Vlade Divac

I think Willie is a good guy and it’s not awful. Just didn’t care for the tone of the quote about how it’s not coming back. I get it these guys are tight, but would like to see a little more professionalism, but to each his own
I think you guys are being too harsh. This is one of the repercussions of making these types of trades with a team that has developed a close knit relationship and chemistry with one another.

We fans see them as pro players only. But they see each other as friends and family. They spend more time with each other than anyone else. And when you have a group of guys largely 19-26 years old, they are gonna feel it more and react differently than older vets.

I mean, we can't have it both ways. We all want the team to be close and have great chemistry. While this team wasn't a title contender, the locker room was as good as any. So we have to expect and accept that many of the players are gonna feel as Willie does.

Willie has always been a brutally honest dude. Just because the other players haven't been as open as Trill doesn't mean they feel any different. And why can't Willie express himself? This is a new era where the players have been given that latitude under Adam Silver as opposed to the Iron Fist rule of David Stern. That's precisely why you also read the comments from LBJ today.. which wouldn't have happened 10 years ago.

I think you guys are being too harsh. This is one of the repercussions of making these types of trades with a team that has developed a close knit relationship and chemistry with one another.

We fans see them as pro players only. But they see each other as friends and family. They spend more time with each other than anyone else. And when you have a group of guys largely 19-26 years old, they are gonna feel it more and react differently than older vets.

I mean, we can't have it both ways. We all want the team to be close and have great chemistry. While this team wasn't a title contender, the locker room was as good as any. So we have to expect and accept that many of the players are gonna feel as Willie does.

Willie has always been a brutally honest dude. Just because the other players haven't been as open as Trill doesn't mean they feel any different. And why can't Willie express himself? This is a new era where the players have been given that latitude under Adam Silver as opposed to the Iron Fist rule of David Stern. That's precisely why you also read the comments from LBJ today.. which wouldn't have happened 10 years ago.
the others are expressing themselves, but they get it.

the others are expressing themselves, but they get it.

Notice who showed up to actually play in tonights game too. Buddy 20-10, worked his butt off all game, made a bunch of hustle plays.

Meanwhile, WCS with 3-6 in 21 minutes on 1-5 shooting, got absolutely dominated in the paint by Faried and Tucker.

I have absolutely no problem with the guys being sad about Shump and JJ being gone. But it speaks volumes (literally) when Buddy comes out and says that its up to him to step up and be a leader and get the guys ready. And that he's going to be ready to play on Friday.

With the squad we currently have if it fails its 100% on the players/coaches we have solved two massive issues in a legit SF (Barnes) and another guy who can in the half court break down a defense BETTER THAN ANYONE on this squad in Burkes, imo we have to make the playoffs now or else it's a awful end to the season,

The way our sf’s played this year most everyone was screaming for a trade. The combined scoring differences between Burk and Barnes is over 10 points a game over what we had at the position . Our rebounding will improve and are we really giving up that much defense I kinda doubt it.

Plus we have a very good up and coming team and those two should get plenty of run. No matter how much I like players shumperts hero ball and JJ just wasn’t going to move the needle forward for us.

We are now a legitimate very strong 8 deep rotation without counting WCS or Yogi and that’s not bad. Now I don’t want to bash the folks leaving any more than I have but dang good job Vlade.

Everyone keep in mind: the Kings make a TON more money if they make the playoffs. Tens of millions more in revenue, even for just one series. Playoff tix will be crazy expensive, plus tv... etc... there is massive financial incentive for teams to make the playoffs. Think about it: your labor costs stay the same (the vast bulk of it) but you get to sell a whole bunch more product. When you're close like the Kings are, you don't soft pedal it in the name of "playing the youth". The youth is fine. You go hard.

When I realized this, it was like... uh yes of course they were always going to be trying to make some big moves THIS trade deadline.

Everyone keep in mind: the Kings make a TON more money if they make the playoffs. Tens of millions more in revenue, even for just one series. Playoff tix will be crazy expensive, plus tv... etc... there is massive financial incentive for teams to make the playoffs. Think about it: your labor costs stay the same (the vast bulk of it) but you get to sell a whole bunch more product. When you're close like the Kings are, you don't soft pedal it in the name of "playing the youth". The youth is fine. You go hard.

When I realized this, it was like... uh yes of course they were always going to be trying to make some big moves THIS trade deadline.
That’s all well and good but they did trade Cousins two years ago while we were sitting 9th in the West and stringing some solid games together (including beating LeBron and the Cavs in Cleveland only a couple of days earlier)

That’s all well and good but they did trade Cousins two years ago while we were sitting 9th in the West and stringing some solid games together (including beating LeBron and the Cavs in Cleveland only a couple of days earlier)
They apparently made the decision that an overhaul was needed and a real rebuild would begin. I'm glad they did.

They apparently made the decision that an overhaul was needed and a real rebuild would begin. I'm glad they did.
That’s all fair and well but if it was all about the $$$ as your previous post implied, they would have made the trades to make the play offs that year rather than blow it up.

The beauty of the trades done in the last few hours is that they not only make us more talented now but they also make us younger. Added quality both for the here and now and for the future. It might take some time for the new guys to fit in and for the existing guys to adapt to the new guys but there is no doubt that we are more talented now than we were a few hours ago. Also better balanced IMHO.

Well, isn’t this the same Dallas team that traded or let walk a future HOF in Steve Nash, because they felt he had hit his plateau. ;)
I’m not saying he can’t be a significant piece of our team for many years. Who knows, maybe we look back on this trade as a significant turning point. BUT, you can’t expect Barnes to develop at this point into a superstar. Dallas will not be kicking themselves in a couple years for this move. He is what he is I think he will fit in great.

But one trade was dependent on another the way I see it. You trade for Barnes and Shump rides the pine. This way you upgrade the talent at position and on the bench. Simply put, Barnes and Burks is significantly more talented than Shumpert and J
Shump doesn't ride the pine. He can still get 15 minutes. His value was as glue and an actual mentor to these kids. People here use "old" and "mentor" interchangeably but shump was actually one. And they didn't need to do that at all. You think he would've been pissed or sad that Barnes started? He would've been fine and the morale on the team would have been better.

The Mavs tried to get draft picks from us, Vlade said no. Good job Vlade!

"Dallas had held out for pick compensation, per multiple sources, but the team wasn’t successful in prying that from Sacramento. Instead, the Mavericks dealt Barnes in what was essentially a salary dump"

From what I hear we are getting two good teammates where they have played and two pretty good starters on about any team.
I remember really hating when Richmond left and we got Webber who didn’t want any part of the deal and most folks didn’t want any part of him either.
In retrospect that turned out a pretty darn good deal for us. I still dislike his continued dishing on our organization.

The Mavs tried to get draft picks from us, Vlade said no. Good job Vlade!

"Dallas had held out for pick compensation, per multiple sources, but the team wasn’t successful in prying that from Sacramento. Instead, the Mavericks dealt Barnes in what was essentially a salary dump"
I'd say Vlade has learned a thing or two. Based on what we had to give up, it was a power move. I understand people praising the Mavs for getting Barnes' money off their books for the offseason; however, I'm surprised more of the national media haven't admitted Vlade killed this trade .....well, maybe not "surprised" as I'm not sure Vlade will ever shake the perception that he doesn't know what he's doing. From my perspective, that's when the Vladefather strikes.

You are right on the money

I would suspect many of them hated the fact we had the cap space and zbo’s contract to spend on a quality player with not barely a peep from Vlade.

I don’t think I was being harsh on him at all. I acknowledged why he was upset and it’s understandable. And I’m all for speaking ones mind and i certainly don’t think there was an malicious intent in his part. But the tone came off like he was bashing the trade. Being one if the leaders and elder statesmen on this team, I would have liked a little more discretion. But that’s just me :)

Slept on it... still despise the Shump trade.

Vlade should know better than anyone how much chemistry matters. :(
I tend to agree. I think Burks size, versatility in terms of running the point and 3pt% is appealing, but is it more important than trading than being a team leader. Hope it all works out