 1 apg
Don’t get the Barnes hate. We still have seen the final form of Harrison Barnes, and he is passing and dunking with authority.

Him and Willie can stay, get rid of Bogie! We need talented role players like them. I don’t agree that Barnes isn’t a winner. Sorry.

Burks, Beli , Buddy and Bogi were missing everything, totally Joerger and the lineup changes fault.

Also Vlade’s fault guys.... Justin Jackson and Shump would have hit all those....Zbo too...:p

Burks, Bell, Buddy and Bogi were missing everything, totally Joerger and the lineup changes fault.

Let’s just blame Clade guys.... Justin Jackson and Shump would have hit all those....Zbo too...:p
Actually Beli has shot 38% since Feb. 1 and Burks hasn’t taken a shot. Perhaps you should check your data before being a smart ass

Harry Giles is the only guy who plays like he wants to win. Nobody has his fire out there in a Kings uniform. Yet he’s on the bench when the game is on the line. I don’t get it at all.

Also, the no call on the clearly flagorant foul on Bogi by Harrell was atrocious. It happened about 10 feet from my seat and the ref was right f’ing there. Absolutely unacceptable. Refs were trash tonight.

Speaking of Bogi, he’s gotta hit the bench. I’d rather see a Fox and Yogi back court and have Frank come off the bench. He’s just awful right now.

Actually Beli has shot 38% since Feb. 1 and Burks hasn’t taken a shot. Perhaps you should check your data before being a smart ass

Combined they missed 12 threes tonight, that’s what I was referencing. See my tongue sticking emojis ...they imply being playful, not a smart ass

EDIT: But I really do apologize for coming off that way, im upset too, but it’s just a a game

I mean I agree. If by judging all of the posts which say in their own words that the Kings are a crappy and horrible team, why would people be upset if we don't make the playoffs?? I mean if we are so disgustingly horrible, why the frustration? Afterall, we will probably only win 40 to 43 games which is so much worse then last year, correct?
40 games is the best possible outcome for this team.. wishful thinking after the play we've seen from this team post trades...

There are things wrong with the team other than starting low motor, one dimensional Beli. But here you are like a broken record

Fox without the imprint. BOgi. WCS. Barnes not being as good as hoped.

Beli continuing his stuff in the starting unit ranks way down there

If Bogi is better with the second unit I’d have Brewer with Barnes than continue anything with Beli

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's up with Bogdan but honestly
This has been the key lately. Other than the Bucks game, Bogie’s offensive slump has been killing this team. If he was shooting and scoring as he typically can, the KINGS would have won a couple of these recent games.

IDK if something is physically wrong with him that he’s not talking about or if it’s all mental, but something has been off with him all season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with the Kings showing us who they really are in these last 5 or 6 games, I think the excitement and high blood pressure can finally come back to normal now considering their slim odds of catching anyone at 8 and I'd much rather see them play free and natural than worrying about making mistakes and turning it over

The KINGS are 0-8 against GSW and LAC. But if the KINGS played against LAC the way they did in the 4 games against GSW — the sweep would have went the other way. The Clips just aren’t that good. Like most young teams, the KINGS play up and down to the level of competition and have too many lulls.

Not having MB3 for this game really hurt too.

They absolutely can win more then 40. Check out their schedule. Outside of this game and the Timberwolves game I think they have played really well. Sometimes you just play really good teams.
We have 9 home games left and 11 road games. The only big road wins we had all year we’re against the Jazz early and the Thunder the day after they went to 2OT. We might win 4 of those road games but I say 3. We have a decent chance of going 7-2 at home rest of the way (losses to Celtics and Rockets). So I’ll predict 41-41 and 2 games behind the Spurs and Clips

Harry Giles is the only guy who plays like he wants to win. Nobody has his fire out there in a Kings uniform. Yet he’s on the bench when the game is on the line. I don’t get it at all.

Also, the no call on the clearly flagorant foul on Bogi by Harrell was atrocious. It happened about 10 feet from my seat and the ref was right f’ing there. Absolutely unacceptable. Refs were trash tonight.

Speaking of Bogi, he’s gotta hit the bench. I’d rather see a Fox and Yogi back court and have Frank come off the bench. He’s just awful right now.
We had 5 line-ups that were a positive plus/minus tonight and Bogi was in 3 of them. In none of them was he playing the 3.

The worst line up by far was Fox, Hield, Bogi, Barnes and WCS.

There are things wrong with the team other than starting low motor, one dimensional Beli. But here you are like a broken record

Fox without the imprint. BOgi. WCS. Barnes not being as good as hoped.

Beli continuing his stuff in the starting unit ranks way down there

If Bogi is better with the second unit I’d have Brewer with Barnes than continue anything with Beli
Perhaps that’s because in the 5 line-ups that had a positive net rating tonight Beli was in 3 of them. Mostly because he actually is a threat from 3 and the Clippers had to honor him. I trust actual results way more than your eye.

But 40 wins is amazing, isn't it not? from where we were last year?
It depends on your frame of reference. If you take a step back and at the start of this season and said the Kings would win 40, most folks would be happy. But with the good play of the team, expectations have increased and the timeline has been moved up. The expectation now is that we make the playoffs, and honestly we are good enough to do so. But we keep screwing up and hope is beginning to slip.

Small ball these days seems to mean more two versatile forwards and less 2>>3 and 3>>>>4 like we do it. If Joerger is still insistent on playing small ball, there's still a way to address it in the offseason. But it all hinges on parting with WCS and shifting Bagley.

You can either play Bagley as a 4 and pair him with a C that more fits him. Vuvevic, Dedmon, maybe even Giles in due time.

Or you can shift Bagley to the 5 and get another forward. Aminu or a Morris twin perhaps. Hell, the door on Middleton or Harris shouldn't have been slammed just because we acquired Barnes. The 6'7"-6"9" switchable forward is the hot item in the NBA right now.

Small ball can still work with this crowd, but it can only work with two full sized forwards and not Bogi at the 3.

The KINGS are 0-8 against GSW and LAC. But if the KINGS played against LAC the way they did in the 4 games against GSW — the sweep would have went the other way. The Clips just aren’t that good. Like most young teams, the KINGS play up and down to the level of competition and have too many lulls.

Not having MB3 for this game really hurt too.
I firmly believe having him in there, as a full sized pf, we would have pulled down one of those late rebounds as well as punishing them down low like Doug kept saying we needed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.