Welcome mr barnes

We would be crazy not to start him. Even if he plays like JJ and just stands outside and watches he is still going to get 14/6 on the night and the opposing teams defense will actually have to guard him.

I remember well the night when wayman came to us and the old place was rockin. The fans here deserve that feeling.

Start him.

.... it’s not like he could be worse than whatever Bogi’s been doing. :p
He's in the worst slump his career, probably including his Euro days. Bogi has made 7 out of his last 44 threes over his 7 games for 16% :confused:
I hope that having Burks as a combo guard with Yogi can get him freer looks with less effort. In fact I think this part of the motivation of flipping Shump for Burks to get more ball movement and penetration with the second unit. I am looking forward to seeing what Burks can brings as much as Barnes. I would be shocked if Barnes does not start tonight. I would say it is a near lock.

I can’t help to think Bogi is not 100% healthy. He was worn down late last year and with the surgery I believe it’s hampered his play.
They have brought him some help and looking forward after a couple of weeks to see how Bogi will be used.
He has done a lot for us and he is a keeper.

He's in the worst slump his career, probably including his Euro days. Bogi has made 7 out of his last 44 threes over his 7 games for 16% :confused:
I hope that having Burks as a combo guard with Yogi can get him freer looks with less effort. In fact I think this part of the motivation of flipping Shump for Burks to get more ball movement and penetration with the second unit. I am looking forward to seeing what Burks can brings as much as Barnes. I would be shocked if Barnes does not start tonight. I would say it is a near lock.
Have to wonder if Burks will also allow the team to sit Bogi and allow him to heal.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If all these #s are making your headspin this is the bottom line. There is not a direct correlation between % assisted baskets and FG%. In general though the more you shoot the majority of your FGAs through solid floor spacing and quick decisive passes it will positively correlate to your two point FG%. There is an efficient scorer waiting to emerge. If he can maintain his near 40% accuracy from 3, with Buddy having a contagious effect, continue to get to the line 4 FTAs per game and make 80% and shoot the majority of two point FGs off the catch and/or one power dribble vs elaborate high degree of difficulty juke moves, then the % of his assisted two point FGs will return to 60% like his GSW days. His two point FG% can get back near 50%. Then he can be a near 60% TS% exceeding his best days with the Warriors. This is one of the projections that the Kings analytics department likely made before choosing to pursue him.
I think you are right on the money, Blob. Another factor to consider is the psychological one. Per the Mavs announcer, Barnes may have gotten the word from his agent that the Mavs were interested in trading him for quite a while now. He thought that may have contributed to his style changing from "team ball" to one-on-one iso ball. The Mavs apparently were looking for someone to "take over" games in an iso manner. Barnes isn't that guy. I think with both Fox and Bagley creating space on the floor, and Buddy being the primary threat from outside, Barnes could absolutely thrive.

I've heard and read a number of times concerns about Barns willingness to pass and being a ball stopper and how the kings offense might be effected...thing is he is replacing shump and shump was not a passer soooooo how much damage can Barns at his worst really do?

Note: I think he will move the ball more than his mav tenure