What Kings players are saying...

I think Bogs's remarks may be a tad premature, but I do believe in 2-3 years time they will be true. When you pair his game with the others it will eventually be just a brute force offensive game. With the additions that we made at the deadline, I think if we can keep everyone happy and feeling fairly paid, I think we're going to be a lot closer to being able to sustain that trademark pace we launched the season with.

Buddy's comments sounds like it's a direct shot at STR. Well deserved.

Was texting with an STR member last week and we we're both chuckling at some STR folks who are pulling up old, one off comments to make themselves look less of a critic than they have been over the last few years. "Always righteous, frequently contradictory."

Except for the Boogie trade, I always believed the Kings were doing the right things. Woj's comments about how Vlade was AWOL and my original scouting of Buddy thought we got hosed. Glad to be wrong about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing a 3-4 out of 10. They have no clue what it will be like when they make the playoffs. The only people that know were at the 1996 Sonics series.

https://www.nba.com/kings/video/2014/04/21/Game3mov-3245600

Look at the crowd during the first minute. Nobody sitting. This is10 mins before tip off. It started an hour before hand. Nobody was sitting before the game.

Last edited:
This is nothing a 3-4 out of 10. They have no clue what it will be like when they make the playoffs. The only people that know were at the 1996 Sonics series.

Look at the crowd during the first minute. Nobody sitting. This is10 mins before tip off. It started an hour before hand. Nobody was sitting before the game.
WHEN they make the playoffs...and I was there at that game too btw. Section 213 Row H seats 16 and 17.

I was there that night, and that was definitely the loudest I ever heard it in the old barn. The roar started when they came out of the tunnel for warmups and just kept going. Amazing intensity.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Yep, I was there. It was the look on the other teams faces that was worth the price of admission. As you said the crowd started roaring so loud you couldn't hear yourself think, and that was before the Kings even came out onto the floor. The other team was looking around trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Those were great times, and their coming again!

I was there that night, and that was definitely the loudest I ever heard it in the old barn. The roar started when they came out of the tunnel for warmups and just kept going. Amazing intensity.
Loudest I ever heard was actually the year prior when SEA was in town (same year they just barely missed out on the playoffs on last game of season in DEN). Kings were down like 10-13 (something like that) and closed the game out on a 31-1 run (something like that). It was freaking bedlam . Thought I was going to pass out
Btw this was a long time ago so I apologize if I was off on some of my details lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Surprised no one's mentioned this but apparently Doug Christie and De'Aaron are going to host the Sacramento editions of the Roadtrippin' podcast from now on.

The first episode is out and it is delightful. Doug might have dropped an F-Bomb talking about riding a Tesla with Vlade but aside from that it's a relatively family friendly listen and it's always interesting hearing Doug talk shop especially when it's with a player as cerebral and hardworking as De'Aaron is.