2019 NBA All-Star Weekend Events (merged)

Do you watch all of the All-Star Weekend events?

• Total voters

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I can't be the only person here who always watches the entire All-Star weekend, can I?
Maybe. I only watch the events that Kings players are in most years. The laugher that the AS game has become completely turns me off. I want to see players actually trying instead of forming dunk lines.

Buddy Hield to win. That is all for now folks. Information below

What: 2019 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest
When: Saturday, Feb. 16 | 8 p.m. ET (second event)
TV: TNT
Where: Spectrum Center

• Devin Booker, Suns
• Seth Curry, Trail Blazers
• Stephen Curry, Warriors
• Danny Green, Raptors
• Joe Harris, Nets
• Buddy Hield, Kings
• Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers
• Khris Middleton, Bucks
• Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks
• Kemba Walker, Hornets

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I mean, if Wade and Dirk are in the All-Star Weekend as a going away courtesy, where's the love for VC? I suppose he hasn't officially announced he will retire after this season but I'd imagine when he does or IF he does, put VC in the dunk contest.

Steph is in it again? Thats some hater nonsense trying to keep Buddy from his trophy. The league needs to move the F out of the way already and make way for the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thank Great God Naismith it's snowing outside. It's a lot more entertaining watching snow bombs drop from the trees than it is watching the Rising Stars Game. A couple of nice takes by Bags but of course they talk more about the pass than the finish. I think I'll just watch more of my Dexter marathon and want for tomorrow's events.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looks like DeFox is the only one who has any idea of the "team" concept and it's not doing him any service in this game. Fox is trying to steal, actually looking for open teammates etc. The rest of them are all about themselves. I am not happy at all. This showcases all the wrong principles. And yes, I'm fully aware I'm probably in the minority in thinking this sucks.

And let the Kuzma worship begin. God I hate the effing Lakers.

Oh crap. Sorry for the ill-timed comments. I didn't realize I had paused the game to go outside and get some firewood. :p

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Looks like DeFox is the only one who has any idea of the "team" concept and it's not doing him any service in this game. Fox is trying to steal, actually looking for open teammates etc. The rest of them are all about themselves. I am not happy at all. This showcases all the wrong principles. And yes, I'm fully aware I'm probably in the minority in thinking this sucks.

And let the Kuzma worship begin. God I hate the effing Lakers.

Oh crap. Sorry for the ill-timed comments. I didn't realize I had paused the game to go outside and get some firewood. :p
I thought you were going to go watch your Dexter marathon?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LOL! Nothing makes me laugh more than someone trying to make the showboat play of the night...and missing badly.

Ok so how did our boys look? Fox had an unbelievable amount of assists. Stats make it seem like he was the only one legitimately trying to play team basketball. He barely took any shots? Looks like Bogi did some damage. Same for Bagley.

How about Doncic?

Alright well ESPN just replayed highlights from the rising stars game and...I wouldn't even call that basketball.

It was basically a skills competition. Players "defending" the paint by slowly trotting and letting the opposing player drive by for big time dunks.

Dumb.