[Game] Kings v. Heat - Friday, 2/8 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reason #612 why I like Dave Joerger:

Female reporter - How does a win like this address the worries that were being expressed about chemistry with the trades? (Paraphrased)

Joerger - I don't know what you're talking about. There aren't any concerns inside the building.

:p :p :p

Damn I love Fox...but Buddy trying real hard to be that side chick.

Fox is tired. He might not have played enough to really hit the wall his rookie year but he's been bashing up against it the last month or so off an on. When he gets tired you can tell because he forces it into the paint. I want to see this team defer a little more to Barnes. Once they realize they have a player they can iso it will take some pressure off of Fox to do it. Bogdan too. Bogdan is so good in pick and roll he needs to force feed himself.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Somehow, Bogi with a decent looking line when it was all said and done. 16 point, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. Not a good shooting night but still only one miss away from 50% shooting on the night.
I guess shooters need to keep shooting and the shots eventually drop

Female reporter - How does a win like this address the worries that were being expressed about chemistry with the trades? (Paraphrased)

Joerger - I don't know what you're talking about. There aren't any concerns inside the building.

I loved that! he said it so seriously too.

Also, he mentioned some of the stuff we noticed - notably the bad matchup that was Marvin and J Johnson and such.... and how they finally figured out how to adjust to it. Glad we have a coach who can identify stuff like this, even if I can't understand some of the decisions he makes.

There was that point at about the 7 minute mark that we had it down to 5 and then the heat pushed it back up to 10. Seemed like that was it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fox is tired. He might not have played enough to really hit the wall his rookie year but he's been bashing up against it the last month or so off an on. When he gets tired you can tell because he forces it into the paint. I want to see this team defer a little more to Barnes. Once they realize they have a player they can iso it will take some pressure off of Fox to do it. Bogdan too. Bogdan is so good in pick and roll he needs to force feed himself.
Considering he just got here, I think he and the team are already showing that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ;)

I for one am very glad it's Dave Joerger making those decisions and not you.
The lineup we started the game with that included Barnes and Bjelica didn't work. Just as I suspected. We are not going to see a lot of those guys on the floor together. We abandoned that lineup to start the second half, with Bogi replacing Bjelica, and went with the lineup I wanted to see. We won the game down the stretch again with the same lineup of Budy Fox Barnes Bogi and Willie. I knew what the coach should do before he did but he figured it out fast enough.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The lineup we started the game with that included Barnes and Bjelica didn't work. Just as I suspected. We are not going to see a lot of those guys on the floor together. We abandoned that lineup to start the second half, with Bogi replacing Bjelica, and went with the lineup I wanted to see. We won the game down the stretch again with the same lineup of Budy Fox Barnes Bogi and Willie. I knew what the coach should do before he did but he figured it out fast enough.
Oh whatever... I certainly hope the "I" key on your computer/phone never wears out.

Status
Not open for further replies.