2019 NBA All-Star Weekend Events (merged)

Do you watch all of the All-Star Weekend events?

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’d say the defense is weak but it’s close to regular season defense we’ve seen this year
I mean, it certainly helps when the other team has to defend Giannis, Steph, Embiid, and Paul George rather than Luka and a bunch of random guys but Dirk simply hit shots that he has been missing this season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
About to start watching is it bad? I haven’t watched an all star game in years
"Holy Hell" was exclaimed in reaction to this:

I'm not going to get into whether the All-Star Game is "bad" or not. I don't think it's bad, but I also never think it's bad. I enjoy the All-Star Game every single year: I feel like, if you don't like it, you may be watching the NBA to get something entirely different out of it than what I'm watching it for... so, I'm afraid that I can't answer that question for you.

I found the first half fun to watch regardless of the lack of d. Second half was an abomination with 3’s jacked every trip down for much of the game. It is what it is. Players have fun I guess and you get some amazing dunks every so often, but they aren’t as impressive as real in game dunks with some passion along with it. I’m not going to sit here and be an old man with the get off my lawn bit reminiscing about all star games of my youth, but it doesn’t really do anything for me. All star Saturday night is always much more fun than the actual game to me. All in all, the all star break is the lame week when we don’t have any real games to watch. Bring on Thursday in Oakland!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I'm not going to get into whether the All-Star Game is "bad" or not. I don't think it's bad, but I also never think it's bad. I enjoy the All-Star Game every single year: I feel like, if you don't like it, you may be watching the NBA to get something entirely different out of it than what I'm watching it for... so, I'm afraid that I can't answer that question for you.
So, I wonder what the Venn diagram looks like for folks who watch pro wrestling and those who enjoy the All-Star game. Seriously, not throwing shade. Your comment about "getting something different out of it" made me wonder about different individuals and their expectations and enjoyment of this particular NBA weekend, and how that might relate to other forms of entertainment that may have different expectations as the reason for their popularity.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not even sure how I would survey that. All I can tell you is, among the circles I normally navigate online, the two most high profile fans of the NBA All-Star game also happen to be two guys who are well known among those same circles as having nothing but contempt for pro rasslin'.