Lakers Imploding

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Don't think AD is going to LAL this summer. The team is mired in misery now. Implosion isn't even strong enough anword.

Their offer of the entire team being offered up and getting denied going public has destroyed them.
Hopefully this doesn't blow up in the Pels face. Honestly, I'd still take the Lakers young trio over Tatum and the Kings/Grizz pick in this draft. But to each their own.

The Pelicans actually did it on purpose, because they believed that LeBron and the Lakers tampered with AD.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-pelicans-tried-sabotage-lakers-160034278.html

It's the Lakers and LeBron's arrogance that they think everyone will trade them their stars. I bet NO will trade him to Boston, just to spite the Lakers.
Double edged sword if true. On one hand, good for them. The Lakers and LeGM tried to implode the Pelicans season by coming out with this trade request. Way to not just do what everyone in the media wanted you to do and give in and trade him to the Lakers.

On the other hand, if they are trying to spite the Lakers and AD, then that could be a really bad look for them with future free agents and players.

Either way I'm supportive of it because screw the Lakers.

The Pelicans actually did it on purpose, because they believed that LeBron and the Lakers tampered with AD.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-pelicans-tried-sabotage-lakers-160034278.html

It's the Lakers and LeBron's arrogance that they think everyone will trade them their stars. I bet NO will trade him to Boston, just to spite the Lakers.
That comes from Windhorst, who is LeBron's personal mouthpiece. I'll buy that NO never wanted to deal with LA because LeBron and his folks were blatantly tampering, but it's also laughable at how much LA played itself given that Boston had expressed interest but has tied down until the end of season.

There's a lot of projection from team LeBron right now, I didn't like him going to LA but I admired it in sort of an Uncle Drew kind of way, that he might shape/re-mold a glamour franchise that has lost it's way. But that lasted a fraction longer than a cup of coffee.

On the other hand, if they are trying to spite the Lakers and AD, then that could be a really bad look for them with future free agents and players.

Either way I'm supportive of it because screw the Lakers.
I'm pretty sure all the FOs in the league right now are united on F the Lakers. You better believe this will be addressed in the next CBA.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
They mortgaged their future when they signed Lebron instead of developing their core and waiting until this summer

gunks

Hall of Famer
I've been following and it's sooooooo goooooood.

Fans are chanting "Lebron's gonna trade yooooou" at the Lakers young players during road games. Lavar is acting up again. Magic came out whining about how he wanted Fox but Mrs Buss forced him to take Lonzo. Pels basically came out saying they're ****ing with Magic out of spite.

Oh god. Schadenfreude overload! I need a cold shower and a cigarette.

I've been following and it's sooooooo goooooood.

Fans are chanting "Lebron's gonna trade yooooou" at the Lakers young players during road games. Lavar is acting up again. Magic came out whining about how he wanted Fox but Mrs Buss forced him to take Lonzo. Pels basically came out saying they're ****ing with Magic out of spite.

Oh god. Schadenfreude overload! I need a cold shower and a cigarette.
JaVale got a "Not worth trading" chant himself. Looked pretty sad.

That comes from Windhorst, who is LeBron's personal mouthpiece. I'll buy that NO never wanted to deal with LA because LeBron and his folks were blatantly tampering, but it's also laughable at how much LA played itself given that Boston had expressed interest but has tied down until the end of season.

There's a lot of projection from team LeBron right now, I didn't like him going to LA but I admired it in sort of an Uncle Drew kind of way, that he might shape/re-mold a glamour franchise that has lost it's way. But that lasted a fraction longer than a cup of coffee.
F that. If he wanted to redeem a franchise he should have went to the clippers. Imagine bringing a ring to both the cavs and the clippers? He would have been a god. I was his biggest fan since he was in HS, he’s now dead to me.

F that. If he wanted to redeem a franchise he should have went to the clippers. Imagine bringing a ring to both the cavs and the clippers? He would have been a god. I was his biggest fan since he was in HS, he’s now dead to me.
Like I said it was a fleeting feeling. Clearly he had no intentions of mentoring any kids or being part of any youth movement or rebuild. Which is what makes him trying to drive the narrative with Windy and Instagram and everything else so delightful.

Some of you know how deep my hatred of all things Lakers go. Even you cannot believe how much joy I am deriving from this whole scenario.
Weirdly things are looking somewhat similar to the old kings lakers rivalry except it's the 8th playoff spot instead of championship this time.

Go kings